Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Whether Hobbs has officially signed or not the fact is he is on campus and a full-time student at LU. His twitter also signals this as well. It could be as simple as a paper work thing with the NCAA.

Next Wednesday is going to be interesting with who else we get to sign. Michael James Jr. is a given but both the guys who visited this past weekend are also making their last official visits this weekend. Keshaun Moore at Toledo and Kevin Cass at Mississippi State.

Any one know if there will be any other recruits on campus this weekend?
sstaedtler liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
So there are 17 DBs on the current roster and 7 DB recruits for 2020. That means that 25% of the team will be DBs :dontgetit
I wonder if that means some on the roster now will not be come 1st game with VT while some will redshirt?!
Chippy wrote: January 29th, 2020, 9:25 pm So there are 17 DBs on the current roster and 7 DB recruits for 2020. That means that 25% of the team will be DBs :dontgetit
I wonder if that means some on the roster now will not be come 1st game with VT while some will redshirt?!

I believe even if a player red shirts, he will still be on roster. A redshirt can be taken off at any time.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: January 29th, 2020, 9:25 pm So there are 17 DBs on the current roster and 7 DB recruits for 2020. That means that 25% of the team will be DBs :dontgetit
Some of each. I can't imagine there will not be at least 2-3 who will transfer or otherwise not be back. You also have to figure that some of the FR will redshirt.
A couple of thoughts: 1.) Our defensive scheme calls for having more DB's on the roster, though I will admit that having 24 seems a bit much. 2.) We don't know about conversations between coach and player that could lead to transfer portal or a change of position like Aaron Pierre and Cheapell Jones Morris last year.

Something that is really exciting is of the 7 DB's in the 2020 class 6 are 3 stars. Of the 17 returners only 5 are 3 stars or better. Honestly though, Keitrel Clark should've been a 3 star with how well he played last year.
sstaedtler liked this
Liberty's recruiting class right now is rated 94th. Doesn't sound all that great, until you realize we were 135th last year, and that the P5 schools dominate over G5's in a massive way. Just for fun, I took this year's class and saw how we would rank in other G5 conferences in recruiting:

Sun Belt 5th out of 11 schools
Mountain West 2nd out of 13 schools
MAC 6th out of 13 schools
AAC 10th out of 13 schools
Conference USA 8th out of 15 schools

So I think as of right now, it is fair to say, Liberty's class in 2020 is equal to about the average G5 class. Not bad.
chris leedlelee liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
24?? Are you guys counting walk ons as well? I dont think the roster is up but i cant believe its 24 scholarships but maybe im wrong.

That area needed a big improvement. Most of the gill era guys remaining were scrubs save 3 or 4.
sstaedtler wrote: January 30th, 2020, 1:39 pm So I think as of right now, it is fair to say, Liberty's class in 2020 is equal to about the average G5 class. Not bad.
When you factor in Malik Willis and a four-star offensive tackle in Bryce Matthews, I would say our recruiting haul is more than satisfactory.
chris leedlelee wrote: January 30th, 2020, 3:14 pm
sstaedtler wrote: January 30th, 2020, 1:39 pm So I think as of right now, it is fair to say, Liberty's class in 2020 is equal to about the average G5 class. Not bad.
When you factor in Malik Willis and a four-star offensive tackle in Bryce Matthews, I would say our recruiting haul is more than satisfactory.
Tim Glass too
chris leedlelee liked this
I'm pretty confident that 2 of the 17 DBs with remaining eligibility from this year's roster are walk-ons, so 15 plus 7 newcomers = 22. I think we lose 2 scrubs to attrition, leaving us with 20, which I believe is a good number considering it encompasses 5 of the 11 positions on defense, plus DBs usually have a high utilization rate on special teams.
Risewithus liked this
So for fun, I added players in the class calculator on 247 that represent the same points as Bryce Matthews, Malik Willis, Tim Kidd-Glass and Anthony Butler. Thus, our recruiting points would be 167.10 which is good enough for 62nd in the country!

A few note-worthy teams that we would be ahead of are:

Boise State, Virginia Tech, Washington State, Arizona, Rutgers and Appy State just to name a few.
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: January 30th, 2020, 5:14 pm So for fun, I added players in the class calculator on 247 that represent the same points as Bryce Matthews, Malik Willis, Tim Kidd-Glass and Anthony Butler. Thus, our recruiting points would be 167.10 which is good enough for 62nd in the country!

Boise State, Virginia Tech, Washington State, Arizona, Rutgers and Appy State just to name a few.
That's pretty cool stuff, but I suspect some of those schools may also have a transfer or 2 who would bump up their score if they could include them.
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: January 30th, 2020, 5:14 pm So for fun, I added players in the class calculator on 247 that represent the same points as Bryce Matthews, Malik Willis, Tim Kidd-Glass and Anthony Butler. Thus, our recruiting points would be 167.10 which is good enough for 62nd in the country!

Compare it to finishing totals from previous seasons not current class. Most schools aren't done.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]