Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

ballcoach15 wrote:AAU coaches should not be part of recruiting process. Nor should 7 on 7 coaches be involved with football recruiting. Most violations originate there.
Why?
ballcoach15 wrote:One of the more rogue AAU coaches ever, operated in the Lynchburg/Campbell County area several years ago. I think he still may be in prison.
For you to say “ever”, with or without a citation, you would have to verify that you have a knowledge of most or all AAU coaches. You’ve yet to do so.

In the example you’ve given, you dated he is in jail, but that may be totally unrelated to his activities as an AAU coach. So are you saying that any criminal record invalidates one’s ability to be a coach?

You’re not an authority on this. At all. If I’m wrong, prove it. If you can’t, you need to stop.

Or continue, because it is entertaining.
ballcoach15 wrote:He was also an Agent. There has to be someone on this board who knows who I am referring to. His agent work got him in trouble after he ripped off one of his former AAU players.
Even if anyone does, at this point it would be reinforcing bad behavior and no one here wants to condone baseless claims at the integrity of individuals and governing bodies without even an attempt to bring real evidence to the table beyond personal appeal to other users.
ballcoach15 wrote:I read this morning that a Federal Appeals Court upheld NCAA's rule requiring athletes to sit out a year when transferring. Good call by the Court.
I personally think the current rule is just about right, so I´m totally cool with this. Here is the court case in question.

http://kwese.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/2 ... g-year-off

Enjoy it while you can ballcoach, because the NCAA itself is working on a rule change which would permit all transfers who meet set academic requirements to play immediatly.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/med ... le-changes
NCAA might be shooting itself in the foot. (actually shooting itself in the _______.)

What will happen is free agency in college sports, i.e. money being passed under the table to get athletes to transfer. Some schools will recruit from other NCAA schools. (some of that happens now).
ballcoach15 wrote:NCAA might be shooting itself in the foot. (actually shooting itself in the _______.)

What will happen is free agency in college sports, i.e. money being passed under the table to get athletes to transfer. Some schools will recruit from other NCAA schools. (some of that happens now[Citation Needed]).
What money does pass under said tables will continue. This a rule that needs to happen, for all the other sports no one cares enough about to put money under a table. The rule exists to allow a student to spend a year in residency guaranteeing their academics without the added distraction of athletic participation. But if they’ve already proven themselves a quality student, the rule isn’t necessary.

I’m all for freedom. I thought Ballcoach was all for freedom, but apparently he wants to oppress the marketplace - just like a true democrat.
JK37 wrote:What money does pass under said tables will continue. This a rule that needs to happen, for all the other sports no one cares enough about to put money under a table. The rule exists to allow a student to spend a year in residency guaranteeing their academics without the added distraction of athletic participation. But if they’ve already proven themselves a quality student, the rule isn’t necessary.

I’m all for freedom. I thought Ballcoach was all for freedom, but apparently he wants to oppress the marketplace - just like a true democrat.
While JK37 is certainly correct as to the stated reason for the one year rule, there is also no question that there was also an underlying reason/result of discouraging transfers. To the very limited extent that the stuff ballcoach is so paranoid about exists, I agree that there will be no change. First of all, the new rule would require a minimum GPA of 3.0 to transfer and play immediatly. That will eliminate a significant portion of the athletes who are using college as merely a stepping stone on the way to their (often delusional) dream of a pro career. Secondly, in the current environment EVERYTHING is scrutinized by way more eyes than the old days and can be tweeted around the world in an instant. Red flags will be raised any time an elite player transfers, and NOBODY is going to pay, and take the risk of stiff consequences, for anything less. Add to that the involvement of the FBI, and IMHO the conspiracy theory of buying players by the transfer route is a huge tempest in a tiny teacup.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

When you have a chance to pick up a talent like th[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]