Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Cider Jim wrote:LU offers a welding degree.

https://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=6908
I did not know that. Actually, I think that´s amazing. My brother is an engineer who works a lot with exotic metals, and there is a lot of really high tech stuff involved with welding them. The fact that Liberty has majors with really practical applications is encouraging. It´s one more thing that sets us apart from the Evergreen States of the academic world.
Danville has been working on one of the largest industrial parks in the country and is looking to the precision metalworking sector.
Tom Loehr, the retired executive vice president of Rolls Royce Aerospace, has worked with local officials on numerous projects in the past, and he’ll be focusing on industries in the precision metalworking sector.

Loehr’s no stranger to local officials, as he’s been a key resource in helping land many of the major employers who’ve announced investments in the region: Overfinch, Kyocera, BGF Industries and Harlow Fastech, just to name a few. But it’s his career in aerospace and high-tech precision manufacturing that holds the greatest promise for future successes.
https://www.godanriver.com/opinion/edit ... ce1bc.html
oldflame wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:LU offers a welding degree.

https://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=6908
I did not know that. Actually, I think that´s amazing. My brother is an engineer who works a lot with exotic metals, and there is a lot of really high tech stuff involved with welding them. The fact that Liberty has majors with really practical applications is encouraging. It´s one more thing that sets us apart from the Evergreen States of the academic world.
BWXT and Areva/Framatome have hired quite a few welding engineers from LeTourneau over the years. Liberty having that offering makes perfect sense.
Purple Haize wrote:In my next life I want to be an under water welder. True story
Isn't that and pepperoni roll baking 2 of the more popular majors at WVU? :wink:
This is going to be an interesting few weeks to watch recruiting. Who decommits? Who gains interest? I can't wait!
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I dont see any of them decommitting. Especially not the best guys. Bennett is in, yarborough is in, monday is an lu guy, lloyd just committed to the school when we had no coach, clark liked yarboroughs teeet and has family connections. Glaize is solid. The other 3 could be interesting. Not sure freeze will want to use another schollie on a kicker, amerson and megginson look like marginal fbs/fcs players. If he thinks he can do better they may be at risk.
By Ewglenn
jinxy wrote:I dont see any of them decommitting. Especially not the best guys. Bennett is in, yarborough is in, monday is an lu guy, lloyd just committed to the school when we had no coach, clark liked yarboroughs teeet and has family connections. Glaize is solid. The other 3 could be interesting. Not sure freeze will want to use another schollie on a kicker, amerson and megginson look like marginal fbs/fcs players. If he thinks he can do better they may be at risk.
I think the kicker is going to either have to walk-on or go somewhere else. That RS for Alex is going to change that mindset.
By Ewglenn
Class of 20Something wrote:Coach can watch Megginson play today from his office if he wants. Heritage in states at LU. How many day one coaches get that opportunity?
Do you know if he is attending? Also what level of talent is going to be playing there today? Any kids we are looking at?
There are a couple guys who have decommitted recently from Va Tech and UVA that we could go after. Also, would love to see Freeze possibly get some 4 stars. I know those rankings don’t always mean a lot, but it would be nice to compete for 1 or 2. Get us some defensive help on the line and LBs. Secondary could use a guy as well.
Ethall15 wrote:There are a couple guys who have decommitted recently from Va Tech and UVA that we could go after. Also, would love to see Freeze possibly get some 4 stars. I know those rankings don’t always mean a lot, but it would be nice to compete for 1 or 2. Get us some defensive help on the line and LBs. Secondary could use a guy as well.
I would wager he’s still got some connections that could upgrade LU’s talent pool immediately if not sooner
By Ewglenn
Purple Haize wrote:
Ethall15 wrote:There are a couple guys who have decommitted recently from Va Tech and UVA that we could go after. Also, would love to see Freeze possibly get some 4 stars. I know those rankings don’t always mean a lot, but it would be nice to compete for 1 or 2. Get us some defensive help on the line and LBs. Secondary could use a guy as well.
I would wager he’s still got some connections that could upgrade LU’s talent pool immediately if not sooner
A 4 star is a y’all task this early. The highest player we ever got was an 83 out of 100 and we would need an 89 on 247 sports. It would be nice to get some high 3 stars.

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]