Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Class of 20Something
jinxy wrote:My guy wont tell me anymore. I did see a tweet from trey johnson this morning similar to what i was told yesterday. Nothing else though.
I saw the Trey tweet. Pretty excited.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
jinxy wrote:My guy wont tell me anymore. I did see a tweet from trey johnson this morning similar to what i was told yesterday. Nothing else though.
OK - what was the tweet?
By cruzan_flame13
Johnathan Bennett, a dual threat QB has committed from Summerville High School (a good hs football program). He received offers from App State, Campbell,UNC Charlotte, Citadel, Coastal, Gardner-Webb, Old Dominion and USC (SC). #L19htemup
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Now my text makes sense ha. Looks like hes formally announcing tonight at 7. He does not have a usc offer only interest but the rest were correct. Impressive tape and another 3 star
By Class of 20Something
prototype wrote:
OK - what was the tweet?

And the croot in question https://twitter.com/j_bennett6

Watching his highlights. Kid has every bit the zip on the ball Buckshot does. Holy crap.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Add in the RB from Maine and we are off to a great start in this recruiting class! Moving up might have been just the thing Coach Gill needed to give him the edge in recruiting. X's and O's have been shaky but if you can recruit great athletes they can make up for it to a point.
Kudo's to the staff for the work they are doing. Looking forward to this season and beyond!
By Class of 20Something
ALAFlamesFan wrote:Add in the RB from Maine and we are off to a great start in this recruiting class! Moving up might have been just the thing Coach Gill needed to give him the edge in recruiting. X's and O's have been shaky but if you can recruit great athletes they can make up for it to a point.
Kudo's to the staff for the work they are doing. Looking forward to this season and beyond!
Mack is technically a 2018 recruit because he has to enroll now to be eligible in 19. Mack got us to 30 for the class of 18.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Its nice to land the stud qb early on. Last year we could never find the right fit but we settled on robinson who is not bad for a developmental qb.

Recruiting has a domino effect. If he can snag a couple more like harris and david reynolds then it starts to be impressive when kids look around and see how many 3 legit 3 stars are on board.

Winston wright has blown up. He must have 60 offers. Guess all the early hard work we put in on him was for naught.

Still painful to see what could have been with hanson as well.
By Class of 20Something
ballah09 wrote:I wonder when Christian Harris is going to pull the trigger. He's all Liberty if you follow him on twitter.
Bennett outright said "might as well make that move" when Harris congratulated him. Bennett might be our social class recruiter.
By Class of 20Something
ballah09 wrote:I wonder when Christian Harris is going to pull the trigger. He's all Liberty if you follow him on twitter.
Bennett outright said "might as well make that move" when Harris congratulated him. Bennett might be our social class recruiter.

J_bennett6 wrote:It’s the place to be, make that move big dawg #Goflames
By cruzan_flame13
I just sent the same thing on the 2019 recruiting discussion thread. JGIV would be very beneficial on defense for sure! I believe he received an offer from Mizzou(and other schools), so it would be nice to get him on board the Flame Train.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:I just sent the same thing on the 2019 recruiting discussion thread. JGIV would be very beneficial on defense for sure! I believe he received an offer from Mizzou(and other schools), so it would be nice to get him on board the Flame Train.
I believe Gordon´s only P5 offer so far is from Minnesota, and he has visited there. The ïnterest level¨ on 247 and Rivals is such a joke. P5 schools are automatically ¨warm¨and G5s are ¨cool¨.
By Class of 20Something
oldflame wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:I just sent the same thing on the 2019 recruiting discussion thread. JGIV would be very beneficial on defense for sure! I believe he received an offer from Mizzou(and other schools), so it would be nice to get him on board the Flame Train.
I believe Gordon´s only P5 offer so far is from Minnesota, and he has visited there. The ïnterest level¨ on 247 and Rivals is such a joke. P5 schools are automatically ¨warm¨and G5s are ¨cool¨.

Missouri

Kentucky
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
I think with our resources and facilities you have to expect a Top 100 class. Anything below that would be a disappointment. There are more than 30 teams in FBS that can only dream about the kind of commitment we show to football. At the same time, anything above 75 would be knocking it out of the park for a non-power 6.

I expect less Juco's this year. Maybe 5 ? It all depends on what our needs are after the majority of the high school prospects targeted declare. If we are short a position then expect a couple extra JUCOs. Also, I agree with someone else who said to expect some transfers from our non-FBS classes when they don't see playing time. We may add JUCO's if we need to balance the classes out.
Last edited by ALAFlamesFan on June 10th, 2018, 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I know last year with Rivals, we were ranked 99th. I expect for both Rivals and 247's rankings to have Liberty in the top 100. I don't know if we could sustain top 75 for this year, but I also believe it is not unreasonable to think we could crack that top 75.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]