Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

From what I have gathered we may have up to 25 potential scholarships. We had 17 send in their letters in December and then we have 1 commitment from William Green. That puts us at 18 with 7 left to give. Also, just because 247 puts someone as a DE doesn't mean that is what they will play here. Alot of DE in high school are undersized to play FBS DE so they end up playing LB. For example Micaiah Overton is listed as a TE on 247 but HE WILL PLAY TE.

Can't wait for next Wednesday.
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:From what I have gathered we may have up to 25 potential scholarships. We had 17 send in their letters in December and then we have 1 commitment from William Green. That puts us at 18 with 7 left to give. Also, just because 247 puts someone as a DE doesn't mean that is what they will play here. Alot of DE in high school are undersized to play FBS DE so they end up playing LB. For example Micaiah Overton is listed as a TE on 247 but HE WILL PLAY TE.

Can't wait for next Wednesday.
I don't know where that figure of 25 is coming from. Certainly not from the Spring roster, which contains at least 68 scholarship players. I expect some further attrition, but It would take another 8 or so to get us up to 25 in this class. Could happen, but I think that's a stretch.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
68 but 6 of those are mid years meaning of the 17 that signed in december we will still need to add 11 which makes 79 and leaves 6 more spots open give or take. Plus i still see 2 on there that i would be shocked if they have a scholarship in the fall plus a senior or 2 that may get told they wont see time and move on.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:68 but 6 of those are mid years meaning of the 17 that signed in december we will still need to add 11 which makes 79 and leaves 6 more spots open give or take. Plus i still see 2 on there that i would be shocked if they have a scholarship in the fall plus a senior or 2 that may get told they wont see time and move on.
Well, I definately had a "senior moment" not taking into account that 6 of the players on that roster are early enrollees from this class. 25 certainly is possible.
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Josh Aldridge tweeted recently that there was a big time addition to the Flames as of either last night or today. Any one have word on who that might be. . . Jon or Duke **cough** **cough** 8)
The fact that it's Aldridge says it's almost sure to be DL. The use of the word "big" in these tweets is usually literal. The fact that it's this weekend would point to it being one of the recruits currently on campus. Hence....

Elijah James
Book it 8)
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Love the confidence oldflame :D & I will go with that prediction.
I may have to retract that. Brian Merritt is also on campus, and Aldridge made an earlier tweet about "hitting home runs in the peach state" Of course, I wouldn't mind a bit if we get both of them! James out of JUCO for immediate help and the Freshman Merritt for the future.
And it's a beautiful, sunny day in Lynchburg with a basketball game tonight!
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
So wednesday could be something like this.

William green
Eli harris
Maisen knight
Glover or clark (think we may have put glover on hold like he did us)
Carson williams
Micaiyah overton
Marcus harris or christian harris
Brian merrit
Surprise?

I cant think boyd will sign without visiting which is probably the same as christian harris. Assuming miss state offered buys i think hes out too. Clarence hicks is another wild card. He may not sign wednesday.

Thoughts?
Well we can scratch Carson Williams off the list and I am okay with that.

By the way coach RJ Fleming tweeted out GREAT weekend.

I have never been more excited for a February signing day like I have this one and that includes Nick Sabans first one at Bama. I think I skipped all my classes that day at LU hahaha.
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Who was the other prospect visiting with Overton and Merrill? He was wearing the #6 jersey.
Yes, the mysterious #6. 8)

Standing next to Overton, who is listed as 6'5" 225, he looks to be about an inch shorter and a bit thicker, maybe 240. That doesn't match any of the other players we know to be visiting, so this indeed could be our 4 star prospect. His size and build would seem to narrow it down to DE, LB or TE. ???????

On a side note, you can see where Overton got his height. His mom must be at least 6 foot, and if I recall she was a very good high major vollyball player. His dad (who is now the AD at Kennesaw State) was an OL at Oklahoma.
oldflame wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Who was the other prospect visiting with Overton and Merrill? He was wearing the #6 jersey.
Yes, the mysterious #6. 8)

Standing next to Overton, who is listed as 6'5" 225, he looks to be about an inch shorter and a bit thicker, maybe 240. That doesn't match any of the other players we know to be visiting, so this indeed could be our 4 star prospect. His size and build would seem to narrow it down to DE, LB or TE. ???????

On a side note, you can see where Overton got his height. His mom must be at least 6 foot, and if I recall she was a very good high major vollyball player. His dad (who is now the AD at Kennesaw State) was an OL at Oklahoma.

You're heading in the right direction i believe...
LU 57 wrote:The mysterious #6 has to be Overton's younger brother, correct? He is a 2023.
His mother was holding the #13 jersey; could that possibly have some connection to what you're talking about?

Edit: Never mind, we k=now know who #13 was:

I was playing around with Rivals recruiting ranking and if we added these:

Elijah James, Javonte Richardson(4 star WR), Marcus Harris, Brian Merritt, Maisen Knight alone with Aubrey Williams(signed) & Nakota Creer(signed) that would put our points total at 810 with possibility of being higher. 810 points would put us with the 90th ranked recruiting class tied with Maryland at this point.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
One of most exciting improvements is the potential of what our d line could look like specifically d tackle. We have lacked quality tackles as long as ive followed LU. Other than asa chapmans juniour year and tolen avery the last 2 years we have always been below average at tackle.

We could roll out lloyd green james merrit beadles and have elefante pearson and mitchell as depth.

Too hard to predict at DE yet but we could be legitimately 4 or 5 deep with fbs quality players at both spots by wednesday.

If things fall right that could be our best position group next year.
Unless I am missing someone we have a total of 8 3 stars at this point:

Juco 3 stars:
Elijah James(DT) - this is going off of Coach Josh Aldridges tweet over the weekend.
William Green (DT)
Maisen Knight (OT)
Emanuel Dabney (CB)

HS 3 stars:
Johnathan Bennett(QB)
Brayden Monday(LB)
Malik Caper(LB)
C.J. Yarbrough (WR)

Potential other 3 stars:
Marcus Harris(DE)
Brian Merritt(DT)
Jonathan Boyd(OT)
Micaiah Overton(TE)
Christian Harris(DE)

Possible 4 star prediction:
Javonte Richardson(WR)
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
So keitrel clark was supposed to visit vt this past weekend. Apparently tech landed a juco db commit and no longer had the schollie. Fan base is not happy and thinks clark was the better player. Looks like a good get. I think we closed the deal and he pushed glover out of a spot possibly. Boy glover might have really overplayed his hand.
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has a […]

UTEP

Need a series win to clinch regular season title, […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Venzant is transferring to Abilene Christian, a co[…]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]