Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: September 17th, 2019, 8:22 am

We dodged a bullet IMO

"You're not playing for the name on the front, it's all about the name on the back."

ODU can have that attitude.
Good catch on that remark. When I listened to it the first time, I automatically reversed it in my mind, because that's what you expect to hear. That video is way too big a production for an undersized mid 3 star LB who is going to play for a mediocre-at-best G5 team. All about ME and what I did, with not ONE WORD of credit or thanks for coaches, family, or anyone else who helped along the way. Would I be saying this if he had decided to come to Liberty? I guess we will never know, but I would hope so. 8)
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: September 17th, 2019, 11:56 am I can't blame him for blocking a random dude who doesn't follow anybody except the school he didn't choose coming to his post pooping on his announcement.
You are calling that video an "announcement?" After 3 minutes of ME,ME,ME, he gives about 3 seconds at the end to ODU. Not sure how relevant it is who else I do or don't follow on Twitter. Would it have been OK if I had a "Blue Checkmark?" I stand by what I said. If Bobby Wilder is half the man I think he is, Malcolm will hear about the video, and I would not be surprised to see it taken down. Would you want to have to coach a player who is on public record as saying "me before team?"
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I think I should clarify that my comments apply ONLY TO THE VIDEO. I obviously don't know Malcolm, and he has clearly worked really hard on and off the field and has a lot things to be proud of.
By Jonathan Carone
It wouldn't be okay for anyone - blue checkmark or not - who didn't have a relationship with the kid to come on his Twitter and tell him how terrible he is for creating a video that's focused on himself. It's his day on his profile. Let him be a kid and let the people in his life tell him it's out of bounds if they feel it is.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
95 percent sure we stopped pushing for him when howard committed. Im not sure anybody was still after him but odu. Yes the video was ridiculous. Not our problem though.

I think jolly got a call from the staff today.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
My reply to Malcolm's tweet was about what was said (and not said) in the video. Everything that I said was accurate. I double checked to be sure. The fact that you are a recruit or even that you are young does not mean that you can post whatever ridiculous nonsense you want on Twitter and not be called on it. I've seen a bunch of commitment announcements over the years, all of them by kids his age. Not one of them was as self-important or wrong-headed as this. Most contain a heavy dose of humility and gratitude.

I think it's also interesting to note that video as highly produced as that, which included, among other things, what appeared to be drone shots, does not come cheap. I wonder who paid for it?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: September 17th, 2019, 7:37 pm This is not stuff that makes our fan base look very good to potential recruits.

Plus, he is still a kid!
Despite being "kids", I give potential recruits more credit than that. I bet a lot of them would agree with me. I suspect his HS coach is not very happy about it either.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
11 hours after the video (and almost immediately after my reply to it) Malcolm tweets this:

Better late than never.

BTW, I am no longer blocked from his twitter. I'm not foolish enough to think my "lecture" had anything to do with this, but it looks like somebody else may have pointed out some of the same things..
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]