Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Thanks. That was my guess and thats not factoring in departures like irons beadles bradley and cunningham.

Does that target list look right from what your hearing. You have better/more sources than me.

I was 50/50 last week. Whiff on washington and hr on enoch howard ha.
According to twitter this evening we got another one in the trenches. Reported by Sam Gregg and this was after he tweeted about Will Buchanan. Two of our other staff members tweeted about another commitment tonight not named Will Buchanan.

My hope is it is Mason Bowers or Demetri Jordan (3 star Juco from Tyler Community College).
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
247 added him to the list. They are still missing Perkins who they have as a 3 star. Humes and May should also be at least 2 stars eventually if not 3 stars. Also i think Enoch Howard, Jordan Bradford & Sean Brown probably end up at 2 stars.

I ran the best case scenario (of players were aware of.

-Added Antonio Barber, Daniel Moyer, Lamaega Mcdowell, Michael Holmes, Christian Miller, Malcolm Britt, Rashad Whitehead, TaChawn Brooks Demond Arter & Mason Bowers. It bumped us up to 143 points with not giving any credit to Humes, May, Bradford & Howard along with several others like Maples and Taylor (who probably won't be rated. So assume they get a blend of 4 2 and 3 stars between them and we're probably in the 160 range which as of now would put us around 50. Obviously other classes will continue to fill up. Especially schools below the 50 mark as they add more commits.

Obviously we won't get all the guys above but i think we can get 2/3 of them plus some guys we don't know about like Hanibal. I think ceiling is probably 85ish and floor should be 105ish.
How do we get 247, ESPN, Rivals current on recruits? Anyone with ASOR or otherwise that can reach out to help with this? Little things like constantly updated recruiting lists on national databases truly go a long way in helping brand recognition.
I emailed them a little over a week ago and asked if they could add Karsen Perkins, Ashton Maples, D.J. Humes and Ben May to the list we have on their website. The last time I did this it took 24 hours but it has obviously been longer. A few of our guys are not on 247 like Louis Taylor, Enoch Howard and Jordan Bradford.
You have to remember that these guys are handling recruit information for all of the...what is it now...121 FBS programs? It takes time to get information from social media and other avenues for all these high school recruits and you're going to miss probably quite a few. Reaching out to them is a fair thing to do but some patience does need to be exercised in getting things up to date because of that human element to these sites
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the class breakdown. Im guessing that one open spot is for a barber or shipman if they can make a splash. If not they they redistribute to best player available.

Rb will interesting to watch as well with us only taking 1. Feels like mcdowell is odu lean and i think if moyer comes on 31st we may get him. However wilkins might commit sooner now that he has an official.

Manson have you got a list starter of known visits for the 31st?
These 5 recruits we know our staff is high on.

So, if you could only pick 2 who would it be:

1. Antonio Barber high 3 star WR .8721 - 247 ranking
2. Michael Holmes 3 star CB .8305 - 247 ranking
3. Malcolm Britt 3 star LB .8276 - 247 ranking
4.Demetri Jordan 3 star juco OL .8300 - 247 ranking
5. Rashad Whitehead 3 star DE .8527 - 247 ranking
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Im almost sure were not chasing britt as hard anymore. Manson echoed that.

I mentioned barber because were already full at wr but if he committed wed find room.

The rest mentioned we have open spots still.

2 d tackles is interesting. Not sure who were after beyond cam donald and bowers as possible swing.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Whitehead and holmes. Elite long db with 20 plus offers and elite long rangy pash rusher with 20 plus offers. I feel like we will get all the wrs we want in the future so if im limited i take those spots.
Ewglenn wrote: August 13th, 2019, 2:31 pm Perkins was added to our 247 listings today. We jumped up to 101 nationally now.
So doing the math, only considering recruits on 247.

Jolly is an ESPN 3*. Worth about 10 points on the low end. 16 on the high end.

Sean Brown, Ben May, and Ashton Maples are all 2* quality and should have around 7 points attributed to them.

Those adjustments would put our class around 105 points or ranked in the high 80s. Most of other school classes are full of ranked prospects, so it is a fair assessment at this point.

Adding Barber and Jordan( @LUalum12 ) would put us even with VT at this point in time.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
So now weve heard antonio barber, cam donald, mason bowers, and daniel moyer will all be here and i believe possibly christian miller as well.

Btw. Man donald is absolutely jacked as well. Compare him to pearson and mitchell in terms of body of high school dts weve went after.
If we were to impress and get verbals from AB, Bowers, Moyer, Donald, and Miller we would jump to a 122.17 247 score without even counting Enoch Howard, Cam Donald, or Louis Taylor. This would put us at #83 on 247, one spot behind VT. We'd be sitting in a good spot with 6 scholarships remaining.
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: August 20th, 2019, 9:46 am If we were to impress and get verbals from AB, Bowers, Moyer, Donald, and Miller we would jump to a 122.17 247 score without even counting Enoch Howard, Cam Donald, or Louis Taylor. This would put us at #83 on 247, one spot behind VT. We'd be sitting in a good spot with 6 scholarships remaining.
Just getting a 2* (7 point) rating on Brown, Maples, and May gets us to 107.16. The same on Howard, Donald, and Taylor gets us to 128.16. Good for #77 with the current class. Cracking the top 75 is likely our goal.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We’re not done. Expecting one more additio[…]

New Mexico State

Anyone have any idea why Yoder was pulled after 3 […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]