Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Class of 20Something
I will periodically update this post to track how we recruit VA with three other in state FBS programs, an FCS powerhouse, and against the rest of FBS. Using Rivals recruiting rankings. These are the top 30 recruits in Virginia. Bold indicates offered by LU.
  • 5* ILB Antoine Sampah - Woodbridge - LSU
  • 4* APB Chris Tyree - Chester - Notre Dame
  • 4* CB Keontae Jenkins - Virginia Beach - UVa
  • 4* OLB Ethan West - Mosley - UNC Commit
  • 4* S Malcolm Greene - Highland Springs - Undecided
  • 4* OT Ruben Adams - Woodbidge - Penn State
  • 4* WR Keandre Lambert - Norfolk - Undecided
  • 3* OG Altrique Barlow - Virginia Beach - TCU
  • 3* OT Jimmy Christ - Sterling - Undecided
  • 3* RB Tim Baldwin - Ashburn - Undecided
  • 3* OLB Malcolm Britt - Chesapeake - Undecided
  • 3* S Nehki Meredith - Virginia Beach - Undecided
  • 3* WDE Antwaun Powell Ryland - Portsmith - Undecided
  • 3* WR Zae Banes - Roanoke - Undecided
  • 3* APB Javon Swinton - Stafford - Undecided
  • 3* DUAL Tyler Warren - Mechanicsville - Virginia Tech Commit
  • 3* ATH Lameron James - CHesapeake - Undecided
  • 3* DUAL Mitch Griffis - Ashburn - Wake Forest Commit
  • 3* CB Antonio Webb Jr - Chester - Undecided
  • 3* CB Elijah Gaines - Alexandria - Undecided
  • 3* ATH David Laney - Highland Springs - Undecided
  • 3* RB Jacob Saffold - Norfolk - Undecided
  • 3* ATH Thailand Baldwin - Hampton - Undecided
  • 3* WR VJ Johnson - Virginia Beach - Undecided
  • 3* RB Kaelon Black - Virginia Beach - Undecided
  • 3* OT Omega Williams - Chesapeake - Undecided
  • 3* DT Treyshaun Mitchell - Suffolk - Undecided
  • 3* S Gerrien Christopher - Chester - Undecided
  • 3* WR Lakeen Rudolph - Virginia Beach - Undecided
  • 3* OT Vershon Lee - Woodbridge - South Carolina
Last edited by Class of 20Something on February 21st, 2019, 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By richmondvareb
The current roster has 20 players from VA (5 from Lynchburg, Front Royal, Forest, Chesterfield, 2 from Woodbridge, Stafford, Arlington, Roanoke, King George, Woodberry Forest, Va. Beach, Appomattox, Mechanicsville, Purcellville, Salem). The Feb. and Dec. 2019 signing classes add another 5 (2 from Lynchburg, 1 from Richmond, 1 from Danville and 1 from Va Beach). Here is the current roster: http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... 9&teamID=9 Now, I'm not sure if last year's graduating seniors have been removed from this roster list, but I assume so since we are now into 2019.
By tyndal23
Great early commitment beating out 2 P5 offers !!! I am telling you ( once again ) LU can be doing this coast to coast when we commit to being a P5 Equivalent. The appeal is real :)
tyndal23 wrote:Great early commitment beating out 2 P5 offers !!! I am telling you ( once again ) LU can be doing this coast to coast when we commit to being a P5 Equivalent. The appeal is real :)
Are you just a novelty account? Just change your username to P5orBust.
By tyndal23
How about I change it to CoulterMcCraceken - Ann Coulter - doggedly supporting 1 issue - but knowledgeable about it - and as annoying as McCraken - superfan to those who disagree but can’t come up with a reasonable argument against... :).
tyndal23 wrote:How about I change it to CoulterMcCraceken - Ann Coulter - doggedly supporting 1 issue - but knowledgeable about it - and as annoying as McCraken - superfan to those who disagree but can’t come up with a reasonable argument against... :).
Perfect!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Here's the thing BC, if you look at the list in the OP, only three of the schools up there that these guys are committing to are not major players among the P5 schools (TCU, UNC, and Wake Forest). For the most part, they are signing with established major P5 programs where they have a chance at a) significant playing time b) significant exposure to pro scouts. If you look at the major players, LSU is in the SEC, UVa just saw Juan Thornhill get drafted on day 2 I believe, Penn State is Penn State (and James Franklin is doing some great work up there) and Virginia Tech will continue to rake in bigtime recruits unless they start to really fall off under Coach Fuente and the last of the Beamer kids moves on. There's a lot more to it than you may realize
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]