Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

JK37 wrote: July 22nd, 2019, 9:07 am There are HCHF’s spoken expectations to the media (low), and then his internal expectations (I’m guessing VERY high). That’s just smart media management.
That's what I'm hoping. I hope he even gave the guys the heads up. "Listen, I'm going to call you guys FCS talent to the media. Just know that I dont really view you that way. Its just pre-Syracuse strategy"
Anybody heard anything definite about his waiver yet? Coach Freeze has mentioned that we’d probably have an answer by today.
I like the idea of still having him for 2 years after Buckshot graduates, but I wouldn’t mind having him in the mix this year either.
To be honest, I see this denial as a good thing. Gives us a surefire QB for 2020 and 2021 instead of having him being Buckshots backup this year and starting next year. Especially with our schedule for the next two years after 2019, having Willis could be huge. Having THREE 3 star QBs in the QB room after Buckshot graduates (Willis, JB, and Sean Brown), gives us many options in the post-Buckshot era. The future is bright.
chris leedlelee wrote: August 29th, 2019, 9:32 am To be honest, I see this denial as a good thing. Gives us a surefire QB for 2020 and 2021 instead of having him being Buckshots backup this year and starting next year. Especially with our schedule for the next two years after 2019, having Willis could be huge. Having THREE 3 star QBs in the QB room after Buckshot graduates (Willis, JB, and Sean Brown), gives us many options in the post-Buckshot era. The future is bright.
I wouldn't give the job to Willis just yet. I sure JB will get his opportunities this year, going in with certain packages to keep defense off balance. If he does well, he should go in as presumptive #1 next year until beaten out on the field.
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 29th, 2019, 8:17 am The thing that hasn’t been said yet is that this is also great for our defense. Malik will likely be the scout team QB and for them to go against him every day in practice will make them get better.

Jon, you sound like a coach. I'm shocked that Ballcoach didn't point this out before you did! :fineprint
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 29th, 2019, 8:17 am The thing that hasn’t been said yet is that this is also great for our defense. Malik will likely be the scout team QB and for them to go against him every day in practice will make them get better.
So much truth here...in the era of dual-threat QBs and RPOs and high flying, uptempo offense, having a scout team QB in house to replicate (though not perfectly) that style of offense gives the defense much needed ammunition which I agree will make them get better
NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]