Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Jonathan Carone wrote:Convo was just something we did occasionally that recruits wouldn’t have to go to.

One recruit was told he could keep his braids and then racked up all sorts of fines once he got here.

Class dress didn’t matter.
Same coach was known to tell blatant lies about not knowing about serious issues recruits had, including one who was a convicted felon.
JK37 wrote:PH, is all this excusable to the rule?! Hahaha

Ballcoach, you fought for freedom. I salute you! Why do you want to take freedom away from college student-athletes?
No names have been mentioned. In the spirit of the World Cup.....play on!
ballcoach15 wrote:Eventually it will damage integrity of NCAA. The rogue schools will start recruiting from other colleges in addition to high schools.
Based on your own words (repeatedly) the NCAA is the most corrupt organization on the planet, which would make damaging their integrity an oxymoron.

As far as recruiting transfers is concerned, it was previously legal once the player was granted his release, and under the new rule will be legal 2 days after they announce their desire to transfer. Operating within the rules does not become ¨rogue¨ because you say it is. ¨Rogue¨ recruiting would be if a school approaches a player to try to convince them to transfer BEFORE they announce their intention to do so. That is something that happens (it has been suggested that Duke let Seth Curry know that they were holding a scholarship for him if he decided he wanted t leave LU) but is not that common, and this rule won´t really affect it.
ballcoach15 wrote:The rogue schools will start recruiting from other colleges in addition to high schools.
Ballcoach, with all due respect, please provide a short list of what you consider to be "rogue schools."
Louisville is at top of list in everything rogue in college sports.

I will not name schools I think to be rogue, but they are out there. They can contact a player thru street agents to indicate interest, then when player announces intent to transfer, then they pounce.
It seems as some schools stock their roster with transfers. (Several FCS schools do this also).
I know of several cases where a player went home for Christmas break and came in contact with street agent, then announced he was transferring.

Transfers happen a lot in softball at P5 level.
ballcoach15 wrote:Louisville is at top of list in everything rogue in college sports.

I will not name schools I think to be rogue, but they are out there. They can contact a player thru street agents to indicate interest, then when player announces intent to transfer, then they pounce.
It seems as some schools stock their roster with transfers. (Several FCS schools do this also).
I know of several cases where a player went home for Christmas break and came in contact with street agent, then announced he was transferring.

Transfers happen a lot in softball at P5 level.
I´m calling :BS on this. That either came from your ¨sources¨ :rofl , or it´s a total fabrication. You live in Gretna. The chances of you having direct knowledge of street agent activity are about the same as my having to shovel snow off my driveway tomorrow morning here in the DR.

Street agents are real, but they deal almost exclusively with high level HS prospects or pro prospects who they want to direct toward a particular team or shoe company, and they operate mainly in the grass roots team environment. Once an athlete signs a NLI and enrolls in a school, the risk vs reward of another school playing fast and loose with the rules to recruit athletes who have not officially announced their intention to transfer makes it a losing proposition.
Last edited by olldflame on June 19th, 2018, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
I recall the first time I saw someone using a cellphone. It was a street agent from a school in Knoxville, TN, and he was wearing "orange and white". Some street agents are not part of shoe companies, they're just shady recruiters for their school.

I may live in Gretna, but I have probably talked with more college football coaches, than most on this board. I have "been around the block" more than once.
ballcoach15 wrote:I recall the first time I saw someone using a cellphone. It was a street agent from a school in Knoxville, TN, and he was wearing "orange and white". Some street agents are not part of shoe companies, they're just shady recruiters for their school.

I may live in Gretna, but I have probably talked with more college football coaches, than most on this board. I have "been around the block" more than once.
Now you are trying to tell us that your sources on street agent activity are college coaches? Give me a break. :roll: :roll: If they are involved, they aren´t going to talk about it, and if they are talking about opposing teams, it can be taken with a grain of salt. Sour grapes.

