Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
KaTron Evans
6' 4" 293 lbs Defensive Tackle
Norfolk (VA) Granby HS

Rivals Profile

247sports Profile 4- :star

Hudl Profile

Twitter

Holds Offers from (As of 2/24/19):
  • Alabama
    Clemson
    Duke
    Florida
    Florida State
    Georgia
    Liberty
    LSU
    Maryland
    Michigan
    Mississippi State
    Missouri
    NC State
    Nebraska
    North Carolina
    Oklahoma
    Pitt
    Rutgers
    Southern Miss
    TCU
    Tennessee
    Texas A&M
    UCF
    Virginia
    Virginia Tech
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
This kid is 5 star on Rivals. It feels good to even offer a 5 star player!

I get the sense that Freeze really believes Liberty has something special to offer even elite recruits.

I don't have any first hand experience to say this but it didn't seem Gill showed that confidence, and that's not a knock on Gill. Perhaps Freeze is just a heck of a salesman.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
I'll give it to Freeze and staff - they are offering some big time athletes with big time offers from Power 5 schools. I love it. I know it takes a lot of work and we will win few, if any, but the coaches should shoot for the moon. This is a special school with many advantages.

As long as we have good coaches - Liberty provides a really good character option for these athletes. In a time where so many kids are getting in trouble - why not have a Christian University on the resume. I was going to a big University and found out that it was just a drink-fest and party every other night - which isn't terrible, but it is when you are either paying for it yourself or want to get done and get started in your career. Athletes will get the exposure here - all our games are on TV, we play good competition and the focus is is on being a better person, at the same time of becoming the best athlete.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Not it saying it will happen, but student athletes from the 757 are proud of where they are from and tend to recruit each other to come play alongside them in college. With that said, I could see Tayvion Land being not just a big time player for us but also a big time recruiter for us similar to Johnathan Bennett.
By tyndal23
Kricket wrote:This kid is 5 star on Rivals. It feels good to even offer a 5 star player!

I get the sense that Freeze really believes Liberty has something special to offer even elite recruits.

I don't have any first hand experience to say this but it didn't seem Gill showed that confidence, and that's not a knock on Gill. Perhaps Freeze is just a heck of a salesman.
There has only been 1 5 Star Player ever commit to a G5 school - Ed Oliver stayed local to play for Houston. When/IF we announce and schedule as a P5 equivalent - 6-7 P5 games a year - We will recruit with the best of them - not before...
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
OK, so you're saying we won't receive any 5 star commits in the near future. Not exactly going too far out on a limb even if we had scheduled more P5 games, but I suppose that if you want to make the same point on every thread you have the right to do so.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote:Anyone remember having a 5 star on campus previously?
I do not believe Tebow ever made it to campus while still a prospect. But I could be wrong. He obviously chose the Gators over the Tide and we were a distant also-ran. It would have been fun to have him making the call today under current circumstances.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
J’Courtney Williams. Top 10 player in the nation, kicked off the UVA team, enrolled at Liberty never played a down.

Basketball we had James Johnson, James Lang, and supposedly Chris Weber.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:J’Courtney Williams. Top 10 player in the nation, kicked off the UVA team, enrolled at Liberty never played a down.

Basketball we had James Johnson, James Lang, and supposedly Chris Weber.
Supposedly, we also had a guy who played guard for the Lakers on campus, but never played. Last name was Fisher ??
By tyndal23
Kricket wrote:OK, so you're saying we won't receive any 5 star commits in the near future. Not exactly going too far out on a limb even if we had scheduled more P5 games, but I suppose that if you want to make the same point on every thread you have the right to do so.
With the right staff we will be 2 deep in high end 3 and 4 stars with occasional 5 star - we will recruit closer to ND level than BYU ( we have 10 times the pool to choose from compared to BYU and we don’t make our players take a 2 year mission ) and we will recruit nationally not just regionally. The more liberal lunatic state schools become the more attractive LU becomes. BUT P5 quality players want to play P5 level and go Pro and until LU makes that commitment we will get the occasional 4 star here and there but will mainly be G5 level talent signing.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote:
Kricket wrote:OK, so you're saying we won't receive any 5 star commits in the near future. Not exactly going too far out on a limb even if we had scheduled more P5 games, but I suppose that if you want to make the same point on every thread you have the right to do so.
With the right staff we will be 2 deep in high end 3 and 4 stars with occasional 5 star - we will recruit closer to ND level than BYU ( we have 10 times the pool to choose from compared to BYU and we don’t make our players take a 2 year mission ) and we will recruit nationally not just regionally. The more liberal lunatic state schools become the more attractive LU becomes. BUT P5 quality players want to play P5 level and go Pro and until LU makes that commitment we will get the occasional 4 star here and there but will mainly be G5 level talent signing.
Just a couple of points on the BYU comparison. I agree we have a larger pool to draw from, but it's not because you have to be a Morman to play for BYU. Also, they most definately do not require anyone to go on the 2 year mission. Some of their athletes who are devout Mormans do, and especially in football it actually works in their favor because they get an exemption from the 5 year rule and generally have several players on their team who are older/more mature than anyone lining up against them.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]