Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Christian Harris would be a nice end of the day pick-up.

Damien just tweeted out that Freeze has 2 schollies left and will be looking to get 1 OL and 1 DL with those last two.
Christian Harris and Boyd would fill that bill from our current list. If not, we start working the JUCO and grad transfer market.
Looking at what we lost due to graduation and transfer as well as looking at the weak areas of our team my personal analysis is we took care of all of our needs except for 1, which was Offensive line. We are fortunate that we brought in 5 last year and I am almost certain we will hit that position hard n 2020. Freeze will also look to give out one of his last two schollies to a O-Lineman but honestly, he could give out both and it wouldn't hurt. I do think our d-line depth is more critical right now then the O-line depth.

A little overview from position standpoint of what we signed today:

7 - Defensive Backs
4 - Defensive Lineman (Green, James, Clark & Lloyd)
4 - Wide Receivers
3 - Linebackers (Caper, Monday, Amerson) - Gill in December mentioned Monday and Amerson playing at linebacker
1 - Offensive Lineman
1 - Quarterback
1 - Tight End
1 - Kicker/Punter
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:In 3 years, Liberty will pass the Hokies. Maybe sooner.
FIFY :fineprint
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Speaking of grad transfers to fill an O-Lineman spot:

[url]https://247sports.com/Player/Drew-Richmond-19258//url]

Kid is from Memphis and we know the connection Freeze has there. Jeremy Pruitt has a good relationship with Freeze as well and this kid is able to play immediately.

6'5 316 and could help us to our first bowl game and bowl win.
Richmond actually flipped to Tennessee from Ole Miss in 2015 (on signing day), so HF knows him well. 5 star out of HS.
https://tennessee.rivals.com/news/forme ... fer-portal
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A few thoughts regarding "the ones who got away". Yes, there were several players we offered who were in the discussion right up to yesterday and signed with other programs. In looking at the circumstances surrounding each one however, IMHO there were only one or possibly 2 that were actually lost battles.

I don't believe for one minute that the 2 hyphenated-name DBs chose Lamar and MTSU over Liberty. They were dropped when we got commitments from better players.

Same with Merritt, although he might well have gone with Kiffen anyway. We will never know. Looks like we pulled his offer when we landed James.

I don't think Reed Buys ever had any intention of coming to LU. It's pretty clear he is focused on playing for one of the Mississippi SEC schools and when he didn't get an offer, decided he would rather roll the dice with a JUCO in hopes of doing well enough to impress one of them and get an offer in a year or 2.

It appears that Marcus Harris was a legit head-to-head win for Miles and Kansas.

Christian Harris is a weird one. We were in, out, and in again on him right til the end. I wouldn't be surprised if the last straw was him scheduling his big proclamation for 6 PM when he no doubt had been told that HF had a press conference to talk about the signing class at 2. My guess is at that point HF decided he would be better off saving the schollie for a grad transfer.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:We signed at least 4 players from Virginia. Is this a record for in-state players ?
Pretty sure it is not. For a few years there Rocco emphasized recruiting Virginia heavily. Truth be told, I suspect the only reason we ended up signing Glaize and Megginson is that HF obviously decided he was not going to disrespect TG by "dumping" any of the players who committed to him.
By Ewglenn
oldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:We signed at least 4 players from Virginia. Is this a record for in-state players ?
Pretty sure it is not. For a few years there Rocco emphasized recruiting Virginia heavily. Truth be told, I suspect the only reason we ended up signing Glaize and Megginson is that HF obviously decided he was not going to disrespect TG by "dumping" any of the players who committed to him.
Plus it’s difficult dumping players and filling those spots in a few weeks. He had enough work to do in a short amount of time.
3rd place! Great!!
We don't know yet. we might beat BYU next year in recruiting.
we've offered so many 3stars and 4stars, and keep going on.
Feeling much better than previous year.

It seems like HCHF is saying "I'M THE HUGH FREEZE"
Last edited by Man_the_kay on February 8th, 2019, 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Ewglenn
That is taken out of context. We have the 134th ranked class. That’s taking the average recruit ranking which is obviously skewed with Land.

Class rankings:
ND 15
BYU 79
Army 96
NMSU 118
UMASS 119
Liberty 134
The order which shows us third is using the average rating of our 12 guys that have a 247 rating. The 80.92 rating is similar to a lot of schools in the 80-110 class rank range. That's great. However, those schools above us have a lot more rated players - in some cases, double what we do. Only having 12 rated players is what is keeping us in the 130s.

We have to hope that our coaches hit a few homeruns with our un-rated players. BTW - if a P5 offers an unrated player,you often see 247 or ESPN go back and rate the kid. Liberty doesnt carry that weight. I think we have a few players that would have been rated if a P5 had taken a flyer on them (DeMario Douglas comes to mind).
BlueBlood wrote:The order which shows us third is using the average rating of our 12 guys that have a 247 rating. The 80.92 rating is similar to a lot of schools in the 80-110 class rank range. That's great. However, those schools above us have a lot more rated players - in some cases, double what we do. Only having 12 rated players is what is keeping us in the 130s.

We have to hope that our coaches hit a few homeruns with our un-rated players. BTW - if a P5 offers an unrated player,you often see 247 or ESPN go back and rate the kid. Liberty doesnt carry that weight. I think we have a few players that would have been rated if a P5 had taken a flyer on them (DeMario Douglas comes to mind).
I think Tre'Shaun Clark is going to be the big surprise of the class as far as out performing their ratings go. Also, our CBs as a whole is an impressive group.

Do we have enough 3*+ talent to be "one deep" in every position(minus Special Teams)?
By BlueBlood
Class of 20Something wrote: I think Tre'Shaun Clark is going to be the big surprise of the class as far as out performing their ratings go.
Agree.

Basically we just picked out the two FL kids. I do sometimes think that there is so much talent down here that very good players get overshadowed by great players (leaving some kids unrated that would be rated if they lived elsewhere). Just a theory.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
It's ridiculous that Tre'Shawn and DeMario are not rated (but GREAT for us). Both showed how good they are on the big stage, with Tre'Shawn earning defensive MVP of the all-star game and DeMario breaking records in the state championship game. Both are 3 star talents. I'm wondering if they will look at Clark at LB. He certainly has the speed.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Ratings are nice. However we saw umass and nmst as well as troy and odu have all been fbs much longer.

Did it look like they had better talent than us? We will spank scrub programs like that soon. Probably even this year.
Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]