Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Wow. Lots of question marks there. This has been a turbulent last month or so.

Manson is the 4 u listed the only ones that the staff expects to possibly sign wednesday? Thought several of the other recent offers are probably being considered but they dont think they will have a decision by friday?

We did have a late surprise last year in dabney.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Imteresting. Feels like several of these kids like stephens and wyatt are holding our for more offers.

Several weird situatuons. I get courtas because of the acl he was gonna have to rs anyway.
By sstaedtler
A Sea of Red wrote: December 16th, 2019, 7:31 pm Fuster is a PWO, that's all we've ever reported. Never said he wasn't going to play in 2020. Johnson is DL.
Sorry, I misunderstood what a gray-shirt year was for Fuster. As far as Johnson, 225 pounds seems awfully light to be a defensive end - that is why I thought he might be a linebacker.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Doss is signing at 10 am. Looks like southern miss got his last visit and southern miss fans all in his mentions. Guessing hes going there. That final visit is tough. Would be a big hit or loss depending which way it goes.
jinxy wrote: December 17th, 2019, 9:21 am Doss is signing at 10 am. Looks like southern miss got his last visit and southern miss fans all in his mentions. Guessing hes going there. That final visit is tough. Would be a big hit or loss depending which way it goes.
I put my prediction for Doss in the rumor mill

https://www.aseaofred.com/running-rumor-mill/
jinxy liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I would be shocked if doss doesnt choose souther miss now. Tyshawn wyatt visiting jmu on the 17th now. Id still like to see us get back in on demond arter but seems like weve long moved on. Also cj beasley ended up at coastal after decommitting or being decomitted from vt. Wish we would have hopped back in on him.

Manson are we out on him and heath stephens or are they wanting to take more visits. If we end up only signing 19 or 20 were going to have some new faces coming around it seems.
Getting Bryce Matthews could be the icing on the cake for this class. Picking up Anthony Butler a linebacker from UNC-Charlotte was also a much needed addition. In regards to Gaberiel Fuster here are a few thoughts:

1. He plays in traditionally the power house of high school football in Virginia. So the competition he has played against has prepared him well for the next level.

2. The position he plays is one of our biggest needs going into next year, so he has an opportunity right out of the gate.

3. Him being a preferred walk on and being so pumped to compete and enroll early speaks volumes about his character and drive.

I am pulling hard for Fuster to excel and enjoy a great career at LU.
thepostman, LU 57, sstaedtler and 3 others liked this
Ewglenn wrote: January 8th, 2020, 2:43 pm I saw Da’Qon Stewart decommitted from USC yesterday. We offered at one point, any chance we are targeting him?

https://247sports.com/Player/DaQon-Stewart-46057881/
With the bulk of the class already brought in, Hugh can be highly selective with who he offers the final spots too. I'm thinking it is going to be JUCO and needs based for most of the remaining signees. However, I can see him pull a big recruit from one of the P5 schools at the last minute. Similar to how the Tayvion Land situation went down last year.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Hampton and ball state have since offered moore.

I still dont know exactly the impact of grad transfers to the 25 scholarship per class limit. If they count then we had 4 left with mike james and hobbs being committed taking 2 more. That would leave just 2 which sounds like moore is a huge target. Not sure if we made any ground with merrit. If they dont count then we have 3 more left.
So we have about 3 scholarship left since I am going to assume one will go to the JUCO TE who enrolled early. Hope two of the last three should go to defense for more depth and then the last schollie should go to whatever gem we can find. Random question, but is Probert still with us or is he graduating?
LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]

UTEP

Need a series win to clinch regular season title, […]