Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
They are cleary looking to add atleast 1 im thinking 2. They offered the lunsford kid then the mississippi kid plus visited lookabaugh after his visit here. Also a juco offer. That tells me they are looking for 2.

No idea on lookabaugh. It looked like he was all in on sdsu but he didnt commit after the visit and allowed us an in home. Im thinking freeze hire may have pulled us back even with sdsu. He hasnt been nearly as active with sdsu stuff since the visit. I would love to see us win one of these late recruiting battles against multiple schools.
So we are up to 13 commits!

A shortened summary of this page: http://www.aseaofred.com/2019-football-verbals/

JUCO

DB Nakota Shepard-Creer **
DB Jeremiah Houston
DT Devonte Lloyd

High School
QB Jonathan Bennett ***
WR C.J. Yarbrough ***
TE Brayden Monday ***
LB Malik Caper ***
DE Zack Amerson **
S Micah Glaize **
WR Demario Douglas
DE Tre'Shaun Clark
DB Chris Megginson
K Jason Stricker
jinxy wrote:No idea on lookabaugh. It looked like he was all in on sdsu but he didnt commit after the visit and allowed us an in home. Im thinking freeze hire may have pulled us back even with sdsu. He hasnt been nearly as active with sdsu stuff since the visit. I would love to see us win one of these late recruiting battles against multiple schools.
Hearing Lookabaugh wants Stamn to remain on staff
A Sea of Red wrote:
jinxy wrote:No idea on lookabaugh. It looked like he was all in on sdsu but he didnt commit after the visit and allowed us an in home. Im thinking freeze hire may have pulled us back even with sdsu. He hasnt been nearly as active with sdsu stuff since the visit. I would love to see us win one of these late recruiting battles against multiple schools.
Hearing Lookabaugh wants Stamn to remain on staff
That is a juicy piece of information right there.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Stamn was one of the better coaches we have. He did a remarkable job this year.

Him and Dearmon are our best recruiters as well. I have to think we retain him along with Wimbo, DeArmon, and Wilkins considering we have them going out and sitting at homes with potential recruits ala Lookabaugh.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
That is indeed a bit juicy, but realistically, coming from a situation where he was going after 5 star guys on the regular, I don´t think HCHF is going to make decisions on assistants based on the wishes of a 3 star OL. I do agree that Stamn, along with Brown and DeArmon, has one of the best arguments to be retained based on the performance of his position group and his effectiveness as a recruiter.
By BlueBlood
Class of 20Something wrote:How Clark and Douglas are not rated is insane to me. Both pass the eye test for 3* players.
Also, I don't think any of the rating services do a good job with evaulating JUCOs. For instance, - Lloyd has offers from us, FAU, Troy, Bowling Green and Western Kentucky. The rating services have baically no info on him and no rating at all. A school that is heavier on JUCOs is going to get more talent than the rating services will give them credit for.
I found this interesting:

Last year against FCS competition we gave up 11 sacks for the entire year. Whether FCS or not that is impressive.

This year as an FBS team we gave up 20(according to ESPN) for the entire year, which puts our o-line tied for 35th in the country. For the record, 5 teams in front of us are straight triple option teams and really our offensive line in pass protection was successful and our running game due to o-line and running backs was successful.

Conclusion: Aaron Stamn has proven himself to be a very good o-line coach.
He has...if you do the math, we gave up on average 1 sack per game in 2017. In 2018 playing 10 FBS teams and 2 FCS we averaged 1.6 sacks per game, so even with the increase in competition we only gave up .6 sacks per game more, and 4 of them combined between the 2 P5 schools on our schedule. Auburn had 5 sacks against Washington, the 2018 Pac-12 champion.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:I found this interesting:

Last year against FCS competition we gave up 11 sacks for the entire year. Whether FCS or not that is impressive.

This year as an FBS team we gave up 20(according to ESPN) for the entire year, which puts our o-line tied for 35th in the country. For the record, 5 teams in front of us are straight triple option teams and really our offensive line in pass protection was successful and our running game due to o-line and running backs was successful.

Conclusion: Aaron Stamn has proven himself to be a very good o-line coach.
Considering the fact our starting quarterback is about as mobile as a boat anchor yeah
By Adio4life
Class of 20Something wrote:How Clark and Douglas are not rated is insane to me. Both pass the eye test for 3* players.
I agree! Clark just received defensive MVP for the south in the 64th Annual FACA North-South All Star classic that was on tv this past Saturday.
Updated

JUCO

DB Nakota Shepard-Creer **
DB Jeremiah Houston
DT Devonte Lloyd **

High School
QB Jonathan Bennett ***
WR C.J. Yarbrough ***
TE Brayden Monday ***
LB Malik Caper ***
DE Zack Amerson **
S Micah Glaize **
DB Chris Megginson **
K Jason Stricker **
WR Demario Douglas
DE Tre'Shaun Clark
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Too early. Goal was to shore up what we had. Aubrey williams who committed today and isnt on that list above is the only one we werent already in on.

Their guys will be next round. Their may be 1 or 2 more tomorrow.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]