Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Ewglenn wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:What was wrong with the other tread with the exact same title?
I didn’t see it
It's all good. This one is longer than that one now anyway. I can't keep up with these offers for 2020. Clearly WR and QB are targets though.
By Ewglenn
Class of 20Something wrote:
Ewglenn wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:What was wrong with the other tread with the exact same title?
I didn’t see it
It's all good. This one is longer than that one now anyway. I can't keep up with these offers for 2020. Clearly WR and QB are targets though.
Lol I spend more time posting on CSNBBS so I miss quite a few post. I think this 2020 class is going to be a pretty stacked one.
Considering the class we've ended up with for 2019 what are your expectations for the 2020 class? What would you be content with? Do you anticipate we will get more than three 4-Stars, what about a 5-Star?

My Expectation Is
Top 125 Class Ranking
Top 100 Class Ranking
Top 50 Class Ranking
Top 25 Class Ranking

I'd Be Content With
Top 125 Class Ranking
Top 100 Class Ranking
Top 50 Class Ranking
Top 25 Class Ranking
I think with our foot print positioned now in the 757 and with Freeze's ties to the southeast especially in Bama the last few years I expect us to finish next year in the 80ish range. I think we pull in 2-4 stars as well as more 3-stars than we did this past year. (Which was 10 or 11, since 247 had Tayvion as a 3 star).
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote:Considering the class we've ended up with for 2019 what are your expectations for the 2020 class? What would you be content with? Do you anticipate we will get more than three 4-Stars, what about a 5-Star?

My Expectation Is
Top 125 Class Ranking
Top 100 Class Ranking
Top 50 Class Ranking
Top 25 Class Ranking

I'd Be Content With
Top 125 Class Ranking
Top 100 Class Ranking
Top 50 Class Ranking
Top 25 Class Ranking
Five star would be an absolute coup.
Outside of the SEC the only school doing very well with 5 stars is Oklahoma.
That is 3n or more five stars.
Along way to go to match cow college in four stars but a big season this year could light the fire in their pasture.
I thing we end up in the top 100 this year as far a recruiting goes. I know 247 and Rivals are not quite up to date but our three and four stars goes well above some of those in the top 100 now.
I have no idea when they update the final, or if they care to, but I put my money on we are in the top 100 now.
Solid season this year and bowl to boot with two FCS games ---- we can easily go into the top 75.
Army and Navy are outliers as they pull in a potential 90 kids for football each year.
Each kid at the academies must participate in a sport and they are all scholarship so to speak.
Here's to a top 75 or better next year. :cheerleader
The Sea of Red had a great article today on the 2019 recruiting class I'll copy here in case you missed it: http://www.aseaofred.com/freeze-just-ha ... ing-class/

Earlier in this string people were guessing Liberty would finish in the top 125 or better, and I definitely agree. Also, don't think Freeze is a novice when it comes to recruiting Virginia. One of our quarterbacks on the Ole Miss team is from Glen Allen, Virginia (his father was a former member of an Alabama team back in the 90s I believe). Here's a link if you want to read about him: https://olemisssports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=294
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote:I personally expect a Top 100 Ranking and would definitely be disappointed with anything less. I also would be disappointed if we didn't get at least three 4-Star guys in.
Three 4 * would put you in top 65 at the worst and that would only be if you had a real small class and didn’t sign many high end 3 * Probably top 35 if you sign additional 12 decent 3* ( real big quality range of 3 stars based on the assigned numerical system )
tyndal23 wrote:
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote:I personally expect a Top 100 Ranking and would definitely be disappointed with anything less. I also would be disappointed if we didn't get at least three 4-Star guys in.
Three 4 * would put you in top 65 at the worst and that would only be if you had a real small class and didn’t sign many high end 3 * Probably top 35 if you sign additional 12 decent 3* ( real big quality range of 3 stars based on the assigned numerical system )
Well not including BYU there are 65 P5 schools. I think that lends some credence to your ideas. I am not certain if it is sustainable with the following coaching staff. I think every year Hugh Freeze stays here the closer to P5 Liberty becomes.
Ewglenn wrote:247 should go through and redo all signings. Normally it take a few weeks to get done but I imagine in 2-3 weeks we should see all of our recruits on there.
247 is not counting Land as a 4 star because they rated him 3.
If I counted correctly then we will have 22 scholarships to fill according to the Spring Roster. Remember this is not taking into account transfers or if any of these seniors are non-scholarship players. So lets just say its safe to say that we will have to fill somewhere in between 18 to 20.

