Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

jinxy wrote:One of most exciting improvements is the potential of what our d line could look like specifically d tackle. We have lacked quality tackles as long as ive followed LU. Other than asa chapmans juniour year and tolen avery the last 2 years we have always been below average at tackle.

We could roll out lloyd green james merrit beadles and have elefante pearson and mitchell as depth.

Too hard to predict at DE yet but we could be legitimately 4 or 5 deep with fbs quality players at both spots by wednesday.

If things fall right that could be our best position group next year.
You left out Ralfs Rusins, who will be a 5th year SR, and if healthy (which has been a problem with him) would probably be ahead of Elefante and Mitchell at least. That's 9 interior guys. :shock: I think James will be like Avery in that he could move out to DE at times, especially in short yardage situations.
jinxy wrote:So keitrel clark was supposed to visit vt this past weekend. Apparently tech landed a juco db commit and no longer had the schollie. Fan base is not happy and thinks clark was the better player. Looks like a good get. I think we closed the deal and he pushed glover out of a spot possibly. Boy glover might have really overplayed his hand.
I don't want to judge the young man (Glover) but past history seems to show that when a player has been to our campus for a visit and can't make up his mind, it's a red flag. Probably better for all concerned he go elsewhere. Unfortunately for him, it looks like Louisville is also taking a pass, so he may need to go to a less attractive option.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Manson are you hearing we are out on harris from your sources or just doing the math that he was at kansas last.

Class would be and 11 on a 10 pt scale if they cant land the surprise 4 star, harris and buys somehow.

I would be surprised if we dont get clark overton or james. Merritt is a huge piece too and never count out lane.
jinxy wrote:Manson are you hearing we are out on harris from your sources or just doing the math that he was at kansas last..
We're definitely not out. Hearing a lot of positivity we reel him in. I personally think its a 50-50 between us and Kansas.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Cool. Great work man. Sorry we have like 9 threads going all over the place. Excitement is high ha.
Good problem to have. Beats the apathy of the last couple seasons
jinxy wrote:Cool. Great work man. Sorry we have like 9 threads going all over the place. Excitement is high ha.
Don't apologize, I love this stuff! Can't believe we've already reached the point that we've got recruits deciding between us and P5s on signing day.
Here is my 2 cents on Marcus Harris:

1. I echo Manson's statement about how cool it is that we are battling P5's (even though it is Kansas) for recruits.
2. I think we do get Harris as there was a highly rated 4 star DE who committed over the weekend to the Jayhawks plus the other highly rated juco DE's they got this year too. I think the kid wants to play sooner than later. He will have that opportunity here.
Right now we sit at 130th in recruiting which is 7 spots better than last year in 247 at right @109points. We still have potentially a few more we could add to this aka Brian Merritt and who knows there may be another surprise. Who knows

Adding Brian Merritt to the rivals rankings of who we have at this point we will have 760 points which puts us at 98th in the country in recruiting.
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Right now we sit at 130th in recruiting which is 7 spots better than last year in 247 at right @109points. We still have potentially a few more we could add to this aka Brian Merritt and who knows there may be another surprise. Who knows

Adding Brian Merritt to the rivals rankings of who we have at this point we will have 760 points which puts us at 98th in the country in recruiting.
Merritt to Florida Atlantic.
Not gonna lie, thought we would get either Marcus Harris or Brian Merritt. However, getting the likes of William Green 3 star with 3 years, Elijah James 3 star and Devonte Lloyd gives us incredible depth and talent at the D-Line position. Tre'Shaun Clark is a star in the making as well and could easily put on 20 pounds to his frame. Even without Marcus Harris and Brian Merritt, what a great first class for Freeze and staff.
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Not gonna lie, thought we would get either Marcus Harris or Brian Merritt. However, getting the likes of William Green 3 star with 3 years, Elijah James 3 star and Devonte Lloyd gives us incredible depth and talent at the D-Line position. Tre'Shaun Clark is a star in the making as well and could easily put on 20 pounds to his frame. Even without Marcus Harris and Brian Merritt, what a great first class for Freeze and staff.
Manson saying we actually backed off Merritt when James commited. Christian Harris and Hicks are still out there.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Hicks isnt signing. Forgot about harris. I would still take him if he would sign. Marcus harris looked marginally better on tape but we need another DE in my opinion. Love the top 3 with lewis lemonier and clark. Not sold on amerson or saunders. Saunders size concerns me

Forgot monday could factor in. Not sure where they see him yet.
Last edited by jinxy on February 6th, 2019, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christian Harris is having his big signing ceremony at 6:00. I'm still thinking of what looks like an Easter egg in his twitter profile photo. I think we land him.

BTW, HCHF is having his media only presser right now.
jinxy wrote:Hicks isnt signing. Forgot about harris. I would still take him if he would sign. Marcus harris looked marginally better on tape but we need another DE in my opinion. Love the top 3 with lewis lemonier and clark. Not sold on amerson or saunders. Saunders size concerns me
You didn't mention Monday. Not sold on him either? :wink:

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]