Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Keep your eyes on 2 O-Lineman who just entered the Transfer Portal:

1. Bryce Matthews - (immediately eligible) from Ole Miss and was recruited by our WR receiver coach Maurice Harris during his time at Ole Miss.

2. Ryan Johnson - (immediately eligible) from Tennessee and was the high school teammate of Bryce Matthews.

Both of these guys will look to start right away for their 1 year of eligibility remaining and they could do that here!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: December 3rd, 2019, 11:24 am Keep your eyes on 2 O-Lineman who just entered the Transfer Portal:

1. Bryce Matthews - (immediately eligible) from Ole Miss and was recruited by our WR receiver coach Maurice Harris during his time at Ole Miss.

2. Ryan Johnson - (immediately eligible) from Tennessee and was the high school teammate of Bryce Matthews.

Both of these guys will look to start right away for their 1 year of eligibility remaining and they could do that here!
That's some great stuff!
In last 24 hours, 67 players from 36 FBS schools entered NCAA Transfer Portal.
Players by league:
B1G 11 (5 teams)
SB 10 (1 team)
SEC 10 (7 teams)
Big 12 9 (5 teams)
AAC 8 (4 teams)
C-USA 5 (5 teams)
MAC 5 (3 teams)
ACC 4 (3 teams)
Pac-12 2 (1 team)
Ind 2 (1 team)
MW 1 (1 team)

Hopefully we get some LB's and D lineman this upcoming weekend, but these transfers could prove interesting.
sstaedtler wrote: December 3rd, 2019, 12:38 pm In last 24 hours, 67 players from 36 FBS schools entered NCAA Transfer Portal.
Players by league:
B1G 11 (5 teams)
SB 10 (1 team)
SEC 10 (7 teams)
Big 12 9 (5 teams)
AAC 8 (4 teams)
C-USA 5 (5 teams)
MAC 5 (3 teams)
ACC 4 (3 teams)
Pac-12 2 (1 team)
Ind 2 (1 team)
MW 1 (1 team)

Hopefully we get some LB's and D lineman this upcoming weekend, but these transfers could prove interesting.
Maybe the string of decommitments from previous recruits had to do with our coaching staff looking to secure some of these players.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Have to say i was a bit surprised to see us after a juco wr. I guess we are super young outside with yarborough and frith as the likely starters. Ahmad jackson will push for pt immediately and coleman has experience. Still loaded at slot too with stubbs louis queen douglas and shaa though shaa can move outside some.

Louis taylor will be Ov on the 6th. I believe heath stephens will be as well.
I agree with you Jinxy, I thought a juco WR would not be in the cards but if I have learned one thing about this staff with a small sample of recruiting and the track record with Freeze and Maurice Harris is that they can recruit. So, if they are going after this Juco WR and it seems they are then I am all for it.

I did wonder with the pursuit of a juco WR does that mean redshirts for a few of the incoming WR's or are there some on the team who are disgruntled about PT and will transfer like a Khaleb Coleman or JT Wood or Sean Queen?
jinxy wrote: December 4th, 2019, 4:31 pm Several guys have virtually no shot at pt. Queen wood the db donaldson. Queen is a 2nd generation lu kid and i think both he and wood like lu but playing time isnt likely.
For a while there Queen was getting a snap here and there on kick coverage teams. He does have speed, but lately Burns has been using starters/regular rotation guys more for that. Those 3 have stood out to me as likely transfer portal candidates, but I don't think anyone will be "forced out", so it will probably be up to them. Next most likely IMHO, based on probable limited PT would be TE Mason Yost, DB Hunter Goetz and DT Elisha Mitchell. These are all scholarship players who are not likely to play much at all.
oldflame wrote: December 4th, 2019, 5:58 pm
jinxy wrote: December 4th, 2019, 4:31 pm Several guys have virtually no shot at pt. Queen wood the db donaldson. Queen is a 2nd generation lu kid and i think both he and wood like lu but playing time isnt likely.
For a while there Queen was getting a snap here and there on kick coverage teams. He does have speed, but lately Burns has been using starters/regular rotation guys more for that. Those 3 have stood out to me as likely transfer portal candidates, but I don't think anyone will be "forced out", so it will probably be up to them. Next most likely IMHO, based on probable limited PT would be TE Mason Yost, DB Hunter Goetz and DT Elisha Mitchell. These are all scholarship players who are not likely to play much at all.
I don’t know about Goetz. He was only a R-Fr this year and in that game vs Auburn last year he had three tackles in garbage time. I think his issue was putting weight and muscle on his frame. Coach Dom is his best bet at being his best.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Durrell johnson 3 star juco de will be here. Offers from south alabama and akron.

