Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By CCWMichael
Class of 20Something wrote:This is what I think February signing day looks like for us. I think HCHF is going to shock y'all with a class of 3* players. Bold prediction: one will flip to us from a commitment.
I'll have a drink of that! :cheerleader
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
:koolaid This is the strong stuff that Ballcoach drinks and makes him feel like this. :pbjtime :woohoo
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
This guy is disruptive interior presence. I'm not sure we've had anybody quite like him yet. I think some of the young guys can be. Huge huge get.

The defensive line is going to be a problem for anybody our level
Last edited by jinxy on May 20th, 2020, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tyndal23 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: May 20th, 2020, 2:00 pm I hope LU has a larger shirt for him than “7”
I bet Asa's shirt would fit him.
I had a chance to speak with Rod Smith, Merritt's position coach at Mississippi Gulf Coast. He said Liberty is getting a hard worker, and he's expecting Merritt to make a big step as a sophomore.

“Once he was confident to where he’s like, ‘I get it. I get it now,’ I couldn’t hold him back."

https://www.newsadvance.com/sports/coll ... f5edb.html
PAmedic, tyndal23, Sly Fox and 1 others liked this
By tyndal23
Really like his tape and what jumped out at me before I saw Coaches quote was a real knack for finding the ball in traffic. He gets very low when he sees its a run, spreads his feet and takes up a lot of room while disengaging from blocker and making a tackle ( which is the hard part ). Oddly his stance seems high on pass rush. Has a little Warren Sapp in him.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 10:27 pm Two sources say he will be our best D lineman ever.
Keep up the good work, Ballcoach! :clapping Purple probably missed the fine print that Merritt was offered a scholarship to that little yellow school in Morgantown.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 9:08 am
ballcoach15 wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 10:27 pm Two sources say he will be our best D lineman ever.
Keep up the good work, Ballcoach! :clapping Purple probably missed the fine print that Merritt was offered a scholarship to that little yellow school in Morgantown.
I didn’t read the article. And we are not exactly known for our defense!

EDIT —- You’re Fake News Cider. You were looking at his HS recruitment not now
“ Merritt announced Tuesday he will transfer to Liberty following the conclusion of the 2020 season, his sophomore year at Mississippi Gulf Coast. He became the second verbal commitment in the recruiting class of 2021 when he picked the Flames over reported offers from Houston, Troy, South Alabama and UTSA, according to the recruiting websites 247 Sports and Rivals.”
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I love it when I can get WVU guys to READ. Study Purple, this news is still TRUE, even though it was a year ago. Aren't at least 2 or 3 of those P5 schools? :football
Merritt was a three-star prospect coming out of Colquitt County High School in Moultrie, Georgia, and held offers from programs such as Liberty, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, FAU, Georgia State, West Virginia, South Alabama, Tulane and UAB
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 12:01 pm I love it when I can get WVU guys to READ. Study Purple, this news is still TRUE, even though it was a year ago. Aren't at least 2 or 3 of those P5 schools? :football
Merritt was a three-star prospect coming out of Colquitt County High School in Moultrie, Georgia, and held offers from programs such as Liberty, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, FAU, Georgia State, West Virginia, South Alabama, Tulane and UAB
But he didn’t have them this year, did he? The news WAS true. Most recently it was NOT true. Always living in the past Cider. Always living in the past....
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 12:01 pm I love it when I can get WVU guys to READ. Study Purple, this news is still TRUE, even though it was a year ago. Aren't at least 2 or 3 of those P5 schools? :football
Listed WVU twice. I refuse to acknowledge Pitt.
Purple Haize liked this
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]