Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Highly unlikely we get 3 3 star lineman with lookabaugh gone. Also unlikely they give douglas or clark 3 stars.

More likely. Give clark and douglas 2 stars. Reed buys commis and gets 2 stars. Add the 3 star rb that is visiting. Then add 2 to 3 juco ol and dl combined. Houston or nixon and then were done.

Put us in 110 to 115 range.

Positive to me is it felt like we won more recruiting battles this year. Still plenty of improvement to be made but 7 or 8 of these kids didnt just have offers. They had multiple fbs teams pursuing.

Key fact that gets overlooked. Most of the time offers are no longer open. We stopped pursuing christian harris and norman from what ive heard. The 3 star rb coming in. Would be great add but fsu has offered but they arent pursuing him right now. Others are. What it does say is the kid has acc sec level talent in that situation. But to get too caught up in what 247 says is wasting time. As oldflame mentioned they are so accurate that they have 6 commits ha.

We just need to keep winning battles and raising the talent and character level of the program. The school is starting to sell itself. Freeze made that clear. Now with a big time coach ane recruiter next year could be special if we can add the right DC both on field and in recruiting.
By tyndal23
Skill guys are dime a dozen - Good D Tackles are tough for even P5 non SEC teams to find anymore. This is where Hugh hopefully can really make a difference in bridging our talent level gap against the P5 teams we play. Our D Line held up much nicer than expected last year and our O Line was very good for 1st year FBS. I really think HF can coach this 2019 squad to a high level of success IF we get our secondary playing anywhere near average and it appears we have a lot of help coming in. 2020 class is going to be the challenge and a big key to LU Program for a half decade regardless of HF being there to coach them or not.
By CCWMichael
jinxy wrote:Highly unlikely we get 3 3 star lineman with lookabaugh gone. Also unlikely they give douglas or clark 3 stars.

More likely. Give clark and douglas 2 stars. Reed buys commis and gets 2 stars. Add the 3 star rb that is visiting. Then add 2 to 3 juco ol and dl combined. Houston or nixon and then were done.

Put us in 110 to 115 range.

Positive to me is it felt like we won more recruiting battles this year. Still plenty of improvement to be made but 7 or 8 of these kids didnt just have offers. They had multiple fbs teams pursuing.

Key fact that gets overlooked. Most of the time offers are no longer open. We stopped pursuing christian harris and norman from what ive heard. The 3 star rb coming in. Would be great add but fsu has offered but they arent pursuing him right now. Others are. What it does say is the kid has acc sec level talent in that situation. But to get too caught up in what 247 says is wasting time. As oldflame mentioned they are so accurate that they have 6 commits ha.

We just need to keep winning battles and raising the talent and character level of the program. The school is starting to sell itself. Freeze made that clear. Now with a big time coach ane recruiter next year could be special if we can add the right DC both on field and in recruiting.
Hugh have to have faith. It will be tough this year as the Freeze started late (OBTW, he is good at recruiting) but next year I am sure we will be drawing.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ODU picked up 6 - 3 star and 14 - 2 star recruits. That's the 9th best recruiting class in the CUSA. Hopefully in the next year or two we can get under 100.
By cruzan_flame13
Chippy wrote:ODU picked up 6 - 3 star and 14 - 2 star recruits. That's the 9th best recruiting class in the CUSA. Hopefully in the next year or two we can get under 100.
I believe we will and it’s hard for us compared to ODU since we have a bitter taste that the media have portrayed our school to be. With Freeze/staff and the winning seasons, more kids will be interested and take in the vision of the program and school.
One of my big takeaways from the presser yesterday was that families bought into the mission. I don't think it will be that hard to find a class of 20 3* recruits that buy into the mission once the Athletic product matches. I think the mission of the school will be an asset not a hindrance. It seems like HCHF was noticing that. If Turner Gill could find four of them, HCHF can find fifteen.

