Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Right now with Gage added to our 247 total we are currently ranked 98th in the country. Using the class calculator and adding are highest remaining targets per Manson's information we could potentially reach the low 150s for total points. To put this into perspective if we reach the 140 to 150s range of points on 247 that is only 30 to 40 points shy of our last 2 recruiting classes combined! Right now we are already 3 points shy of our total points from last year and I am willing to bet that we surpass that by the end of the month.
By tyndal23
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: September 6th, 2019, 2:28 pm Right now with Gage added to our 247 total we are currently ranked 98th in the country. Using the class calculator and adding are highest remaining targets per Manson's information we could potentially reach the low 150s for total points. To put this into perspective if we reach the 140 to 150s range of points on 247 that is only 30 to 40 points shy of our last 2 recruiting classes combined! Right now we are already 3 points shy of our total points from last year and I am willing to bet that we surpass that by the end of the month.
Go ahead and count Mason Bowers and see where that puts us :)
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: September 6th, 2019, 4:50 pm 3-star Mason Bowers is the 20th commit in the class of 2020

https://www.aseaofred.com/3-star-ol-mas ... -in-class/
Of all the big guys we offered, I think Mason may have the most upside. His agility for a kid his size is special. It seems he is being projected at Tackle on offense, but I think after redshirting his FR year he could step into Sargeant's shoes and be another 4 year starter at Center.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
May should be a 3 star. Howard, daniels, buchannan 2 stars. Taylor and mitchell have no offers so i cant imagine how they could be rated any higher. Bradford is a toss up but should at least be a 2 for certain probably even a 3.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I dont think weve been pursuing him for a while now. Could be wrong. Whitehead is a massive massive pickup.

Manson you posted an article so do you think were still pursuing him? No visit on gameday havent been sending him edits..3 lbs already. Im curious. I would actually still probably take him but it doesnt seem like were in on him from what i see and hear.
Last edited by jinxy on September 15th, 2019, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
With 4 spots left we will be very very selective i would think. We know moyer is the rb of choice and were the favorite. Were also in the drivers seat on cam donald. That leaves 2 spots for a db for sure (prunty, miller or holmes) and then the flex spot for barber jalen tate or britt maybe?

After watching this year im all in on barber. Not sure what we have behind agg and shaa outside. Hopefully frith coleman and yarborough can make an impact at some point.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote: September 15th, 2019, 5:50 pm With 4 spots left we will be very very selective i would think. We know moyer is the rb of choice and were the favorite. Were also in the drivers seat on cam donald. That leaves 2 spots for a db for sure (prunty, miller or holmes) and then the flex spot for barber jalen tate or britt maybe?

After watching this year im all in on barber. Not sure what we have behind agg and shaa outside. Hopefully frith coleman and yarborough can make an impact at some point.
I'm looking forward to getting Frith on the field. He had a great Spring and Fall camp before getting hurt and had won the starting job opposite AGG hands down. He's obviously not as powerful, but otherwise brings a lot of the same things to the table. 6'4" with good if not great speed and a 38" vertical.
thepostman wrote: September 15th, 2019, 8:35 pm
Class of 20Something wrote: September 15th, 2019, 3:11 pm With Whitehead added, and adding Bassham because 247 still hasn't, puts us at #87 so far.

Them fixing a few underrated, we should be top 75 for sure.
That is crazy man
Sitting at 11 three stars right now.

Toying with 247. only counting eggs that have hatched.

I have figured out that 247 has a pretty intricate algorithm and that the points don't add.
Each recruit is weighted in the rankings according to a Gaussian distribution formula (a bell curve), where a team's best recruit is worth the most points. You can think of a team's point score as being the sum of ratings of all the team's commits where the best recruit is worth 100% of his rating value, the second best recruit is worth nearly 100% of his rating value, down to the last recruit who is worth a small fraction of his rating value. This formula ensures that all commits contribute at least some value to the team's score without heavily rewarding teams that have several more commitments than others.
By LUDad
oldflame wrote: September 15th, 2019, 10:02 pm
jinxy wrote: September 15th, 2019, 5:50 pm With 4 spots left we will be very very selective i would think. We know moyer is the rb of choice and were the favorite. Were also in the drivers seat on cam donald. That leaves 2 spots for a db for sure (prunty, miller or holmes) and then the flex spot for barber jalen tate or britt maybe?

I'm looking forward to getting Frith on the field. He had a great Spring and Fall camp before getting hurt and had won the starting job opposite AGG hands down. He's obviously not as powerful, but otherwise brings a lot of the same things to the table. 6'4" with good if not great speed and a 38" vertical.
What was his injury? I noticed at the game that he was wearing a boot.
I don’t think Jolly believe that his spot is threatened. He seem to be really good so far in the season so I’m guessing he’s expecting one or two P5 programs that could be interested. Of course I can be wrong on this.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]