Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By cruzan_flame13
thepostman wrote:I am super confused by all of this...
If this wasn't true, I believe coach Freeze would've already clarify this to the young man and to the rest of us by now. Not saying ASOR is off, but someone has received some fragmented information.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
How could they shut it down? They cant comment publically and they arent the twitter police. Manson wouldnt say it unless it was on good authority.

I may be connecting too many dots but was he the other guy on campus this weekens that manson mentioned we werent really recruiting.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Def not out of schollies. They just brought 7 uncommittrd kids with offers last week and there are at lesst 2 coming this weekend. Probably more.
Out of scholarships was probably a bad way to put it. I'm sure we have a few schollies left that are not committed, but I'm thinking that they are targeted at certain players and/or positions, thus not available for this kid.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:How could they shut it down? They cant comment publically and they arent the twitter police. Manson wouldnt say it unless it was on good authority.

I may be connecting too many dots but was he the other guy on campus this weekens that manson mentioned we werent really recruiting.
I think you may have hit on something there.
By tyndal23
Starting to make sense now, Senior year stats almost non existent. Looks like he lost at least 3 tenths off his 40 after putting on bulk - huge diffference between his jr and sr year highlights - could get his speed back with the right training staff. Max Preps has his 2018 highlights.
By CCWMichael
Ewglenn wrote:Did they offer him a PWO spot?
Maybe this kid really does want Liberty and his drop in performance devalued him to PWO.
Given we are now trying to build bigger ....
He is small which does not help his case.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
There is zero reason to doubt Manson or his sources in regards to the fact that we are not recruiting Terry. It also doesn't take much dot-connecting to surmise that this is the player who apparently showed up on campus for a visit last weekend in spite of that, which matches the timetable of his beginning to tweet as if he were a part of the team. There are all sorts of things we could speculate, but I want to be fair to Terry, and let's face it, it's not at all unlikely that he is reading this. It's very possible that he has simply decided he wants to be a part of this football program and is planning to enroll in the Fall. and like hundreds of athletes across the country every year, take a shot at a walk-on spot in open tryouts. I love his enthusiasm and wish him nothing but the best.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:There is zero reason to doubt Manson or his sources in regards to the fact that we are not recruiting Terry. It also doesn't take much dot-connecting to surmise that this is the player who apparently showed up on campus for a visit last weekend in spite of that, which matches the timetable of his beginning to tweet as if he were a part of the team. There are all sorts of things we could speculate, but I want to be fair to Terry, and let's face it, it's not at all unlikely that he is reading this. It's very possible that he has simply decided he wants to be a part of this football program and is planning to enroll in the Fall. and like hundreds of athletes across the country every year, take a shot at a walk-on spot in open tryouts. I love his enthusiasm and wish him nothing but the best.
Well said oldflame. I was kind of thinking the same thing.
By Ewglenn
Kricket wrote:
oldflame wrote:There is zero reason to doubt Manson or his sources in regards to the fact that we are not recruiting Terry. It also doesn't take much dot-connecting to surmise that this is the player who apparently showed up on campus for a visit last weekend in spite of that, which matches the timetable of his beginning to tweet as if he were a part of the team. There are all sorts of things we could speculate, but I want to be fair to Terry, and let's face it, it's not at all unlikely that he is reading this. It's very possible that he has simply decided he wants to be a part of this football program and is planning to enroll in the Fall. and like hundreds of athletes across the country every year, take a shot at a walk-on spot in open tryouts. I love his enthusiasm and wish him nothing but the best.
Well said oldflame. I was kind of thinking the same thing.
I guess this is what I was getting at not necessarily a PWO. If we can get a kid to come here, that’s a 2* recruit, with no guarantee that he could even be on the team would be huge. That shows that we are moving on up. Either way, this will be interesting to see what happens.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Received an offer from Arkansas?

Pretty clear from the wording that is not a scholarship offer. The "opportunity" is probably a PWO spot, which makes sense. He supposedly had a similar offer from Bama, but if he is paying his own way, in state tuition is generally a LOT more affordable.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]