Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Lincorey Lucas Jr,
6' 3" 215 lbs Defensive End
Chesapeake (VA) Indian River HS

ImageImage

ImageImage

Holds Offers from (As of 2/5/19):
  • Coastal Carolina
    Liberty
    Marshall
    Temple
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Great to snag another defender from the 757. He could be a DE/LB hybrid for us. Give another element of speed and athleticism on the edge (I forget who said something about the average weight/muscle gain a player can make from year to year but i think the number was 20 pounds or something)
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Great to snag another defender from the 757. He could be a DE/LB hybrid for us. Give another element of speed and athleticism on the edge (I forget who said something about the average weight/muscle gain a player can make from year to year but i think the number was 20 pounds or something)
20 lbs/yr is considered to be the maximum amount of muscle mass most athletes can gain safely and without pharmaceutical assistance. I'm pretty sure the biggest gain over a career at Liberty was Francis Bah, who started out as a 215 pound tailback and ended up as a 295 pound DT in his 4th and 5th years.
oldflame wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Great to snag another defender from the 757. He could be a DE/LB hybrid for us. Give another element of speed and athleticism on the edge (I forget who said something about the average weight/muscle gain a player can make from year to year but i think the number was 20 pounds or something)
20 lbs/yr is considered to be the maximum amount of muscle mass most athletes can gain safely and without pharmaceutical assistance. I'm pretty sure the biggest gain over a career at Liberty was Francis Bah, who started out as a 215 pound tailback and ended up as a 295 pound DT in his 4th and 5th years.
Yep! 20/yr is considered the natural limit.

250# is probably where a body like his will target as a rush end. Probably looking for 15# of growth the first two years to get close. These are the kinds of players that redshirting can really benefit. A 230# R-Fr rush end is better than a 215# Fr rush end.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
215 would be better suited for an outside linebacker i think. I reckon coach Ferebee and his staff will get him built up, but I reckon he will be hitting the training table if he's being recruited as a defensive end
Chippy wrote:FWIW Jayod Sanders played at 210 for the last 2 years pretty effectively spelling Juwan Wells.
Fwiw nothing our defense didn't do anything effectively the past two years. And we are talking about a backup. The starter weighed in at 260
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]