Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Few thoughts,

The staff landing tank land was massive. Even if he turns out to be overrated (which doesnt appear to be the case) he opened the eyes of a lot of the 757 guys and helped change the narrative on us. The staff has obviously been making inroads with the coaches in that area but land and clark really opened the door for Lu into the 757. Weve landed 5 or 6 and been deep into consideration on several others.

We will need to continue recruiting the top guys hard. Arizona is still sending whithead edits and auburn is still keeping tabs on him. When it gets late and p5s miss on some kids they will try to nab some of our top guys.

From everything i hear we are still all in on moyer and i think we still take miller or biggins (forgot his name 3 star cb from miss.).

Also still amazed some of you havent bought mansons subscription. There is a massive nugget in there since saturday recruiting wise.
chris leedlelee wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 5:55 pm
oldflame wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 4:59 pm Knowing that we have a commitment from a CB, which will almost certainly be revealed when Prunty announces tomorrow, this one confirms that the numbers we have been tracking don't indicate how many of our earlier commitments are scholarship players. My guess is 2 or 3 of them are PWOs.
It's awesome to see almost what seems to be a race to secure a spot in this class. Recruits knocking down the door trying to come here. Night and day difference from even just the previous year.
"We will crush it next year"
Hugh Freeze 2/6/19 (9:55 in)

Last edited by olldflame on October 3rd, 2019, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Enoch howard decommitted a week after encouraging fuster to commit. I believe we are officially recruiting over players. Louis taylor and chase mitchell better be on alert ha. Mtsu was also still after him
By LU 57
jinxy wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 8:52 pm Enoch howard decommitted a week after encouraging fuster to commit. I believe we are officially recruiting over players. Louis taylor and chase mitchell better be on alert ha. Mtsu was also still after him
So, are you saying our coaches are actively looking to upgrade existing commitments? I am sure this is commonplace in FBS but I am not sure I am entirely comfortable with it. I guess it all depends on how it is handled. For example, if a class is shaping up to the point where it can be seen that an early commitment is going to struggle to get on the field, he and his family deserve to know that.

That said, I was pretty upset with what Petrino did to that kid on the eve of signing day a few years ago. I trust our staff to never do anything like that.

Anyway, being in a position where 3-stars are scrambling to get on board is a great problem to have at this stage.
jinxy wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 8:52 pm Enoch howard decommitted a week after encouraging fuster to commit. I believe we are officially recruiting over players. Louis taylor and chase mitchell better be on alert ha. Mtsu was also still after him
I'm not a betting man, but if I were I would lay money that Taylor and Mitchell will both be on our roster next year as PWOs.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Its one of 2 things and only the kid and staff know. I also know were still pursuing demtri jordan as well on the oline. Just look on his twitter. I think we have too in our situation. We need as much talent as possible. Plus some p5s are gonna work some of our top guys bard right up to the 20th of december or whatever the date is this year.
Prunty headed to the mountain over a few FBS schools including Tennessee! Love his length! (was pretty much expected based on recent Twitter activity) Showed a UT shirt first and then took it off with a Flames shirt underneath.
6'2"??? Definitely looks like someone who could be a major asset right away against bigger receivers and even tight ends
jinxy wrote: October 4th, 2019, 1:12 pm Its one of 2 things and only the kid and staff know. I also know were still pursuing demtri jordan as well on the oline. Just look on his twitter. I think we have too in our situation. We need as much talent as possible. Plus some p5s are gonna work some of our top guys bard right up to the 20th of december or whatever the date is this year.
December 18th
We're the favorite for 3 star Wr Bryant Johnson Jr
"Of the three schools that offered me I would say that Liberty would be standing out and I had a great visit there earlier this year," Johnson Jr. admitted. "We are staying in touch and I really like everything about the school."

"I thought it was a great place and I liked it a lot," he added. "They told me I could play early as a freshman and they like me a lot. We talked about coming back for an official visit but nothing is scheduled yet."
https://247sports.com/Article/The-Winto ... 136386560/
Interesting to have two de-commits in such a short period. With our class being so full, and many others who may want to come to LU, I wonder if these de-commits are voluntary. Neither has outstanding offers elsewhere. Makes you wonder.....
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]