Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By CCWMichael
I also posted this in next years defense in reply to a statement by our oracle ballcoach15.

Our D-line did improve over the year. We do have some studs that came in this year and flashed some serious ball hawking skills.
Ajayi -- could be a solid linebacker in a position that is key in the nickle.
Lemonier --- wow ---- big potential
Lewis -- He shows good flashes. frankly, great for a freshman. I really think he will mature and come to this year.

Predicting starters. Man, new sheriff in town. I agree with a prior poster rotations may be the new us in the Wimbo defensive scheme.
I see you perform you stay on the field ... otherwise it is next man up. No matter O or D.
Best man that moment is a go.
side note ... I hope the silly personal fouls come to an end.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Chippy wrote:No mention of Troy Henderson. He redshirted this year and was a 3 star RB coming out of HS.
Maybe being placed in another position? Maybe??
He´s a speed back who in some systems would be a 3rd down guy. Freeze tends to go 4 wide in those situations. 3 stars or not, he will have to really show something in the next several month to get snaps at RB.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:No mention of Troy Henderson. He redshirted this year and was a 3 star RB coming out of HS.
That is an unintended consequence of depth at a given position, but he will have his chance to show himself in spring ball
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Old flame I yield to your age.....I mean sage recollection
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Despite limited carries, I thought Boyd may have been our best RB.
Kind of like when Sam Gaddo was our 4th string running back during the Karcher era, and then Sam was playing on Sundays the next year for the Packers! :shock:
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Someone help me with the name of the RB who played sparingly this year but when he did play he did well. I can’t remember. But he was good. What’s his deal?
Pickett? Pickett needs to be used like Marion Barber originally was for the Cowboys. 3rd Down/4th Quarter.

We could realistically give the rock to a different guy every quarter and have fresh legs all game.
I want to say that was the guy. I just remember he came in one game and went off then......crickets. Then came in another game. Same thing. I commented on it at the time.
I don’t think it was Boyd
It was Kentory Matthews
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
No. This year Matthews was the starter til he got hurt. You could have said that about him the year before, when he was a spark for the offense, but landed in the doghouse over a fumble or 2.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:No. This year Matthews was the starter til he got hurt. You could have said that about him the year before, when he was a spark for the offense, but landed in the doghouse over a fumble or 2.
I think you were right it was Boyd.
By CCWMichael
Purple Haize wrote:
oldflame wrote:No. This year Matthews was the starter til he got hurt. You could have said that about him the year before, when he was a spark for the offense, but landed in the doghouse over a fumble or 2.

I would go with Boyd. YPC were great but for against Auburn. But as a freshman I think he played in 5 games this year :dontgetit
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

I would go with Boyd. YPC were great but for against Auburn. But as a freshman I think he played in 5 games this year :dontgetit
Not really a head scratcher. He used his redshirt in 2017. 8)
By CCWMichael
[quote

I would go with Boyd. YPC were great but for against Auburn. But as a freshman I think he played in 5 games this year :dontgetit[/quote]

Not really a head scratcher. He used his redshirt in 2017. 8)[/quote]

That splains it ..... thanks
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:OK, I will be the first to throw out a complete offensive starting lineup. Tons of speculation here, but that´s what fan forums are for, right?

OL is the possibly the hardest position for a young player to adjust to the college game, so I´m going to go with a veteren lineup.

LT Cooper McCaw
LG Ethan Crawford
C Thomas Sargent
RG D'onte Duff
RT Tristen Schultz
A lot of talent in that redshirt FR group, so one or more could certainly win a job in Spring Practice.

QB Buckshot
I know he isn't a perfect fit for Freeze's system, but I just don't see anyone beating him out.

RB Josh Mack
Probably our deepest position, and Frankie had a terrific year, but I'm hearing that Josh has emerged as the leader in the room, and what he did at Maine speaks for itself.

WR1 AGG
No brainer.

Slot receiver BJ Stubbs
Maybe not as explosive as Louis or Douglas, but he´s experienced and productive and as a former HS QB, he may be able to do some things that will make up for Buckshot´s limitations without taking him out of the lineup.

TE Johnnie Huntley
He´s a WR in a TE's body right now. If other WRs emerge, as I believe they will, he can be an awesome TE with WR speed and skills.

WR2 ?????????????
If Hunton ends up at TE as I am speculating, this will be a wide open competition. I´ll go with
CJ Yarborough (but it could be any one of about 4 or 5 guys).
And it is now official. Huntley has been moved to TE.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
To add to the fun:

Offense:
LT - Maisen Knight
LG - Henry CHibueze
C - Thomas Sargeant
RG - Dontae Duff
RT - Tristan Schultz
TE - Johnny Huntley
WR1 - AGG
WR2 - D.J. Stubbs