That will take a few years, but I'm glad knowing the mission of the school isnt second fiddle. Perhaps the parents could keep HCHF in check on that too.
By CCWMichael
ballcoach15 wrote:I don't like any comparison of LU and ODU, whether warranted or not. I only place ODU slightly above Radford and Longwood.
The word according to ballcoach15 BC 12:20
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Have a minor controversy going on down in ECU country:

Taylor was Henry Chibuze's teammate at Woodbridge. The coach at Woodbridge also Retweet a Kyle DeArmon post from midnight about HCHF wanting the best talent here.
By cruzan_flame13
Class of 20Something wrote:

Taylor was Henry Chibuze's teammate at Woodbridge. The coach at Woodbridge also Retweet a Kyle DeArmon post from midnight about HCHF wanting the best talent here.
I remember when my high school use to destroy them in football back in the day. Now they’re creating established prospects. It would be nice to grab this guy if possible; they’re good players in the NoVA/D.C. area.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts

So can I surmise that you are thinking Taylor may have decided not to sign with ECU in the early period because we came in late? Now that we have signed Dabney, I´m thinking a 4th CB in this class is unlikely. That would not bode well for Houston either. Snooze you lose, so they say.

I have to say that Kyle DeArmon is certainly not acting like someone who is on his way out the door. If he is, the way he has busted his butt to recruit this class will be a huge plus in looking for another job.
oldflame wrote:

So can I surmise that you are thinking Taylor may have decided not to sign with ECU in the early period because we came in late? Now that we have signed Dabney, I´m thinking a 4th CB in this class is unlikely. That would not bode well for Houston either. Snooze you lose, so they say.

I have to say that Kyle DeArmon is certainly not acting like someone who is on his way out the door. If he is, the way he has busted his butt to recruit this class will be a huge plus in looking for another job.
ECU got sketched by his wanting to delay until February and rescinded the offer. Since then, his coach has RT Kyle.

I'm not implying causation, but more opportunity. And the appearance that their head coach, that has a 5* on his roster, is a major influence in Taylors life and has had LU on the mind very recently.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
That 5 star 2020 recruit is LB Antoine Sampah, who is the player who retweeted Taylor in the link above. He has withdrawn his offer from ECU (not that they had any chance to sign him). He also just happens to be of Polynesian descent. 8) Everybody who is anybody in P5 football has offered him.

I sense an offer coming, with coach BA heading up the charge.
oldflame wrote:That 5 star 2020 recruit is LB Antoine Sampah, who just happens to be of Polynesian descent. 8) Everybody who is anybody in P5 football has offered him.

If he commit we may as well book the hotel for the NCAA investigators. Worth it though.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:That 5 star 2020 recruit is LB Antoine Sampah, who just happens to be of Polynesian descent. 8) Everybody who is anybody in P5 football has offered him.

If he commit we may as well book the hotel for the NCAA investigators. Worth it though.
Ballcoach and his Burger King bag will have to lay low for a while. :wink:
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts

Now why would you make an assumption like that?
By BlueBlood
oldflame wrote:
Now that we have signed Dabney, I´m thinking a 4th CB in this class is unlikely. That would not bode well for Houston either. Snooze you lose, so they say.
Lots of WRs, DBs and ATHs in this class so far. Need some bigger boys at some point.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote:
oldflame wrote:
Now that we have signed Dabney, I´m thinking a 4th CB in this class is unlikely. That would not bode well for Houston either. Snooze you lose, so they say.
Lots of WRs, DBs and ATHs in this class so far. Need some bigger boys at some point.
HF emphasized in the presser that the focus for the late signing period wil be on the OL and DL. We only graduated 1 starting OL, and redshirted all 5 of the guys we signed last year, so the cupboard is not bare. I think a couple more interior DL and maybe one more DE will put us in good shape.
oldflame wrote:
HF emphasized in the presser that the focus for the late signing period wil be on the OL and DL. We only graduated 1 starting OL, and redshirted all 5 of the guys we signed last year, so the cupboard is not bare. I think a couple more interior DL and maybe one more DE will put us in good shape.
HCHF thinks the cupboard is bare though for good reason.
Damien wrote:Freeze said his philosophy is to carry 15 offensive linemen and 16 defensive linemen.

With nine defensive linemen on scholarship now, “that’s an area of need,” according to Freeze. The Flames added four linemen Wednesday and will need to add another three to get to 16.

There were no offensive linemen signed Wednesday, but the Flames only lost three linemen to graduation and return seven of the top 10 linemen, with five talented freshmen ready to play this upcoming season.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The cupboard status remark was re the OL, and we do have 14 returning (including 2 walkons), and almost all of the top guys are back. I doubt the 15 number is etched in stone, since in any given year (barring a rash of injuries) 10 or less will see meaningful snaps. I see us adding 1 or 2 there (focusing on someone to compete with Cooper McCaw for the LT position) and 2 to 4 on the defensive side.

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]