Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Martin Veinberg
6' 9" 320 lbs Offensive Lineman
Helsinki (Finland) Roosters

*** Given Special Permission by Finnish Military to Chase College Football Dream ***

ESPN Profile

Rivals Profile

247sports Profile 3- :star

Premier Players International Profile with Highlight Reel

Hudl Profile

Twitter

Holds Offers from (As of 8/6/18):
  • Florida
    Liberty
    Nebraska
    ODU
    Temple
    Towson
    Virginia
    Washington State
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
6'9" and 320? WOW! :shock:
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
That's a really big side of O-Line Grade A beef! He could be a great anchor for the line
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He's in the US this summer with three other Scandinavian prospects as they hit the camp circuit hard. I saw one recruiting guru calling him the best 2019 OL prospect they had seen in the US all summer.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:He's in the US this summer with three other Scandinavian prospects as they hit the camp circuit hard. I saw one recruiting guru calling him the best 2019 OL prospect they had seen in the US all summer.
Competition will be tough, but one thing we have going for us is a track record of taking in European players that the big boys will be hard pressed to match, including Martin´s fellow Scandanavian OL, Norwegian Ernst Anderson. We kept Ernst on scholarship til he got his degree even though he never played a down due to various injuries. He might just be the best recruiter we could have in this situation. Also 2019 MBB commit Marten Maide is from Estonia, just about 50 miles across the Baltic Sea from Helsinki.
By CCWMichael
Cider Jim wrote:6'9" and 320? WOW! :shock:
Back in my day I sat 6'4 250.
Even walking near guys like this made you want to start the ice bath early.
I don'y like the fact his JUCO is not near us ... not a good sign but if our current staff wants him they got work to do.
CCWMichael wrote:
I don'y like the fact his JUCO is not near us ... not a good sign but if our current staff wants him they got work to do.
What is the closest JUCO to LU?
By CCWMichael
Class of 20Something wrote:
CCWMichael wrote:
Apologies, I am not familiar with Virginia.
Two in PA are Lackawanna and Valley Forge Military.
By Ewglenn
Class of 20Something wrote:
CCWMichael wrote:
Louisburg College in NC, there aren’t many in the SE. Georgia Military College is another one but that’s a good distance away.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Distance doesn't matter. Almost all of the JUCO players we have signed and are currently recruiting are in Cali or Texas. That, along with Florida, is where the best competition and coaching is, which is much more important than having them close.
By Ewglenn
oldflame wrote:Distance doesn't matter. Almost all of the JUCO players we have signed and are currently recruiting are in Cali or Texas. That, along with Florida, is where the best competition and coaching is, which is much more important than having them close.
The vast majority of JUCO’s are in California so of course we’ve gotten a lot from there. Texas has 6, Mississippi has 14 but Florida only has 1. The JUCO players mostly travel from home to go to those programs unless they are in Cali.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Veinburg is in Iowa, so there must be enough other schools with football teams there in the midwest to form a conference. JUCO budgets are really tight for travel. I have no idea what the competition is like. This kid is certainly a long shot with the P5 schools that have shown interest, but as I said earlier, we have a pretty unique track record with European players, which should be in our favor. If he is a Liberty fit, we should have a shot.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote:
oldflame wrote:Distance doesn't matter. Almost all of the JUCO players we have signed and are currently recruiting are in Cali or Texas. That, along with Florida, is where the best competition and coaching is, which is much more important than having them close.
The vast majority of JUCO’s are in California so of course we’ve gotten a lot from there. Texas has 6, Mississippi has 14 but Florida only has 1. The JUCO players mostly travel from home to go to those programs unless they are in Cali.
There’s definitely more then 1 JUCO in Florida. Is it just 1 that plays football?
By Ewglenn
JK37 wrote:
Ewglenn wrote:
There’s definitely more then 1 JUCO in Florida. Is it just 1 that plays football?
Yes, I was only putting out numbers for football playing JUCOs.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]