Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

tyndal23 wrote:247 has a great article on Boise St ( yesterday or day before ). They hit 50th ranked class and set record for G5 class both on ranking and per player average ( 1st G5 to average 85 score or over ). They stated their long term success has been finding the right quality caliber guys year in and year out but this year just happened to be same qualities with a little better athletic ratings. They are the 1 G5 that has had consistency with longevity in coaching staffs and it shows. They have guys buying in who are 2 stars and performing like 4 stars for over a decade. Talent is important but culture and coaching are even more so. I couldn’t post link because it was locked but should be easy to find on 247 Sports.
So what you are telling me is winning more games over a period of time equals better recruiting. Aren’t you the one that prefers to load the schedule with P5’s?
Ewglenn wrote:
tyndal23 wrote:247 has a great article on Boise St ( yesterday or day before ). They hit 50th ranked class and set record for G5 class both on ranking and per player average ( 1st G5 to average 85 score or over ). They stated their long term success has been finding the right quality caliber guys year in and year out but this year just happened to be same qualities with a little better athletic ratings. They are the 1 G5 that has had consistency with longevity in coaching staffs and it shows. They have guys buying in who are 2 stars and performing like 4 stars for over a decade. Talent is important but culture and coaching are even more so. I couldn’t post link because it was locked but should be easy to find on 247 Sports.
So what you are telling me is winning more games over a period of time equals better recruiting. Aren’t you the one that prefers to load the schedule with P5’s?
Boise State played one true P5 team last year (OK State), plus one quasi-P5 in BYU.
Not at all what I am saying - they had a down year last year but the 15 year or so run they have had has little to do with star ratings. All of their coaches have had ties to Boise under Peterson and the culture didn’t change - rest of G5 has a revolving door of coaches and constant changes in philosophy. Which LU will also have that problem until we are P5 equivalent and at that point we will pay and retain HF caliber coaches long term and get P5 level players.
Oldflame, was Junior Day today, or someday in the future? :dontgetit
There also seemed to be more 2021 and even a few 2022 recruits on campus too.

High numbers are good for our exposure and I think if I was a kid being recruited by LU and I saw 147 other recruits on campus it would push me to potentially commit early to LU knowing there is someone else they are looking into at the same position as me.
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: I think if I was a kid being recruited by LU and I saw 147 other recruits on campus it would push me to potentially commit early to LU knowing there is someone else they are looking into at the same position as me.
The flip side is a kid could see all the other recruits and think we don’t really care about them and they’re just another number.

It’s an interesting strategy. It’s certainly different than we’ve tried before. To get where we want to go will require different thinking than the status quo, so I’m interested in how it plays out.
Jonathan Carone wrote:
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: I think if I was a kid being recruited by LU and I saw 147 other recruits on campus it would push me to potentially commit early to LU knowing there is someone else they are looking into at the same position as me.
The flip side is a kid could see all the other recruits and think we don’t really care about them and they’re just another number.

It’s an interesting strategy. It’s certainly different than we’ve tried before. To get where we want to go will require different thinking than the status quo, so I’m interested in how it plays out.
It’s a great strategy. You look around and see all those people around and think “Hey, there’s something going on here”. If there’s only 2 or 3 people you’re thinking “Hey there’s nothing going on here”
3 things. Haize is right. We havent and wont offer all the kids here. Finally the kids were really after the most...know it for sure.

There were some underclassmen too. What he is doing is incredible. He is making sure everyone in about a 3 state radius that is in the 2 to 4 star range know who we are and see the amazing facilities and growth.

Trust me. There was a much different feel there yesterday than any other games years past.
jinxy wrote:3 things. Haize is right. We havent and wont offer all the kids here. Finally the kids were really after the most...know it for sure.

There were some underclassmen too. What he is doing is incredible. He is making sure everyone in about a 3 state radius that is in the 2 to 4 star range know who we are and see the amazing facilities and growth.

Trust me. There was a much different feel there yesterday than any other games years past.
HF has no qualms about being open as to the different levels of interest we have. He has a seperate meeting with the "top recruits" and their families after the others finish.
jinxy wrote:3 things. Haize is right. We havent and wont offer all the kids here. Finally the kids were really after the most...know it for sure.

I felt this was an important point that needed emphasis :D
Did former HCTG ever use the Spring Game as a recruiting tool? I love how Coach Freeze is multitasking.
jinxy wrote:Dominic jennings fork union qb? Replacing cunningham?
He is a RB, not a QB. He recently retweeted this inspirational message from HF, but I don't see anything I would call a Commit. At this point, he would pretty much have to be a preferred walk-on.

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]