Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The cherry on top of the sundae would be to land Bryce Matthews, the OL grad transfer from Ole Miss. Cherry #2 would be his HS buddy transferring from TN. Both 6'6" and about 300, with tons of P5 experience.
oldflame wrote: December 10th, 2019, 10:12 am The cherry on top of the sundae would be to land Bryce Matthews, the OL grad transfer from Ole Miss. Cherry #2 would be his HS buddy transferring from TN. Both 6'6" and about 300, with tons of P5 experience.
If we had two true P5 line prospects starting next year, I would have more faith in a winning record next year. A change at QB is always sketchy.

I really hope Glass can help us lock down our defense too. He could end up being a major component to our 2020 success.
Call me crazy, but I think our offense is going to be harder to prep for next year and score more points too. I am not saying we will get the same stats that Buck put up or AGG, but a mobile QB with the athleticism of Malik Willis is going to be electric!
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: December 10th, 2019, 10:19 am Call me crazy, but I think our offense is going to be harder to prep for next year and score more points too. I am not saying we will get the same stats that Buck put up or AGG, but a mobile QB with the athleticism of Malik Willis is going to be electric!
Agreed. Malik Willis will take the HCHF offense to the next level.
Kendrick Simpkins, a three star DB out of Montgomery, AL, has opened his recruitment after Kiffin left FAU. Hunley, Aldridge, and Freeze all follow him on Twitter. With us missing out on Prunty I wonder if we will try to scoop him up. Does anyone have a full breakdown of commits/transfers since 247 isnt really reliable. Do we still have a need for one more DB?
Would love to get at least one Interior DL and OL Grad Transfer along with another athlete in the secondary or a Tight End. Really wish Freeze and Co. would've hit up Central Alabama more this year. Strong area that spits out loads of prospects year in and year out. Players near me that I've enjoyed watching this year include:

Simpkins: 3 Star DB Montgomery, Lee
Lewis: 3 Star TE Montgomery, Lee
Thompson: 3 Star TE Prattville, PHS
Webster: 3 Star TE Prattville, Autauga Academy
Kramer: 3 Star QB Prattville, PHS
Jackson: 4 Star LB Prattville, PHS 2021
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Recent commit Marcus Haskins has played 2 years of football since finishing HS.

1 year in Division II ...................... 1st team All-American
1 year in Junior College ............... 1st team All-American

Now he has 2 years at Liberty to go for the trifecta!
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Hope we can close with the big boys.

Does anyone know if grad transfers count toward the 25 scholarship class limit or do they just take departing players schollies like mason cunningham logan beadles or emmanuel cater who all left before season. I know freeze put a few walkons on schollies like wolk but figured that was just this year.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Our secondary is going to be a massive strength. All those young guys will have another year then plug in glass treadwell haskins and rs biggins courtas and possibly jolly. Wow.

That group looks to be the best we have now honestly.

Hopefully we close the deal with wyatt and doss so we are atleast done on the o line as well in the early period.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Interesting note. We offered brian merritt again today. If that name sounds familiar its because he was down to us and fau and either chose fau last year or when elijah james committed night before signing day we had no room and somehow he ended up at a juco in miss.

Talented d tackle that would have 3 years eligibility. He had over 30 offers at one point last year. Houston appears to be going hard on him as well.
jinxy wrote: December 11th, 2019, 10:29 pm Interesting note. We offered brian merritt again today. If that name sounds familiar its because he was down to us and fau and either chose fau last year or when elijah james committed night before signing day we had no room and somehow he ended up at a juco in miss.

Talented d tackle that would have 3 years eligibility. He had over 30 offers at one point last year. Houston appears to be going hard on him as well.
We backed off Merritt at the last minute last year because of grades, that's why he ended up at JUCO.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Thx manson. Assuming grad transfers dont count toward 25.

Merritt. Doss. Wyatt. Mccullum. Butler and mathews would then be grad transfers.

Ahmad jackson interesting. Still out tweeting about how hes under recruited. Didnt come for the official as far as i know. That may be why we checked in on the juco wr.
Last edited by jinxy on December 12th, 2019, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Risewithus
My son was severely under recruited. But when you stay praying for direction, you end up where you are supposed to be. We were blown away by Liberty early and are excited. Couldn't ask for a better situation and college. Go Flames!
Anthony Butler Linebacker grad transfer from Charlotte and former 3 star hs recruit changed his twitter profile picture to his LU official visit picture in an LU jersey and then said, "on a mission".

It may not be official yet, but that is pretty official! Big get for us on the defensive side of the ball.
By Ewglenn
Risewithus wrote: December 12th, 2019, 10:02 am My son was severely under recruited. But when you stay praying for direction, you end up where you are supposed to be. We were blown away by Liberty early and are excited. Couldn't ask for a better situation and college. Go Flames!
I’m sure it’s been mentioned a million times but who is your son? I must have missed that one.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: December 12th, 2019, 1:31 pm Anthony Butler Linebacker grad transfer from Charlotte and former 3 star hs recruit changed his twitter profile picture to his LU official visit picture in an LU jersey and then said, "on a mission".

It may not be official yet, but that is pretty official! Big get for us on the defensive side of the ball.
Apparently he didn't play this year as he's not on the '19 roster.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

When you have a chance to pick up a talent like th[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]