Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Per this Manson tweet, HF is expecting 100 prospects on campus for Junior day this weekend.

Just curious; anyone know what the numbers have been for these in the past few years? I feel pretty certain that if it was anything close to that, we would have heard about it.
oldflame wrote:Per this Manson tweet, HF is expecting 100 prospects on campus for Junior day this weekend.

Just curious; anyone know what the numbers have been for these in the past few years? I feel pretty certain that if it was anything close to that, we would have heard about it.
When, if, HF ever leaves it will be fun to watch to try to replace this type of drive.
Hopefully he is here till judgement day b ut if not he has shown the new expectaions ans set the new bar .... I hope.
At this point with Cameron Hunter and Lincorey Lucas Jr. we have the 48th ranked class in the country. I suspect we will have atleast 2 more commits by the end of the month.

I think we may make the biggest jump in the recruiting rankings from this last year to the 2020 class.
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:At this point with Cameron Hunter and Lincorey Lucas Jr. we have the 48th ranked class in the country. I suspect we will have atleast 2 more commits by the end of the month.

I think we may make the biggest jump in the recruiting rankings from this last year to the 2020 class.
How big of a jump are you thinking? The only reason we are up there is because we actually have commits lol. I think we end around 110.
Is a top 10 G5 class a realistic goal ? Behind - Boise St, Army, Fresno St, UCF, Cincinnati, USF, Houston, SDSU,Memphis, N TX ? Should put is around 76 - ( not sure if that is a realistic goal but it is Hugh Freeze ). That would put us beating out Troy, App State type schools...
tyndal23 wrote:Is a top 10 G5 class a realistic goal ? Behind - Boise St, Army, Fresno St, UCF, Cincinnati, USF, Houston, SDSU,Memphis, N TX ? Should put is around 76 - ( not sure if that is a realistic goal but it is Hugh Freeze ). That would put us beating out Troy, App State type schools...
In time it’s realistic, right now it’s not.
According to 247, we finished out of all FBS teams second to last in recruiting. Now, 247 is also missing 5 of our other signees. Also, when you take a look at the Average Rating stat on 247 we are 98th out of 131 FBS teams. Which puts us in the middle of the pack for G5 schools. I admit I am an eternal optimist and so the kool-aid flows day in and day out over here. Nevertheless, our ranking of 130 out of 131 FBS teams for 2019 season could easily be between the 80s to 100. We are talking about as high as a 50 ranking swing or as low as a 30 ranking swing. I don't know how many schools could pull that kind of swing off.

When you look at the majority of the kids HCHF is recruiting you see a trend of 3 star kids as the majority. Even though I do believe Gill brought in some good recruits for us over the years the kind of kids that HCHF will pull in will be even better. We all also know that Coach Gill would sometimes go after the sure thing kid instead of going for a better player that could be a quick contributor. HCHF is obviously not afraid of going toe to toe with the big boys and saying come change the culture of football and make us a powerhouse in G5 and pushing for a new years 6 bowl. People tend to forget that UCF was a dumpster fire just a few seasons ago. Now, the culture has been changed. NOT saying it happens as fast as it did for them. BUT, I am saying that things can change faster than some may believe IF the right guys are driving the boat. I do believe we have the right guys driving the boat.
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:According to 247, we finished out of all FBS teams second to last in recruiting. Now, 247 is also missing 5 of our other signees. Also, when you take a look at the Average Rating stat on 247 we are 98th out of 131 FBS teams. Which puts us in the middle of the pack for G5 schools. I admit I am an eternal optimist and so the kool-aid flows day in and day out over here. Nevertheless, our ranking of 130 out of 131 FBS teams for 2019 season could easily be between the 80s to 100. We are talking about as high as a 50 ranking swing or as low as a 30 ranking swing. I don't know how many schools could pull that kind of swing off.

When you look at the majority of the kids HCHF is recruiting you see a trend of 3 star kids as the majority. Even though I do believe Gill brought in some good recruits for us over the years the kind of kids that HCHF will pull in will be even better. We all also know that Coach Gill would sometimes go after the sure thing kid instead of going for a better player that could be a quick contributor. HCHF is obviously not afraid of going toe to toe with the big boys and saying come change the culture of football and make us a powerhouse in G5 and pushing for a new years 6 bowl. People tend to forget that UCF was a dumpster fire just a few seasons ago. Now, the culture has been changed. NOT saying it happens as fast as it did for them. BUT, I am saying that things can change faster than some may believe IF the right guys are driving the boat. I do believe we have the right guys driving the boat.
Some might call it "drinking kool aid," but reality calls it "having a vision and taking risks." Carpe diem isn't a cookey aphorism. I will also add that some people don't need experience if they have a gift. We are blessed to have both with HF though.
Ewglenn wrote:11 3* and 13 2* was last years 110 ranked class. I think that is realistic. 81 class had 20 3* and 6 2* if we pull that off in his first recruiting class give him a million per year.
I think more important than the ranking of the class is to observe what they are replacing in 4 year recruits. Graduating this year is:

Buckshot Calvert 3*
Rion Davis 3*
Damien King 3*
AGG 2*
Brandon Tilmon 2*
Alex Probert 2*

We will add twenty additional rated recruits to the roster this year, the majority of which will be three stars.
247 has a great article on Boise St ( yesterday or day before ). They hit 50th ranked class and set record for G5 class both on ranking and per player average ( 1st G5 to average 85 score or over ). They stated their long term success has been finding the right quality caliber guys year in and year out but this year just happened to be same qualities with a little better athletic ratings. They are the 1 G5 that has had consistency with longevity in coaching staffs and it shows. They have guys buying in who are 2 stars and performing like 4 stars for over a decade. Talent is important but culture and coaching are even more so. I couldn’t post link because it was locked but should be easy to find on 247 Sports.

If I understand this correctly, starting July 1st,[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]