Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Long snapper is probably one of the most underrated positions. Both these kids are extremely accurate woth their snaps, and can get that ball back quick to the punter/holder. With the only snapper on our roster a redshirt sophomore who has not snapped collegiately if I'm not mistaken, having the next potential all-American in house wouldn't hurt
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Long snapper is probably one of the most underrated positions. Both these kids are extremely accurate woth their snaps, and can get that ball back quick to the punter/holder. With the only snapper on our roster a redshirt sophomore who has not snapped collegiately if I'm not mistaken, having the next potential all-American in house wouldn't hurt
Of course the snaps in the video were "extremely accurate". :roll: Do you actually think they would have included anything less than perfect?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Of course not...that's why they are called "highlights". Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing a little competition among long snappers in fall camp this year. It's pretty much been one guy every year for as far back as I can remember.
BJWilliams wrote:Of course not...that's why they are called "highlights". Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing a little competition among long snappers in fall camp this year. It's pretty much been one guy every year for as far back as I can remember.
I'm sure there is competition every preseason for the position. Once the"winner" is determined you don't change them anytime during the season barring injury or a sudden failure to perform to expectations. Consistency in the three facets of the kicking game is pretty important.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I agree FH. I guess what I was saying is that with Mock being the only LS on the roster at the current moment and his having not to our knowledge attempted a collegiate snap, it will be good to have all three of them competing to be "the guy" who handles all of them for the next 2-4 years (barring injury or failure to perform to expectations as you note)
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I agree FH. I guess what I was saying is that with Mock being the only LS on the roster at the current moment and his having not to our knowledge attempted a collegiate snap, it will be good to have all three of them competing to be "the guy" who handles all of them for the next 2-4 years (barring injury or failure to perform to expectations as you note)
We won't be signing both of these guys BJ. :roll:
2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]