Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Ewglenn
Yeah he is the surprise lol. I was at work looking at all of the recruiting services trying to find a 4* that made sense (first time I was that invested in a recruit since becoming a fan of LU).
By Ewglenn
oldflame wrote:
Ewglenn wrote:I was actually going to list him as my prediction for the surprise
Sure ballcoach :wink:
Lol I take it back, I can’t be compared to him...
By CCWMichael
Jonathan Carone wrote:This one smells weird. I have nothing to back that statement up, and I hope it's only because it's a new smell I'm not used to, but it's weird.
He did state in his tweet that he chose us because he was accepted for who he is .... could be a great redemption story , sell our mission and brand, and draw in further recruits with his testimony.
To God be the Glory!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:This one smells weird. I have nothing to back that statement up, and I hope it's only because it's a new smell I'm not used to, but it's weird.
He did state in his tweet that he chose us because he was accepted for who he is .... could be a great redemption story , sell our mission and brand, and draw in further recruits with his testimony.
To God be the Glory!
I saw that too. From a strictly football standpoint, you have to figure a chance to possibly play right away factored in. As talented as he may be, the kid weighs 166 pounds. You don't see many P5 DBs with that number, and frankly, I'm not sure he will be an every down guy for us either.
Last edited by olldflame on February 5th, 2019, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By CCWMichael
oldflame wrote:
CCWMichael wrote:
To God be the Glory!
I saw that too. From a strictly football standpoint, you have to figure a chance to possibly play right away factored in. As talented as he may be, the kid weighs 166 pounds. You don't see many P5 DBs with that number, and frankly, I'm not sure he could be an every down guy for us either.

Good point
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
"I love the smell of 4 stars in the morning. It smells like....................... VICTORY!"
By Jonathan Carone
Why did he decommit from two different schools? What set us apart from the P5 schools who were interested? Is he even eligible?

Those are the questions that intrigue me the most.

There's something that caused a four star kid to change his mind on two different schools and then choose not to sign early. I'm not saying it has to be anything bad. It may be a great reason. I'm just interested in what it is.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I mean vt is a dumpster fire right now and maryland had a staff change so those 2 make sense. Add in playing with what appears to be a good friend in clark and the fact that im sure all those offers werent still open and it makes more sense. Guess we will hear more soon.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Why did he decommit from two different schools? What set us apart from the P5 schools who were interested? Is he even eligible?

There's something that caused a four star kid to change his mind on two different schools and then choose not to sign early. I'm not saying it has to be anything bad. It may be a great reason. I'm just interested in what it is.
The commitment to VT came when he was a Sophomore in HS. No way of knowing whether he changed his mind or they did. Either way, it's not at all unusual for commitments that come that early not to pan out. Maryland was a mess, and they changed coaches. Can you blame him for holding off?

As to why Liberty? I could go with the Katie Feenstra line, but I'll give an answer.

Hugh Freeze
Playing time
Campus/facilities/Christian environment

If he isn't eligible, it certainly didn't scare off Maryland. I don't believe there is an issue with that.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Why did he decommit from two different schools? What set us apart from the P5 schools who were interested? Is he even eligible?

I’m with you on this.
By LU 57
Purple Haize wrote:

I’m with you on this.
Both of you offer great perspective on all things Liberty, but can we not just have a day to be excited about it without assuming the worst??

EDIT: On second thought, it would have been better if I said, "...assuming something is up".
2024 Recruiting Discussion

He’s the exception to the rule. Opposing […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1782[…]