Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

I don't have time to set a thread up for him but

https://twitter.com/blake2662a

2019 OL Blake Austin
6'4"290 lbs

Decommit from Coastal is September then started tweeting LU tweets. Has been retweeting LU tweets, players, and highlights since. Has visited UAB as well. Austin Lewis went to a neighboring high school. They are familiar with each other.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I like the implications that I must have tons of free time on my hands. :lol:

I am not seeing the LU connections other than a couple of Austin Lewis highlights. But I created a thread for him nonetheless.
Sly Fox wrote:I like the implications that I must have tons of free time on my hands. :lol:

I am not seeing the LU connections other than a couple of Austin Lewis highlights. But I created a thread for him nonetheless.
Not the intent at all. I've made a couple and was just saying I hadn't made one yet but wanted to include him in the conversation.
Emmanuel Greene who played his HS ball at the prestigious IMG academy and then signed with UCF in 2016. Oh and he had offers from Georgia, Ohio State, Oklahoma & Clemson just to name a few :shock: !! He visited campus today. He is a sophomore at the Iowa Central JUCO where he has had a very productive season and would slide right in to Damian King's Slot position too. He was a HIGH 3 star recruit in HS.

Imagine him, Johnny Huntley, AGG, & Stubbs out there in a 4 WR formation! With this guy our top 4 WR's will be the best quartet we have EVER had!
By Ewglenn
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Emmanuel Greene who played his HS ball at the prestigious IMG academy and then signed with UCF in 2016. Oh and he had offers from Georgia, Ohio State, Oklahoma & Clemson just to name a few :shock: !! He visited campus today. He is a sophomore at the Iowa Central JUCO where he has had a very productive season and would slide right in to Damian King's Slot position too. He was a HIGH 3 star recruit in HS.

Imagine him, Johnny Huntley, AGG, & Stubbs out there in a 4 WR formation! With this guy our top 4 WR's will be the best quartet we have EVER had!

He would be a great get. I imagine he is interested because of our offensive output. Not to mention AGG is going to be an NFL player. That is huge when trying to recruit a position.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Emmanuel Greene who played his HS ball at the prestigious IMG academy and then signed with UCF in 2016. Oh and he had offers from Georgia, Ohio State, Oklahoma & Clemson just to name a few :shock: !! He visited campus today. He is a sophomore at the Iowa Central JUCO where he has had a very productive season and would slide right in to Damian King's Slot position too. He was a HIGH 3 star recruit in HS.

King is eligible for a medical redshirt if he chooses to get one. I agree though, he could be a big time get especially in the special teams department. We haven't had a game changer since Fogg.
I did some twitter recruitment stalking today :lol: and found that Malik Caper, 3 star linebacker from Texas took an unofficial visit back on October 21st. These are his most recent pictures on his twitter page. He looks to be a great fit for LU and we need depth and more talent at the linebacker position.

He has an offer from us as well as offers from Colorado, Navy, SMU, Tulane, Syracuse, New Mexico State just to name a few.

I like our chances with this kid.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Wow we all missed him. He looked good in that uni. Havent heard much on fred norman lately either.

Brayden monday is a curious situation. We invited him to jr day. Real good time. Didnt offer. In mean time nc state and g5s offer. Then south carolina florida and ohio state all beat us to the punch. Then we offer. It looks like we might still be in the mix from what i hear.

Its really hard to track who all were on this year other than the couple guys i bumped yesterday. Vega would be a good add too.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Alright manson. Who all is visiting. We know vega and douglas plus 2 o linemam. I heard as many as 7 but no names other than twitter.

Will also be interesting to see if anything changes with lampkin and abreu. Matt wells is gone at utah state and houston is highly likely to be gone at jmu.
jinxy wrote:Alright manson. Who all is visiting. We know vega and douglas plus 2 o linemam. I heard as many as 7 but no names other than twitter.

Will also be interesting to see if anything changes with lampkin and abreu. Matt wells is gone at utah state and houston is highly likely to be gone at jmu.
Johnathan Bennett
CJ Yarbrough
Brayden Monday
Jack Lookabaugh
Class of 20Something wrote:
jinxy wrote:if you go by aaron wilkins tweet then Monday must have committed. That would be massive.
Doesnt the coaches tweet normally come from the position group coach? If Wilkins tweeted it out he(Monday) may have held his ground as an LB.
I think that's what they normally do. Wimbo retweeted it. Could be wrong but I think it's on the defensive side of the ball.
ballah09 wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:
jinxy wrote:if you go by aaron wilkins tweet then Monday must have committed. That would be massive.
Doesnt the coaches tweet normally come from the position group coach? If Wilkins tweeted it out he(Monday) may have held his ground as an LB.
I think that's what they normally do. Wimbo retweeted it. Could be wrong but I think it's on the defensive side of the ball.
I suspect that is correct. Don´t be surprised if Huntley ends up getting a lot of snaps as TE next year, and we actually throw the ball to him, which would be a HUGE plus. With both Wells and Avery graduating, we need an influx of talent in the DL.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Juco dt devontae llyod was here as well. 14 total offers half of which were fbs.

Um folks, they had a slew of talent on campus this weekend. Really need him and vega to replace wells and avery badly. Also need the kid from last week for kick returns

Treshaun clark was here too. Dude is yoked. Think he may be an impact de as well.

I dont believe demario douglas made it. Wonder if megginsons commitment and chisolms interest bumped him.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
If they can get norman and or lookabaugh plus one of the juco oline, chisolm, logan green, lloyd and vega, malik caper and gamon howard then ill eat my words ha.

Wish we could to the point where we could lock in some more guys early. Were always burning the midnight oil.

Gill will be here so ive moved on to getting as much talent as possible.
New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

Congress needs to get involved and pass a law ca[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]