Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

oldflame wrote:Christian now has 28 offers, including Ole Miss and all 3 service academies, and it looks like we have a legit shot.
Don't forget the Yale, Princeton, Marshall and Arkansas offers. Two SEC, Two Ivy, Swept the Academies.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I hope he's interested in our Honors Program. Study And I can tell Chattanooga stories all day long.
Apparently, Michael Lewis has been recruiting him hard as well. Him plus Johnathan Bennett make a good recruiting team. Harris could come in from day one and get PT if not start. They could move Lemonier to outside linebacker.
This one is enjoying the recruiting process and all the love. NOTHING wrong with that but I expect a lot of head games and teasers before he signs with anyone.

Makes you appreciate the guys who know what they want, sign early, and believe we are it.
Like Johnathan Bennett. I appreciate this kidd even more with his leadership and innovation of creating what he’d like to play the game with as a flame. I see more blessings coming our way in time.
jinxy wrote:He likes us. Not getting much attention from coaches. Hes not a fan of that. Looks like jesse hanson 2.0 from what i heard.
We messed up once(probably more honestly); better not mess up again.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:He likes us. Not getting much attention from coaches. Hes not a fan of that. Looks like jesse hanson 2.0 from what i heard.
I’m getting that vibe too. They’re making graphics for recruits but not for him when I saw him tweet asking for one. Like the Jesse debacle where they thought he’s a lock and they didn’t need to put the effort in but they need to be all over this. He looks like he’s ready to pull the trigger. Going to be another screw up job.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:
I’m getting that vibe too. They’re making graphics for recruits but not for him when I saw him tweet asking for one. Like the Jesse debacle where they thought he’s a lock and they didn’t need to put the effort in but they need to be all over this. He looks like he’s ready to pull the trigger. Going to be another screw up job.
I don´t know what is going on with Christian, but I don´t believe for a second our staff thought Jesse Hanson was a ¨lock¨ (or Christian, or anyone else for that matter) That´s just crazy. Nobody is a lock til they sign a NLI. I get it that sending players graphics and edits is an integral part of recruiting now, and from what I can tell, we are holding our own pretty well with that, but I´m not sure I would even want a player who would actually make a decision where he is going based on feeling slighted in that area. I certainly hope that is not the case here.
There is a major unknown factor here too. Nobody knows if or how many phone calls Turner Gill or Wimbo or any other coaches have made to this kid. The other unknown is, whether the staff has found something out about this kid that they feel he would no longer be a good fit for LU and that is why you have seen a lack of social media push towards him. Social media is one part of the recruitment game. Johnathan Bennett was no where to be found on many of our radars and then all of a sudden boom a commitment.

It will be interesting to see where this kid goes. He is no doubt a playmaker on defense and from a football stand-point would be a great addition.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Here’s another promotion from an account that has only 1 follower. Harris still retweeted it lol:

Still a recruiting violation...

But they're right
What is the recruiting violation?

Not sure if it’s the same guy, but I think Mace was a DB in the early 90’s. Pound for pound, he was one of the strongest guys of that era.
By tyndal23
SumItUp wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Here’s another promotion from an account that has only 1 follower. Harris still retweeted it lol:

But they're right

Not sure if it’s the same guy, but I think Mace was a DB in the early 90’s. Pound for pound, he was one of the strongest guys of that era.
SumItUp wrote:

But they're right

SumItUp wrote:

But they're right

Oops!!!
ballah09 wrote:NCAA doesn't care and if they did then all 130 schools would be put on some sort of probation. They along with the schools can't control what their fans do on social media.
I'm not going to put it past the NCAA to start enforcing rules they've had on the books for years when it is convenient.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
So it didn't occur to me that it's dead period where the coaches can't reach out to players so it explains why he hasn't heard from the coaches. He's using Bennett to communicate with them though.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:So it didn't occur to me that it's dead period where the coaches can't reach out to players so it explains why he hasn't heard from the coaches. He's using Bennett to communicate with them though.
But wouldn´t the dead period apply to Bennett as well? I don´t think a verbal commit changes anything where that is concerned.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I believe its one way communication. Player can contact coach. Also wondering if the RB transition has anything to do with it. Pretty sure he was NC. Still somebody else pick up the ball on the top recruits for sure.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]