Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Christian's mom posted this on Twitter:
That day has come. Some people will not like your choice and some will. There will even be a lot critics with some negative things to say. Then there will be the people that are truly happy for you . But know this, @Charris919 I am so proud of you and I love myself some you.
Doesn't that sound similar to what Austin Lewis wrote this time last year when he chose LU over the P5 schools?
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I think you guys keep forgetting a couple key thoughts on recruiting. An offer isnt open forever and if staff changes they dont have to honor them. We stopped chasing harris when amerson committed in august with the first staff. Then new staff reoffered after we didnt get harris or hicks to committ on a visit. Hes playing games but we have been as well.

Same case on glover other than its lville. Its a juggling act at this point. You have so few schollies available this late but you want to get as many as you can but you also cant leave empty handed.

Gill chose to know what we had and settle for lesser players but assurance. This staff took the approach i like and thats stay in on as much impact talent as you can and let the cards fall. Now we may come up snake eyes and have to pursue grad transfers hard or we might hit a bunch of home runs this next week.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The new staff really had no choice but to play it this way for 2019. I'm not so sure it will be that way going forward. Freeze likes to have a 2 year relationship with the players he signs and that can lead to early commits, but the guys he offers will be pretty much exclusively 3 and 4 star players, so we would not be "settling".
By cruzan_flame13
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:If he signs with us at 6 then this would be a nice finishing touch.

Guaranteed ole Johnathan Bennett(who has become my favorite LU player on this team) has reached out to this kid.
Not saying he wouldn't, but this kid has not stepped foot on LU's campus at all. That would be a first if he signs for us, but would to have him sign with us than Western Carolina.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He's from Raleigh and has been to our campus multiple times base don my understanding. Familiarity with our campus would not be an issue.

Sometimes kids have late cermonies so their family can be there in person ... particularly if they have to come in from out of town.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Looking for Ballcoach to say that Western Carolina is out in the middle of nowhere. :nono
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
99 percent sure our offer was closed. Sounds like they want grad transfers or transfers for last 2 spots. After tonight i also believe they pulled merrits offer as manson said.

I still would have taken him but they felt good about dt after juco from chicago committed
Last edited by jinxy on February 7th, 2019, 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:99 percent sure our offer was closed. Sounds like they want grad transfers or transfers for last 2 spots. Aftee tonight i also believe they pylled merrits offer as manson said.

I still would have taken him but they felt good about dt after juci from chicago committed
Bourbon? :D
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
JK37 wrote:Not at all. Cullowhee is a FINE place!
They have a few good people there.
No they don’t. I was taking about mountains and trees.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
oldflame wrote:
JK37 wrote:Not at all. Cullowhee is a FINE place!
They have a few good people there.
No they don’t. I was taking about mountains and trees.
I've never been. Is is like Morgantown but without the trailer parks and burned couches? :wink:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have no idea where Western Carolina is located, other than somewhere in west North Carolina. But that's one of those schools that I wonder why any recruit would go there, unless it was best offer they received. Every Signing Day, I see players sign with schools that boggle the mind.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I have no idea where Western Carolina is located, other than somewhere in west North Carolina. But that's one of those schools that I wonder why any recruit would go there, unless it was best offer they received. Every Signing Day, I see players sign with schools that boggle the mind.
And NOBODY could POSSIBLY say that about Lynchburg, VA. :roll:
Some statistics

After doing some checking, I discovered that in […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, L[…]

DOE Report

Looks like the DOE is getting warmed up... Gra[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]