Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

This may have been posted somewhere else but Lamareon James decommitted from UNC over the weekend. It begs the question could Lincorey Lucas and Cameron Hunter persuade him to join them at LU. From his twitter it looked like he enjoyed himself during junior day here back in the spring. 247 has him 100% going to Va Tech, but the Hokies could find themselves in the same boat as UNC which is drowning and that could open the door wide open for us to seal the deal.

Imagine if we pick up both him and antonio barber to close this class up!
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: September 26th, 2019, 9:36 am This may have been posted somewhere else but Lamareon James decommitted from UNC over the weekend. It begs the question could Lincorey Lucas and Cameron Hunter persuade him to join them at LU. From his twitter it looked like he enjoyed himself during junior day here back in the spring. 247 has him 100% going to Va Tech, but the Hokies could find themselves in the same boat as UNC which is drowning and that could open the door wide open for us to seal the deal.

Imagine if we pick up both him and antonio barber to close this class up!
It was discussed just a few posts above yours.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
This is our 24th commit, so unless something changes (or it turns out 1 or more of the announced commitments is a PWO), that leaves just 1 scholarship, which I think we all are hoping will go to Antonio Barber. This could correspond with the roster move made last week, with Frank Boyd going back to RB after a brief trial at CB. We may in fact not sign a RB this class.
Last edited by olldflame on October 1st, 2019, 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
By tyndal23
Feels like we are overloaded on Slot Receivers and Defensive Ends - would love to see more D Tackles and LB’s. We lose Pickett and Hickson - what is the count on RB’s next year if we don’t sign one?
tyndal23 wrote: September 30th, 2019, 11:53 pm Feels like we are overloaded on Slot Receivers and Defensive Ends - would love to see more D Tackles and LB’s. We lose Pickett and Hickson - what is the count on RB’s next year if we don’t sign one?
Pickett has another year. We return 5 plus walkons.
Somewhat bizarre possibility that this could be the second straight year we do not sign a RB. Treon Sibley was recruited as a WR last year and moved to RB in Spring practice. Nonetheless, the numbers and talent are still there in a system where you pretty much never see a 2 back set. We also have Rashad Jenning's nephew (or maybe cousin?) Dominhic, who is a walk-on, and if we had a rash of injuries we have Malik Capers in the LB room, who was also a VERY good RB in HS.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
From what ive been told we are legit in on moyer and fuester still.

You guys also havent read mansons rumor mill. 1 big nugget in there and another that has a bit of issue that may open up one schollie.

I get the sense we are still open for business to upgrade on a select few players. I would stay in on christian miller as well personally. We need all talent we can get.
oldflame wrote: October 1st, 2019, 11:17 am Somewhat bizarre possibility that this could be the second straight year we do not sign a RB. Treon Sibley was recruited as a WR last year and moved to RB in Spring practice. Nonetheless, the numbers and talent are still there in a system where you pretty much never see a 2 back set. We also have Rashad Jenning's nephew (or maybe cousin?) Dominhic, who is a walk-on, and if we had a rash of injuries we have Malik Capers in the LB room, who was also a VERY good RB in HS.
Not to mention Henderson who was a three star RB. Pickett, Mack, and Henderson in the backfield next year doesn't sound bad whatsoever. Boyd was also a highly ranked recruit.
Let's assume we do get Prunty, Barber, and Moyer to finish out our class.

Without factoring in the following 6 recruits (due to no 247 profiles/transfers) Chase Mitchell, Tim Glass, Malik Willis, Louis Taylor, Enoch Howard, and Jordan Bradford we would have a total right now of 140.98, good for #73.

Also keep in mind this total has the following players as ZERO Star players despite other recruiting services listing them as 2-3 stars: Daniels, Maples, Buchanan, May, Humes, and Prunty.

It's very possible we end up with the #2 FBS Independent Class this year behind only ND.
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: October 1st, 2019, 1:59 pm Let's assume we do get Prunty, Barber, and Moyer to finish out our class.

Without factoring in the following 6 recruits (due to no 247 profiles/transfers) Chase Mitchell, Tim Glass, Malik Willis, Louis Taylor, Enoch Howard, and Jordan Bradford we would have a total right now of 140.98, good for #73.

Also keep in mind this total has the following players as ZERO Star players despite other recruiting services listing them as 2-3 stars: Daniels, Maples, Buchanan, May, Humes, and Prunty.

It's very possible we end up with the #2 FBS Independent Class this year behind only ND.
We aren't the only ones who don't have all their commits factored in. When everything is tabulated, a lot of other totals are going to go up too.
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: October 1st, 2019, 1:59 pm Let's assume we do get Prunty, Barber, and Moyer to finish out our class.

Based on DeArmon's tweet, we already have our CB, whether it's Prunty or someone else. If things are as they appear to be (I suspect they are not), that would leave one scholarship, with Barber probably the top priority and Moyer a nice backup plan if he goes elsewhere. I'm still hopeful there will end up being scholarships for both, and possibly one more.
Let's not forget about guys who commit as preferred walk-ons. There could be 1 or 2 of these guys already committed. The other unknown is that some of our current players who are buried on the depth chart may have already told HCHF they will transfer after the season. That could open up a few schollies.

I have a really good feeling about Antonio Barber and I have a sneaky suspicion about LaMareon James from Indian River HS who could be a major steal for us at DB. He is a teammate of two of our commits already(Lincorey Lucas & Cameron Hunter).

Daniel Moyer is probably a get for us and don't be surprised if Adrian Spellman 3 star DE from NC commits too. 247sports is predicting that. If true that indicates maybe a Jordan Bradford is a Preferred Walk-On. By the way, let's not forget Gabriel Fuster announces on Thursday as well. I had hoped we would get this kid since we offered him. Solid LB prospect and hard worker too.

All this to say, don't let the 24 commitments with only 1 more schollie to give fool you. Other things will happen when it is all said and done. Trust me.
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: October 1st, 2019, 4:41 pm Let's not forget about guys who commit as preferred walk-ons. There could be 1 or 2 of these guys already committed. The other unknown is that some of our current players who are buried on the depth chart may have already told HCHF they will transfer after the season. That could open up a few schollies.

I have a really good feeling about Antonio Barber and I have a sneaky suspicion about LaMareon James from Indian River HS who could be a major steal for us at DB. He is a teammate of two of our commits already(Lincorey Lucas & Cameron Hunter).

Daniel Moyer is probably a get for us and don't be surprised if Adrian Spellman 3 star DE from NC commits too. 247sports is predicting that. If true that indicates maybe a Jordan Bradford is a Preferred Walk-On. By the way, let's not forget Gabriel Fuster announces on Thursday as well. I had hoped we would get this kid since we offered him. Solid LB prospect and hard worker too.

All this to say, don't let the 24 commitments with only 1 more schollie to give fool you. Other things will happen when it is all said and done. Trust me.
Current players moving on only opens awarding scholarships to existing players. The NCAA cap is 25 per class. Add 4 years and some redshirts up and you're well over 100. But only 85 can be on scholarship at a time.

This tells me, we are anticipating serious attrition to stay under 85. We are expecting some, I would guess up to 4 decommitments to stay under 25.

I think it does show that we accepted a few guys too early that will hurt the class as a whole. Assuming every commitment we have is a scholie.
With the bar having been raised so much higher as to the talent level of recruit we are pursuing, I look at 2 or 3 of our early commitments who have no other offers and I'm reminded of this little blast from the past.

At this point I will be surprised (and a bit disappointed) if we do not find out that at least 1 or 2 of them are PWOs.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]