Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

cruzan_flame13 wrote: January 14th, 2020, 12:00 am So we have about 3 scholarship left since I am going to assume one will go to the JUCO TE who enrolled early. Hope two of the last three should go to defense for more depth and then the last schollie should go to whatever gem we can find. Random question, but is Probert still with us or is he graduating?
Probert has a year of eligibility remaining. He is almost certainly graduating this Spring if he hasn't already, but that really is irrelevant except for the possibility of him transferring. As things stand now, part of the legacy TG has left HF is to have 2 scholarships taken up by place kickers, something almost unheard of in college football, where many P5 programs are able to consistently fill the PK role with players who start as walk-ons. Probert is talented but inconsistant and the FR Jason Stricker is a total mystery, although the fact that he did not take a single kick last year despite the 4 game rule may be revealing.
oldflame wrote: January 14th, 2020, 9:51 am
cruzan_flame13 wrote: January 14th, 2020, 12:00 am So we have about 3 scholarship left since I am going to assume one will go to the JUCO TE who enrolled early. Hope two of the last three should go to defense for more depth and then the last schollie should go to whatever gem we can find. Random question, but is Probert still with us or is he graduating?
Probert has a year of eligibility remaining. He is almost certainly graduating this Spring if he hasn't already, but that really is irrelevant except for the possibility of him transferring. As things stand now, part of the legacy TG has left HF is to have 2 scholarships taken up by place kickers, something almost unheard of in college football, where many P5 programs are able to consistently fill the PK role with players who start as walk-ons. Probert is talented but inconsistant and the FR Jason Stricker is a total mystery, although the fact that he did not take a single kick last year despite the 4 game rule may be revealing.
Graduated December - starting on his masters per his twitter account.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
The gill era roster management is just perplexing. The dl lb qb depth and 2 kickers on scholarship are all hard to fathom.

Manson posted the answer to the sings question on the rumor mill. When you put 2 plus 2 together you get 4. The path manson mentioned is exactly what i was expecting when i heard about him and the situation.
When asked if Liberty was his new home possibly, here is how our LB recruit answered:

KeShaun Lance Moore
@keshaunmoe
·
6h
Idk cuh we’ll see

Sounds like we don't have him locked up after visit and we really, really need a LB.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Yeah but if we locked him down he wouldnt be taking that trip. Im amazed that nobody cares about cass. If we got him our secondary is loadddded. Obviously moore is more or a position of need and more likely based on offers but id love to get both of them.
jinxy wrote: January 27th, 2020, 11:03 pm Yeah but if we locked him down he wouldnt be taking that trip. Im amazed that nobody cares about cass. If we got him our secondary is loadddded. Obviously moore is more or a position of need and more likely based on offers but id love to get both of them.
I think for me, LB is a MUCH bigger weakness than the secondary. We lost all 3 starting LB's basically and picked up only 2 LB commitments. It was our weakest depth position last year. We don't get enough LB's, it could derail the season. I don't want to see repeats of the Rutgers game which I was at.

As for the secondary, we had some nice young players in the secondary last year. We added Deon Biggins as well as JUCO players Marcus Haskins and Juawan Treadwell. CB Keitrel Clark (Soph), S Ceneca Espinoza Jr. (Senior), Jimmy Faulks (Senior),S Micah Glaize (Soph), CB Tayvion Land (Soph), S Isaac Steele (Senior) are among some of the players who will be back. They have Tim Glass as a transfer safety who had a very high rating. I want Cass also, just don't think it kills our season if we somehow lose out.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Obviously lb is the position of need. What im saying is cass appears to be another lock down db and we are in his top 2 or 3 with leach and miss state and nobody cares if we get him. He is that 25th spot that we are looking for best player available at any spot. When you get a chance at top talent you want it no matter what position.
jinxy wrote: January 28th, 2020, 2:04 pm Obviously lb is the position of need. What im saying is cass appears to be another lock down db and we are in his top 2 or 3 with leach and miss state and nobody cares if we get him. He is that 25th spot that we are looking for best player available at any spot. When you get a chance at top talent you want it no matter what position.
Surely, it would be excellent to get him and I hope we do. The secondary, which is already decent, would become potentially great.

I am assuming TE Trevor Hobbs is going to sign with Liberty. I believe he was a JUCO transfer. He was retweeting Liberty stuff just 10 or 15 days ago and there doesn't seem to be any indication on his timeline that he is signing elsewhere. Is that correct, anyone?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]