Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach will be happy to see that LU is recruiting and SIGNING local players. :clapping
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
while slightly different skillset, the fact that he's a long jump champion tells me he won't lose many jump balls
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:while slightly different skillset, the fact that he's a long jump champion tells me he won't lose many jump balls
The long jump is actually more about speed than leaping ability. All the great long jumpers (Mike Powell, Carl Lewis, etc.) were also outstanding sprinters. Obviously, having a great vertical helps, because it allows you to stay in the air longer so the momentum you get from your speed can carry you farther. We have quite a few on the team who were outstanding long jumpers in HS, including Sean Queen, who was a state champion in GA and Javon Scruggs, who I believe won or at least placed high last year in VA. It's a really good indicator of athleticism. Go back a ways and Walt Aikens and Kenny Smith also won State championships in the event.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Thanks...Megginson has the three things I definitely would be looking for in DBs,: Long, tall and athletic. He's gonna be one to watch come August
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]