Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
From what ive seen most if not all are next week. I think they invited a lot of underclassmen today. There may be 1 or 2 that couldnt make it next week.

Its been tough sledding on figure who the jucos are that were in on. Tariq stewart would seem to be one along with durrell johnson and the lb that had 100 tackles that somebody posted about.

I think they pivoted to wyatt on offense so we may see only one juco ol. I think prunty is going to tech and i don't think anybody is recruiting barber anymore due to injury from his top 5. I heard a grey shirt type situation for him at nc state. Think he's probably a fall back option now due to his injury. Looking at his measurables and 40 time nothing really stood out. For a wr id prefer to at-least have plus height or speed to develop.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: November 30th, 2019, 11:58 am Pruntry is all Tech and the chances of a recruit recommitting after decommitting is slim to none.

If we can make a late push for Rejzohn Wright that's a win win but it's a up hill battle.
You may be right, but if he is "all" Tech, why no commitment at this point? Drama queen?
Decommitting and recommitting isn't common, but it does happen.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Heard some real positive things about a couple of the younger guys we brought in today. We are in big time on a kid that has offers from LSU and Alabama. He loves LU and the coaching staff. Comes from the best source there is. :)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: November 30th, 2019, 11:05 pm We are in big time on a kid that has offers from LSU and Alabama. He loves LU and the coaching staff. Comes from the best source there is.
Ballcoach, are your sources saying the same thing?
What are our RB's looking like for next year? Hixson was easily the best RB. Pickett and Mack have decent power but I really think we need more at RB next year. I guess Henderson? Who else do we have? Are we going to pick up anymore RB recruits?

Obviously, LB and D Line seem like biggest problems.
Josh Mack will be our lead dog next year with Pickett and Henderson splitting the other reps. Treon Sibley(transfer from Akron) and Frank Boyd are both behind them. I think we take 2 running backs in the next recruiting class as we are deeper at that position than most other positions. The other thing to think about is the recruiting pitch for the 2021 class which is, "come in and you could start immediately" or "you will get significant reps as the number 2 guy." HCHF has always had a 1-2 punch at running back.
Josh Mack and Pickett to me don't have the shiftiness, speed, or skills that Hixson has. Aren't they more straight ahead runners? As soon as Mack has to go sideways, he is ineffective. Now maybe Henderson, Sibley, or Boyd may be more explosive and can help take away some of the skills lost with Hixson.
By rtb72
I don't think Picket is as shifty...but he can be mack truck otherwise. Assuming we have a dual-threat QB next year, I think we will have a powerful running game with Mack and Picket returning along with our underclassmen.
sstaedtler wrote: December 1st, 2019, 1:26 am Josh Mack and Pickett to me don't have the shiftiness, speed, or skills that Hickson has. Aren't they more straight ahead runners? As soon as Mack has to go sideways, he is ineffective. Now maybe Henderson, Sibley, or Boyd may be more explosive and can help take away some of the skills lost with Hixson.
Mack is the most patient runner on the team. While Hickson could just burst through the smallest of holes, Mack will wait for the guard to pull and pull the horn as he drives through. Mack is probably limited to the quality of our line play. That's as much a knock on him as it is the line.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: December 1st, 2019, 1:19 am Josh Mack will be our lead dog next year with Pickett and Henderson splitting the other reps. Treon Sibley(transfer from Akron) and Frank Boyd are both behind them. I think we take 2 running backs in the next recruiting class as we are deeper at that position than most other positions. The other thing to think about is the recruiting pitch for the 2021 class which is, "come in and you could start immediately" or "you will get significant reps as the number 2 guy." HCHF has always had a 1-2 punch at running back.
Spot on. While we will miss Frankie, I think we'll be fine next year, but I really believe that with time to zero in on and develop relationships with high level RB prospects for 2021, HF will land a couple of real studs.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: November 30th, 2019, 11:05 pm Heard some real positive things about a couple of the younger guys we brought in today. We are in big time on a kid that has offers from LSU and Alabama. He loves LU and the coaching staff. Comes from the best source there is. :)
Can you tell us what position? (Even coaches are allowed to talk about a recruit's position and what state he is from.)
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: December 1st, 2019, 12:14 pm
flameshaw wrote: November 30th, 2019, 11:05 pm Heard some real positive things about a couple of the younger guys we brought in today. We are in big time on a kid that has offers from LSU and Alabama. He loves LU and the coaching staff. Comes from the best source there is. :)
Can you tell us what position? (Even coaches are allowed to talk about a recruit's position and what state he is from.)
He plays defense and is from Alabama. If he were to make his decision today, it would be LU 100%. He is still a couple of years away, so we will have to see. It was great to hear them talk about how great our facilities were and how much they loved the school. It wasn't their first time to visit the school. He has a sibling that is a current student.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like tim courtas tore his acl in his playoff game.

Freeze and most of the d staff visited the juco safety mclellam (may have spelled wrong)

Also visited 3 star db committ biggins.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]