Breakdown of seniors:

Defensive Backs - 5

Defensive Line - 5

Linebackers - 3

Offensive Line - 3

Quarterback - 2

Wide Receiver - 2

Tight End - 1

Running Back - 1

As you can see we will be in NEED OF D-LINE, O-LINE, LINEBACKERS, QB & DB'S. I would put in that order due to the influx of DB's we took in 2019 that is why they are 5th.

I think our skill positions of WR and RB are solid and I think Freeze and staff will be very selective on who they want in those positions. However, TE will be interesting. Freeze likes to use the TE as an extra receiver and when he had Evan Engram Ole Miss was deadly because that guy was a beast who could move. I wouldn't be surprised to see Freeze take 2 TE's next year.

I look forward to junior days coming up in a month or so and I expect to see atleast 5 commitments come from them. We saw two commitments come from last years junior days in C.J. Yarbrough and Jason Stricker. It might have been 3 but I don't remember when Johnathan Bennett committed.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The NCAA's rule changes related to recruiting juniors has changed the game completely. Every school has made adjustments to how they recruit. The old mindset was that unless there was a significant fit with established connections, G5 & FCS schools would wait until the dust settles. This year I am seeing a ton of smaller schools offering early up against the big boys. Everyone is trying to figure out how this will impact commitments. Those seem to be coming earlier in the cycle each year.

I would be surprised if we didn't land at least 3-4 commits by the Spring Game. The landscape has changed and Coach Freeze's intensity on the recruiting front is palpable.
We have the experience and talent to step up and beat a Syracuse or UVA with a great game but depth thin enough to lose to UMass or UNM. Takes a while to get quality 3 deep and dogfights in every position to keep your spot.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Technically, we actually got our first commit last year a bit earlier, but that was PK Jason Stricker, and we were his only offer. Most FBS teams don't offer scholarships to HS PKs. They try to bring in a walk-on every year and then if a kid wins the job and is doing well, they give him a schollie after a year or 2 so it doesn't count against the recruiting class for a given year because he is not a "new arrival". Second commit came from CJ Yarborough in mid March.

Lucas is a 2 star right now, but since the announcement came from his HS coach, I'm thinking he is a kid we want, and may well end up as a 3 star. As far as I know, no cryptic tweets from our staff on this one yet.
oldflame wrote:Technically, we actually got our first commit last year a bit earlier, but that was PK Jason Stricker, and we were his only offer. Most FBS teams don't offer scholarships to HS PKs. They try to bring in a walk-on every year and then if a kid wins the job and is doing well, they give him a schollie after a year or 2 so it doesn't count against the recruiting class for a given year because he is not a "new arrival". Second commit came from CJ Yarborough in mid March.

Lucas is a 2 star right now, but since the announcement came from his HS coach, I'm thinking he is a kid we want, and may well end up as a 3 star. As far as I know, no cryptic tweets from our staff on this one yet.
Breh we're on 2020 now.
By tyndal23
Cof20 - pretty sure OldFlame knows what year it is - think he was simply comparing how early we got our first commitment last year to this one and highlighting that PK wasn’t a real good comparison. Would love to see some more high end recruits early to anchor class and start creating some buzz and momentum, but most of the guys we are offering are also getting P5 offers - will be very interesting recruiting class to watch.
tyndal23 wrote:Cof20 - pretty sure OldFlame knows what year it is - think he was simply comparing how early we got our first commitment last year to this one and highlighting that PK wasn’t a real good comparison. Would love to see some more high end recruits early to anchor class and start creating some buzz and momentum, but most of the guys we are offering are also getting P5 offers - will be very interesting recruiting class to watch.
Thanks man. I guess my comprehension went out the window this morning.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]