Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Anyone here give leads to the coaching staff on potential recruits? Solid 6’3” Junior QB from Alabama that would be good to jump on early. Know he’s been to camps throughout the Southeast and has performed well. Kyle Kramer.

Top 75 QB according to QBHITLIST last year. https://qbhitlist.com/class-of-2020-pro ... ankings-2/
Last edited by FLAMEfromBAMA on January 15th, 2019, 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
Now 6’4. Has performed well at various camps including Louisville and Auburn. Did some training with AJ McCarron last July. I’m biased as I know the guy, but if he meets his aspirations he will be at an SEC school. I hope we at least give him a look.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Send some film to LU football.

Unfortunately, the football team's 8mm projector was lost when the island was flooded. They have been forced to use video since. 8)

Here's how things work in 2018 ballcoach. Basically every recruit has tons of video from their HS (or JUCO) games, which is posted to the internet. The most common place is the hudl.com site. When college coaches become aware of a prospect they have not seen before, they look up his profile on Hudl and watch his video to evaluate him. A lot of coaching staffs don't pay much attention to suggestions from fans, but what is needed is to contact the recruiting staff with a bit of info about the prospect and a link to their Hudl profile.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I know how it works, but I just replied "short and to the point". Truth be known I have dealt with college coaches probably more than anyone on this board, on the recruiting trail.

When I go to Lynchburg this week, I will go down to the island and look for the 8mm projector.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I know how it works, but I just replied "short and to the point". Truth be known I have dealt with college coaches probably more than anyone on this board, on the recruiting trail.

When I go to Lynchburg this week, I will go down to the island and look for the 8mm projector.
It was short.
You won't find the projector on the island. That stuff is strewn everywhere between Lynchburg and the Chesapeake Bay.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, the bridge to the island was washed away in 1985. :rainy The only access to the island now is by canoe or jon boat.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach, the bridge to the island was washed away in 1985. :rainy The only access to the island now is by canoe or jon boat.
Did you just call ballcoach a ‘Jon’? Isn’t that what his ‘lady friends’ call him?
By CCWMichael
Purple Haize wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach, the bridge to the island was washed away in 1985. :rainy The only access to the island now is by canoe or jon boat.
Did you just call ballcoach a ‘Jon’? Isn’t that what his ‘lady friends’ call him?
Calling for a date and hiding your cash and cards in the toilet paper rolls, under the mattress, in the commode tank, behind pots and pans, or other places is typically not a good sign.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It should be noted that the staff does value knowing if a recruit fits the LU profile or has direct connections. They typically will have the parents fill out a questionnaire and the kid will at least get a look at his video if it appears to be legit. Camps remain the way to go to score early offers.
Reached out to Brown and Freeze. Freeze stopped by this morning and is sending someone else in a few weeks. Whether we get Kyle or not Prattville is a good pipeline!

A few notable former players:
Kevin Turner
Roman Harper
Zac Woodfin
Bobby Greenwood
Nick Perry
Justin Thomas
Kamryn Pettway
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Truth be known I have dealt with college coaches probably more than anyone on this board, on the recruiting trail.
Hi.

False.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Truth be known I have dealt with college coaches probably more than anyone on this board, on the recruiting trail.
Hi.

False.
Double false. Unless you count stalking
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote:Reached out to Brown and Freeze. Freeze stopped by this morning and is sending someone else in a few weeks. Whether we get Kyle or not Prattville is a good pipeline!

A few notable former players:
Kevin Turner
Roman Harper
Zac Woodfin
Bobby Greenwood
Nick Perry
Justin Thomas
Kamryn Pettway
I want to be sure I understand this correctly. Did HF actually come to your home/office to check with you about this, or was he in Bama and stopped by the HS? Either way, that is impressive, and a HUGE change from the way things have been done in the past.
oldflame wrote:You seriously underestimate the members of this board ballcoach. There are several who post here who are current and former college coaches and others who are or have been sports media professionals.
BLASPHEMER!
No one can equal the power and #sources of ballcoach
Purple Haize wrote:
oldflame wrote:You seriously underestimate the members of this board ballcoach. There are several who post here who are current and former college coaches and others who are or have been sports media professionals.
BLASPHEMER!
No one can equal the power and #sources of ballcoach
#Legend in his own mind

Which is awesome. Hopefully I could meet up with a few of you guys and gain more knowledge of the game (football and basketball mostly).
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote:Anyone here give leads to the coaching staff on potential recruits? Solid 6’3” Junior QB from Alabama that would be good to jump on early. Know he’s been to camps throughout the Southeast and has performed well. Kyle Kramer.

Top 75 QB according to QBHITLIST last year. https://qbhitlist.com/class-of-2020-pro ... ankings-2/
Also on that list, at #71, is Cade Larkins, who was Austin Lewis' HS teammate last year. Kid broke all school records and threw for almost 4000 yards and 42 touchdowns as a JR. :shock:
oldflame wrote:
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote:Anyone here give leads to the coaching staff on potential recruits? Solid 6’3” Junior QB from Alabama that would be good to jump on early. Know he’s been to camps throughout the Southeast and has performed well. Kyle Kramer.

Also on that list, at #71, is Cade Larkins, who was Austin Lewis' HS teammate. Kid broke all school records and threw for almost 4000 yards and 42 touchdowns as a JR. :shock:
Now that I have looked closer at that list, I see a bunch of intersting possibilities. We frequently recruit the school of #15 including a kid in the Class of 2019 who chose elsewhere. But that school fits the LU profile to a T.

For some reason I believe I may have taught #23 in Life Groups at my last church. Ditto for #120.

And I have a strong suspicion that #73 knows Liberty very well for better or worse.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]