Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Ewglenn
Class of 20Something wrote:That is about as high as 3*s get without being 4*. The threshold on 247 is .8900 and Willis is at .8857. Willis would be an enormous talent to add to the roster.
There was 354 4 or 5*’s that year he was 368. So really close.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Business major and an honor roll student. Our new School of Business building is opening at the perfect time! Here's his profile on the Auburn football roster:

https://auburntigers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=12913
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
That's a fair question to ask. My question is if he is going to be a QB here, would he want to potentially be a backup again after sitting out a year due to transfer rules should he not beat out Bennett for the starting job?
By LibertyD
He obviously does not feel that he will get PT at Auburn...no Red Carpet treatment at Liberty please! Come in, work hard and earn your time should be our mantra, regardless of the star ratings. Star rating is over rated, in my experience.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Look freeze is going to bring in a veteran qb to push jb one way or another whether its this kid or another. He doesnt want him to just assume the job is his. Clearly they dont see much in robinson as we suspected. I was actually surprised at how good he looked in spring game. Im actually more interested tl see how the walk on 2 star kid looks. He could be a steal to me. I like him better than robinson van dellen and cunningham just off his tape.
Last edited by jinxy on June 13th, 2019, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Word on the street aka the Auburn forums on rivals and 247sports are revealing that Malik Willis is choosing between Troy and Liberty. This may not be new info for some but I found it worthwhile. The other tid bit from both forums seem to be pointing to him landing at Liberty, but that could be just gossip. Should be fun to follow regardless.
Since Buckshot's freshman year there has been no QB competition. IF Malik Willis decides to transfer to LU then the competition between him and JB will fun to watch as good QB competition at times as made both top 2 QB's better aka Jalen Hurts and Tua Tangovailoa.
By cruzan_flame13
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: June 18th, 2019, 3:54 pm Since Buckshot's freshman year there has been no QB competition. IF Malik Willis decides to transfer to LU then the competition between him and JB will fun to watch as good QB competition at times as made both top 2 QB's better aka Jalen Hurts and Tua Tangovailoa.
From your post, you already assume that Buckshot has the #1 QB shot. If Willis comes in and show remarkable leadership and his athletic talent, what makes you not consider that the coaches wouldn't make him start games that isn't against the FCS opponents? Is it because Buckshot was stated to be the starter and he's a senior? The point is to win games and if Willis performs as a player who can more easily guarantee that notion, then I wouldn't be surprise that he'll be #1 (unless Buckshot proves that he's better). Right? :fbplayer
You're all good. Honestly, I wish he was able to play immediately. What makes his case any different than Just Fields or even Tate Martell. Both of them transferred because of playing time and the NCAA approved it. However, that is another discussion for another time.

I would love to be able to redshirt JB this year and have Buckshot and Willis be our QB1A and QB1B. It would give our offense another dimension. Also, this is not to say that JB couldn't do this for us as well this year. Willis is more agile, faster and has more game experience than JB though.
By gerb
"Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn typically doesn’t have many words for players who decide to leave the program. It’s typically, “We wish them nothing but the best,” along with little else.

But the situation with Malik Willis was clearly different. Willis spent two years as a dutiful backup quarterback to Jarrett Stidham, and fought for a starting job in 2019 before losing out to Joey Gatewood and Bo Nix, who are still fighting for the spot.

So it made sense for Willis to enter the transfer portal, which he did earlier this month. And Malzahn basically acknowledged as much.

“First of all, Malik is a wonderful human being," Malzahn said. "We’ll be rooting for Malik to find the right situation for him. But like I said, he was a blessing to coach, and we’ll be rooting for him.”

Willis had just 11 pass attempts in his two years, and ran for 309 yards, totaling two touchdowns. He was seldom used as a straight up quarterback. He’ll likely be a sought after commodity, as he is one of the top remaining quarterbacks in the portal."

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2019/ ... ldotcom_sf
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]