Tairiq stewart will be at toledo for his official. Would seem they are the favorite for him.

Hunley bruce johnson freeze and symons all visiting prunty tonight. Maybe were still alive there.

Visited will mitchum today as well. Intriguing 6”7 ol prospect who has gotten a ton of heat in last 3 weeks.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
We are currently ranked in the 90s, where do we end up with this recruiting class ? Do we have a chance at finishing top 80?

There are only 65 Power5 schools , so this means 30 G5 schools are out recruiting us more or less. Not factoring in Notredame and BYU and the like. If we are going to pay HCHF as a top G5 coach, id expect a top 70 recruiting class. Fair ?
R i wrote: December 5th, 2019, 4:21 pm We are currently ranked in the 90s, where do we end up with this recruiting class ? Do we have a chance at finishing top 80?

There are only 65 Power5 schools , so this means 30 G5 schools are out recruiting us more or less. Not factoring in Notredame and BYU and the like. If we are going to pay HCHF as a top G5 coach, id expect a top 70 recruiting class. Fair ?
I wouldn't expect that this class, but I wouldn't be surprised either. Next year I think that changes though. I think we are already aware we accepted some commitments too early this year.
According to 247 sports at this moment we are ranked 94th BUT, that does include 1 who decommitted(Cameron Hunter) and does not include 2 of our 3 stars(Deon Biggins & Aakil Washington). We must remember that we are getting an incoming former 3 star S in Tim Glass. So if you were to add his score plus Deon Biggins, Aakil Washington and get rid of Cameron Hunter then you would find that we would move from 94th to 82nd. Expect movement up the rankings over the weekend. I think we snag commitments from Tyshawn Wyatt(3 star), Jaivian Lofton(3 star) and who knows we may still get Karon Prunty which just adding these 3 would sky rocket us from 94th to 72nd.
Risewithus wrote: December 5th, 2019, 8:18 pm Thought we had the kid from st thomas aquinas LB DJ Humes?
Also Jerome Jolly. All 3 of our LB commits are 3 star players, but I'm pretty sure we are still after at least 1 JUCO transfer at the position to give us someone who is more likely to be able to step in and play immediatly. The staff really likes current FR Malik Capers, who is redshirting because we had experienced guys in Ajayi, Tillmon and Cozart. He is now reportedly 230, with the athleticism of a guy who was also a star RB in HS.
Risewithus wrote: December 5th, 2019, 8:43 pm Jolly is actually a SS. He is just freakish strong so his High school brought him down to cover the slot and flats while still shutting down the outside run. So he got listed as a Linebacker.
Sounds like he would fulfill the role of SPUR with us, similar to Elijah Benton.
chris leedlelee wrote: December 5th, 2019, 9:00 pm
Risewithus wrote: December 5th, 2019, 8:43 pm Jolly is actually a SS. He is just freakish strong so his High school brought him down to cover the slot and flats while still shutting down the outside run. So he got listed as a Linebacker.
Sounds like he would fulfill the role of SPUR with us, similar to Elijah Benton.
Basically, although that was Wimbo's terminology. I believe Symons calls it "Rover". Kidd-Glass, the transfer from NC State, will likely be the starter there next year, but since he will be a SR, we need to have someone lined up.
2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Sounds like you don't watch UVA play that much. I […]