Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
We should take a look at the kicker from pulaski co. Saw hes made several 40 plus kicks. Probably 90 percent touchbacks on kicks. Heard he can punt it too. Local kid. Could walk on possibly. Best kicker ive seen in the area in some time. Better leg strength than anybody on current roster including probert.

We need depth even with the kid coming in. Need to find a walk on
By Ewglenn
Idk about y’all but I’m getting concerned about our recruiting class. FCS teams are starting to get their classes together and we’ve had no commits in awhile. Any else concerned? I feel like we should be 10+ commits right now.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:We should take a look at the kicker from pulaski co. Saw hes made several 40 plus kicks. Probably 90 percent touchbacks on kicks. Heard he can punt it too. Local kid. Could walk on possibly. Best kicker ive seen in the area in some time. Better leg strength than anybody on current roster including probert.

We need depth even with the kid coming in. Need to find a walk on
We have two great kickers already on campus. One is injured and one isn't playing football right now. I'd be thrilled to have either one on the field right now. But Peart has done a solid job in Probert's absence.

As for the class, we will do just fine. Right now most 2019 kids who are still on the market are doing their official visits and making a decision once they feel like they have a better grasp on their options. I would expect the majority of our HS commitments will come between November and January. The JUCOs should get locked in a little ahead of that timeline. I suspect we will be bringing in up to a half dozen of the latter.
I’m normally not a fan of juco heavy classes. It’s hard to build a program around juco guys.

That said, I think this is the right move for this year.

One of my biggest criticisms of Gill is that his staff has always been able to recruit good talent but they never put together good classes. It always felt like they just went to get the best talent we could get with no planning on needs or when guys would graduate.

This feels like the correction to those mistakes. Having Bevins in the building running our recruiting has made things 1000x more organized than they used to be. He deserves a ton of credit for overseeing where our recruiting has climbed to.
Jonathan Carone wrote:I’m normally not a fan of juco heavy classes. It’s hard to build a program around juco guys.

That said, I think this is the right move for this year.

One of my biggest criticisms of Gill is that his staff has always been able to recruit good talent but they never put together good classes. It always felt like they just went to get the best talent we could get with no planning on needs or when guys would graduate.

This feels like the correction to those mistakes. Having Bevins in the building running our recruiting has made things 1000x more organized than they used to be. He deserves a ton of credit for overseeing where our recruiting has climbed to.
Look at you warmin up :D
Jonathan Carone wrote:I can give credit when it’s deserved. I’ve said all along I would love to be proven wrong on every negative opinion I have of this staff.
Oh, c’mon now. You’re becoming a big softy. It’s ok to admit it. Embrace it even :D
Cider Jim wrote:The local paper has a good article about HCTG recruiting more JC players for next year's team:

https://www.newsadvance.com/sports/libe ... 84a65.html
After reading that article I feel a lot better about this year's class. With about 10 scholarships left, chances are most if not all of them will be going to junior college players. Those commitments tend to come a bit later than the high school recruits. Based on the contributions this year's JUCO players have made, I'm fine with that.
oldflame wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:The local paper has a good article about HCTG recruiting more JC players for next year's team:

https://www.newsadvance.com/sports/libe ... 84a65.html
After reading that article I feel a lot better about this year's class. With about 10 scholarships left, chances are most if not all of them will be going to junior college players. Those commitments tend to come a bit later than the high school recruits. Based on the contributions this year's JUCO players have made, I'm fine with that.
Last Chance U here we come baby!!! :D
Any direct flights to Scuba?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We are not done on the HS side. Now is the time ot chase the JUCOs who have emerged this fall and who are eligible to transfer in December or May. The HS kids we are chasing are either on their P5 visits right now or are late bloomers who we are watching and prepared to swoop in on once our offered kids make it clear we are in or out.

We are in a very unique circumstance in this transition and it has been fun watching App State & Coastal work this process just in front of us. Hopefully our staff has learned from observing their successes & failures.
Lemonier, Steele, Wilson, Ajayi, Elefante & Jones-Morris have made immediate impacts this year as Juco transfers. 4 of these 6 are starters. If we can add four more starters to next years defense from juco transfers in this upcoming recruiting class that would be HUGE!!! I also expect nothing less. You think about who we are losing as starters and experience: Juwan Wells, Jeremy Peters, Tolen Avery, Corbin Jackson, David King, and Mitchell Hurtado. Each of these guys have started or have given us experience and legitimate playing time. Hitting the juco ranks hard have already paid dividends for our team. Imagine if our defense didn't have and of the top 6 on it :shock:. We could potentially be sitting 1-5 or even 2-4 right now.

Hoping we can lock in some early enrollees with this class too.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]