Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
There will be more than from what i heard. I heard 16 min before best and mcconnell. That may have accounted for king yearick and zepata, not 100 percent sure. I would be surprised if its not atleast 18 maybe 20. I think there is still a transfer or 2 out there that we dont know about.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:There will be more than from what i heard. I heard 16 min before best and mcconnell. That may have accounted for king yearick and zepata, not 100 percent sure. I would be surprised if its not atleast 18 maybe 20. I think there is still a transfer or 2 out there that we dont know about.
I have a feeling King will be back. Now if we sign Logan-Green, he might be better off going the grad transfer route. I may have counted 1 or 2 who don´t have schollies. Bollinger and Mock?
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I looked at it a week or so ago but the roster is down now. I believe both those were recruited walk ons that you mention.

It looks like our offers in the last couple days are all oline and dline mostly jucos. That would seem to tell us 2 things. Still working off current staffs board at this point and that we dont feel great about lookabaugh or maisen knight. We havent went in on anothr juco DE or juco db so maybe we still feel good on vega and howard. Both are adding offers by the day.

I think we need a juco OT to replace Lozano. Would assume they are still in on logan greene. Juco DE to add a 4th rotational piece at DE and then a juco db. Also looks like they want a high school OL after offering lunsford and they continue to visit demario douglas. From there, might be the freeze and new guys throw their hat in the ring for another guy or 2.

That would seemingly plug all the senior impact players holes with jucos and then add a lot of frosh talent.

If were able to pull off something like above i think we will be in great shape next year with guys like mack and huntley becoming eligible and faulks and shaa coming back from redshirts.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
If HCHF is “working off the previous staff’s board”, would that mean he plans on keeping at least one from that staff? One wouldn’t use previous staff to continue recruiting unless he planned to make the part of new staff, right?
JK37 wrote:If HCHF is “working off the previous staff’s board”, would that mean he plans on keeping at least one from that staff? One wouldn’t use previous staff to continue recruiting unless he planned to make the part of new staff, right?
I think he absolutely will keep one or two. It’s sort of SOP in football
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:The other thing to remember about Liberty is the recruiting staff is administrative. We don’t have the traditional recruiting coordinator who is also a position coach.
It WAS and we DIDN´T. I´m sure the existing player personnel people are helping Freeze right now, but I have a feeling once he has his staff in place we will probably be taking a more traditional approach.
Class of 20Something wrote:We are going hard on these defensive JUCO offers. I'm a bit surprised.
Did you watch LU’s Defense last year? :dontgetit
Purple Haize wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:We are going hard on these defensive JUCO offers. I'm a bit surprised.
Did you watch LU’s Defense last year? :dontgetit
I wasn't surprised that is how HCTG sought to solve the issue. I am surprised it has continued under HCHF.
I played around with the 247sports calculator last night and added the guys we have already gotten commitments from along with Lookabaugh, William Green, Vega, Jaylen Bannerman, Frederick Norman, Mason Lunsford and Sam Okuwenche(spelling) and with these guys we broke the top 100 in recruiting. I think each of these guys we have a really good shot at getting. Who knows, there may be a few surprises still out there. Either way I think we are gonna be looking sweet by the real end of recruiting in February.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Just curious, what's the highest ranked recruiting class in the history of LU?

Whatever the number is, I bet this incoming class blows it out of the water!
Cider Jim wrote:Just curious, what's the highest ranked recruiting class in the history of LU?

Whatever the number is, I bet this incoming class blows it out of the water!
Last year - 137. We're currently 128 this year.
Not sure if it is worth a note or not, but there is a grad transfer from Coastal named Chance Thrasher who was their starting QB in game 1 of 2017 but then got a season ending injury. Then he was a backup this year. Well, he retweeted JR Rozier or liked or whatever today when Rozier mentioned a big recruiting weekend coming this weekend. Thrasher was a 3 star qb on 247 espn and rivals back in 2015.

He was clocked at 4.62 in the 40 as a qb.
By LU 57
This would not surprise me at all. As mentioned Coach Freeze has shown a preference for QBs that can run and pass. Bo Wallace and Chad Kelly were both capable runners who rushed for multiple TDS. In fact Kelly rushed for over 500 yards and 10 TDS in 2015.

EDIT: And both were transfers.
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Not sure if it is worth a note or not, but there is a grad transfer from Coastal named Chance Thrasher who was their starting QB in game 1 of 2017 but then got a season ending injury. Then he was a backup this year. Well, he retweeted JR Rozier or liked or whatever today when Rozier mentioned a big recruiting weekend coming this weekend. Thrasher was a 3 star qb on 247 espn and rivals back in 2015.

He was clocked at 4.62 in the 40 as a qb.
Thrasher and Chadwell did not get along at all. He also may have two years of eligibility left.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]