The bottom line is the new rule mainly just clears up some messiness that has occured when a few ¨rogue¨ college coaches tried to play hardball with athletes that wanted to transfer. It won´t really change anything. Your position on athletes transferring is totally wrong-headed. These are human beings and American citizens who have the right to change their minds and try to better their situation. The thing you continually seem to overlook is the fact that the VAST MAJORITY of transfers benefit EVERYONE involved. The school they transfer to gets a player they WANT. The school they leave (where they almost always are not getting to play much or do not fit into future plans) gets a scholarship to give to an athlete they believe can make them better and the athlete gets a fresh start.

win, win, win. 8)
ballcoach15 wrote:I recall the first time I saw someone using a cellphone. It was a street agent from a school in Knoxville, TN, and he was wearing "orange and white". Some street agents are not part of shoe companies, they're just shady recruiters for their school.

Im frightened imagining you in fishnet and stilettos on the mean streets of Pittsylvania
ballcoach15 wrote:I never said college coaches are my source on street agents. I just said I have probably talked with more coaches, than most on this board.
Anyone who follows college sports closely, should know who the rogue schools are.
You stated as a fact that you know of several athletes who went home for Christmas, were contacted by street agents and then decided to transfer. When the credibility of that was brought into question, your only real response was to say you have ¨talked to¨ an unspecified number of coaches that you presume to be ¨more than most on this board¨, but when the validity of that is questioned, you now say that those coaches are not your ¨source¨. Your response to a direct question as to who you think the ¨rogue¨schools are is to say we should already know that if we ¨follow college sports closely¨. Almost everything you post here is basically just your opinion. Why would you not give your opinion on that?
ballcoach15 wrote:Message boards are "opinions", unless a link is posted. I am not smart enough to post links, thus all my posts are opinions.
Trust us, we know.

Perhaps if we teach you how to post links.

At the top of your browser(Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Edge) there is what is called an address bar. In that, is the address of the website you are on. Similar to an address that you would put on a postcard, that address tells you where on the internet you are. Click on that address bar and highlight the entire text. Right click and select copy. Come over to these forums and find the thread you would like to submit the link to. Click reply and in the same body that you would normally type into, right click and select paste. When you click submit, a link will be made so that the rest of us can click on it.
oldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I never said college coaches are my source on street agents. I just said I have probably talked with more coaches, than most on this board.
Anyone who follows college sports closely, should know who the rogue schools are.
You stated as a fact that you know of several athletes who went home for Christmas, were contacted by street agents and then decided to transfer. When the credibility of that was brought into question, your only real response was to say you have ¨talked to¨ an unspecified number of coaches that you presume to be ¨more than most on this board¨, but when the validity of that is questioned, you now say that those coaches are not your ¨source¨. Your response to a direct question as to who you think the ¨rogue¨schools are is to say we should already know that if we ¨follow college sports closely¨. Almost everything you post here is basically just your opinion. Why would you not give your opinion on that?
LU’s DB’s should watch video tape of ballcoach because no one back peddles better
Purple Haize wrote:

Im frightened imagining you in fishnet and stilettos on the mean streets of Pittsylvania
Why? WHY?! Why did you put THAT IMAGE in my head?

Ballcoach, I know there are coaches out there who “indirectly” let a kid know they’d have a spot if they wanted to transfer from their current school to the coach’s school. The way to do this is just call the player’s club or HS cosch. It’s not against the rules, but kind of against the letter/intent of the law. But as all of your SEC buddies say, “If you ain’t cheating, you ain’t trying.”

Happened to a kid I was coaching this season. AAU coach got in her ear and told her that IF she wanted to go elsewhere, he had options. She asked for release/PTC then went shopping. So technically she didn’t do anything wrong, and neither did the college coaches who talked to the AAU coach prior to the release. No “street agents” needed. And no violations.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

When you have a chance to pick up a talent like th[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]