Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Class of 20Something
cruzan_flame13 wrote:What class is he in?
'19. Just watched his highlights on Hudl. Anything beyond 15 yards was floating and he hunder threw his WR on most of those passes. A superior level defense would eat that alive.

Within 15 yards, his mechanics and timing we're fantastic. Especially on slants. He is a big body but doesn't have nearly enough upper body muscle yet. Hopefully he can fill out his senior year. Ultimately I think he will be a lower 3* recruit. He has the raw talent and looks like he can thrive when surrounded by skilled playmakers.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The issues beyond 15 yards and driving the ball into the receiver can be worked on with a QB coach. He sounds like a bit of a project but worth watching in 2018
BJWilliams wrote:The issues beyond 15 yards and driving the ball into the receiver can be worked on with a QB coach. He sounds like a bit of a project but worth watching in 2018
Absolutely. I was just trying to summarize what I saw.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The kid certainly impressed 247sports on the camp circuit this summer. They have written glowing reviews and given him three stars. But he still doesn't have any offers.
By Ewglenn
Sly Fox wrote:The kid certainly impressed 247sports on the camp circuit this summer. They have written glowing reviews and given him three stars. But he still doesn't have any offers.
He is an 84 on 247 that’s really good. I’m surprised he doesn’t have offers.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Me personally it goes back to what I said before...he would probably be a project wherever he ends up. It's great that he has shown well at camp, but I would love to see how he does this fall. If he has worked out the mechanical kinks I commented on before, expect quite a few offers to come in by midseason
BJWilliams wrote:Me personally it goes back to what I said before...he would probably be a project wherever he ends up. It's great that he has shown well at camp, but I would love to see how he does this fall. If he has worked out the mechanical kinks I commented on before, expect quite a few offers to come in by midseason
I would say he is probably worth a roster spot just to have for depth if nothing else. I agree that most are waiting to see how he cleans it up this season.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Man - losing Buckshot will really hurt. He is a great QB and gives us a chance to win every game we play. He's going to be very hard to replace. I firmly believe we will be seeing him play on Sundays. My prediction - Falcons. He would fit perfect in that offense.
By Class of 20Something
prototype wrote:Man - losing Buckshot will really hurt. He is a great QB and gives us a chance to win every game we play. He's going to be very hard to replace. I firmly believe we will be seeing him play on Sundays. My prediction - Falcons. He would fit perfect in that offense.
What are you talking about? We already have a 3* QB commit that adores the school and wants to get the best people around him.

Buckshot is not big enough to play with the big dogs. He will have to put on serious weight. Drew Brees is two inches shorter and has Buck by 30 lbs. Compared to some QBs of similar height, Aaron Rogers is 225#, Dak Prescott is 235#, and Andy Dalton is 220#. Buckshot is listed at 180#.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
prototype wrote:Man - losing Buckshot will really hurt. He is a great QB and gives us a chance to win every game we play. He's going to be very hard to replace. I firmly believe we will be seeing him play on Sundays. My prediction - Falcons. He would fit perfect in that offense.
What are you talking about? We already have a 3* QB commit that adores the school and wants to get the best people around him.

Buckshot is not big enough to play with the big dogs. He will have to put on serious weight. Drew Brees is two inches shorter and has Buck by 30 lbs. Compared to some QBs of similar height, Aaron Rogers is 225#, Dak Prescott is 235#, and Andy Dalton is 220#. Buckshot is listed at 180#.
Mark it down... He'll add weight. He has the talent.
By Class of 20Something
prototype wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:

Mark it down... He'll add weight. He has the talent.
AGG will be playing on Sundays. Buckshot will not.

Jake Fromm? Same height, Has Buckshot by 40 pounds and is a year younger. Buckshot needed to be over 200 this year for me to believe he could transition to the NFL.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
For what it is worth, Buckshot has more potential and more arm strength than our last NFL qb Mr. Josh Woodrum. I think Buck will be drafted anywhere from 3rd round to 5th round. This is all speculation of course as well as not knowing how he will continue to improve over the next 24 games.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I'll take that bet. I think both will be in the league and can be our best pros yet. Buckshot may not have the measureables...yet. But he has moxy and the "it" factor not to mention a very strong arm. I'm not saying he's going to be an all pro and maybe not even a starter but I bet you he ends up in the league and has a decent career as backup or 3rd string at worst for several years.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
As for the topic at hand...
Knight is definitely going to be a project at the collegiate level even at 6'4" as i noted earlier
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]