Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By tyndal23
The competition level to start 6A QB in TX is unreal. Could be a nice sleeper for us and hey we didn’t even have to play in Cowboy Stadium to get him to notice us...
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:Image
That is a crazy high SPARQ score. 40 feet in power ball as a QB? Kid is STRONG. Most of the kids doing that are defensive linemen or linebackers.
By Class of 20Something
oldflame wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:Image
That is a crazy high SPARQ score. 40 feet in power ball as a QB? Kid is STRONG. Most of the kids doing that are defensive linemen or linebackers.
Even with an ankle injury, I'm not sure how he doesn't have more offers. Texas 6A is the real deal and he has raw physicality. I wonder if he just didn't register with any of the services. That's the only thing I can think of. But the offers should still have come in.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: Even with an ankle injury, I'm not sure how he doesn't have more offers. Texas 6A is the real deal and he has raw physicality. I wonder if he just didn't register with any of the services. That's the only thing I can think of. But the offers should still have come in.
Agreed. I'm not sure why he slipped through the cracks. Watch this kids video on hudl. He made a ton of great touch passes and has decent burst in the video. It really makes no sense that he didn't have more offers. :dontgetit maybe he's just a late bloomer?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I think we have at least one player on our current roster who needs to start researching FCS teams that need a QB. Maybe 2. The QB competition in Spring practice is going to be REALLY interesting, all the way down the depth chart. Don't sleep on Landon Brown.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
JK37 wrote:Forgive me, what is a Power Ball test.
[youtube]cCkFWIxB--8[/youtube]
It's primarily a test of core body strength. The ball weighs 3 kilograms. The record appears to be just over 49 feet, set by a 290 pound defensive lineman in 2011.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Is there someone else transferring out that we don't know about yet? I am all for depth but the qb room already had Buck, Bennett, Van Dellen, Pop Robinson, Mason & Landon Brown.

Unlike Terry lambert and his tweets about committing to us. Bowers got retweets from HCHF.
By Class of 20Something
That and if we offered Bowers a scholarship, we can only give one more this season. I still think he can compete though. Kid has vision and some insane raw talent. Between Freeze and Kent Austin, they could craft a monster.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
As much as I want Johnathan Bennett to go down as one of the best qb's and players LU has ever had. The reality is, I want our program to succeed to limits unimaginable. If that is Bennett even better, but if it is Bowers, some kid from the 2020 class or the greatest college QB name ever in General Booty then it doesn't matter.

All that to say, I am happy for Bowers and the opportunity he has here.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Is there someone else transferring out that we don't know about yet? I am all for depth but the qb room already had Buck, Bennett, Van Dellen, Pop Robinson, Mason & Landon Brown.

Unlike Terry lambert and his tweets about committing to us. Bowers got retweets from HCHF.
I think it's safe to say we will have 1 or even 2 QBs contemplating transfer, but it's unlikely a move will be made till after Spring practice. As things stand now, we would have 6 in Fall camp; 4 scholarship and 2 walk-ons, and it's very possible both of the walk-ons will be ahead of a couple of the scholarship players on the depth chart.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Is there someone else transferring out that we don't know about yet? I am all for depth but the qb room already had Buck, Bennett, Van Dellen, Pop Robinson, Mason & Landon Brown.

I think it's safe to say we will have 1 or even 2 QBs contemplating transfer, but it's unlikely a move will be made till after Spring practice. As things stand now, we would have 6 in Fall camp; 4 scholarship and 2 walk-ons, and it's very possible both of the walk-ons will be ahead of a couple of the scholarship players on the depth chart.

I forgot Van Dellen. That makes 7. Of course only 4 of them are scholarship players, but I can easily see one or more walk-ons who will be ahead of scholarship players, making for an uncomfortible situation.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I haven't seen this kid play but this HS is arguably the most successful and top football program in the Lone Star State. Let that sink in for a minute.
By Ewglenn
Sly Fox wrote:I haven't seen this kid play but this HS is arguably the most successful and top football program in the Lone Star State. Let that sink in for a minute.
They are one of the best in the country. Last year they finished in the top 70 high school football teams in the country. I hate to do this, because they were 13-1, but they were one of the more disappointing teams last year. They blew out a lot of people but that last game against Duncanville was ROUGH (51-7).
By richmondvareb
Spring training is going to be an eye opener when it comes to quarterbacks. They are key to Freeze's fast tempo offense. They will all be given a fair chance to succeed. The number of offensive plays per game previously will grow exponentially under Freeze. Now, in order to be able to snap rapidly and often without a huddle, the quarterbacks have to be smart in order to remember all the plays and be able to switch on a second's notice based on how the defense is lined up and what weaknesses LU's coaches have spotted.

Now, I don't know any of your players because I didn't follow LU last fall, but starting Feb. 23 I believe it is, Freeze will find out quickly who can do what and will find a place for each of them (whether at the quarterback position or elsewhere). Freeze is interested in developing young men so they can be the best God intended them to be, so Freeze will use each guy's talents where they can best be utilized. The goal will be for each man on the squad to feel good about themselves and where they are playing which will be good for the players because in life you have to learn to adapt your own talents to whatever job is at hand. The better a person is at adapting, the better off they will be in life. Yes, there will occasionally be some who prefer to transfer elsewhere, but that always happens when you deal with human beings. Freeze will do his best to keep each player's talents in mind and use them to the highest and best use. The players who stick it out will wind up loving him because he is so fair IMHO.

I remember we had a high star ranked quarterback who was comparatively large, but very smart. He wound up transferring to another position (playing the role of a lineman as I recall) but Freeze would bring him in for surprise plays in the red zone and have that big guy with his size try to mow them down on a short yardage run to the end zone. Another quarterback was very good with speed but not at passing, so he turned into a tight end which Freeze loves in his offense. One quarterback became a running back. So, if you do have 7 quarterbacks, they will all get a fair tryout, but some of them may be better suited for other positions. Those players will likely wind up somewhere else, but perhaps occasionally come in for a surprise offensive play as a quarterback. Freeze will always have surprise plays in his hip pocket.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
richmondvareb wrote: Freeze will always have surprise plays in his hip pocket.
Thanks for your perspective, RichReb. LU fans will LOVE this, but esp. Ballcoach. :clapping
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I seem to recall a QB we had on roster recently, who would have been great at "surprise" plays, trick plays, wildcat plays, etc., but he stayed on the bench. I believe previous staff thought such plays were illegal.
By gerb
Ewglenn wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:I haven't seen this kid play but this HS is arguably the most successful and top football program in the Lone Star State. Let that sink in for a minute.
They are one of the best in the country. Last year they finished in the top 70 high school football teams in the country. I hate to do this, because they were 13-1, but they were one of the more disappointing teams last year. They blew out a lot of people but that last game against Duncanville was ROUGH (51-7).
Carroll is a mile from my house. If my son wants to play in a few years, we'll either send him to Faith Grapevine or Carroll.
By Class of 20Something
gerb wrote:
Ewglenn wrote:
Carroll is a mile from my house. If my son wants to play in a few years, we'll either send him to Faith Grapevine or Carroll.
Both of which fed Liberty this class.
By gerb
Class of 20Something wrote:
gerb wrote:
Ewglenn wrote:
Both of which fed Liberty this class.
:wink: :football
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?!

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll: