Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By cruzan_flame13
oldflame wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Like I said in the Harris thread, having Bennett in a similar position to Queen in the 2018 class can only help us. Having both Bennett and Harris doing that would be huge.

Queen did not aggressively promote the program to other recruits the way Bennett has BJ. Not even close. Keep in mind, Bennett is a QB, and he clearly is looking to establish his leadership early. That´s fine, as long as he realizes we have this guy named Buckshot at QB, and he will almost certainly be sitting his first year on campus (possibly redshirting).
I'm sure he knows that but it wouldn't be the first time a senior's spot was taken before(not saying that it will be). I really think Bennett is looking long term, especially when it's not our first year being bowl eligible. Also, the schedules will be more interesting by his sophomore year onward.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I agree Queen was nowhere near as aggressive a promoter but having someone who essentially is recruiting on our behalf is a very good thing. I can't really recall someone doing that for us in the last few classes before 2018
By cruzan_flame13
Class of 20Something wrote:

Looks like we got a DLineman from Florida. Searching on Twitter, I can't see the commits post yet.
I’m trying to figure out the Floridians that were offered in the 2019 class lol
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Kid probably wants to announce on his own. 20something, what are the full names on the 3 you mention?
Last edited by jinxy on July 22nd, 2018, 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I don't watch a lot of tape, but it was interesting to see him play on both sides of ball. We recruited him, I guess, for defense, but for his offensive clips, it looked like I was watching The Blind Side movie. :shock:
And he must be quite the scholar if he turned down both Cornell and Marshall to come to LU. Study
By Ewglenn
Cider Jim wrote:I don't watch a lot of tape, but it was interesting to see him play on both sides of ball. We recruited him, I guess, for defense, but for his offensive clips, it looked like I was watching The Blind Side movie. :shock:
And he must be quite the scholar if he turned down both Cornell and Marshall to come to LU. Study
Cornell: yes
Marshall: no
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:I don't watch a lot of tape, but it was interesting to see him play on both sides of ball. We recruited him, I guess, for defense, but for his offensive clips, it looked like I was watching The Blind Side movie. :shock:
Cornell - The JUCO of the Ivy League
Marshall- The JUCO Of West Virginia
Purple Haize wrote:
Ewglenn wrote:
Cornell - The JUCO of the Ivy League
Marshall- The JUCO Of West Virginia
Calm down, Killer. That man had a family.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Fun comparison to track. See how many times specific schools or conferences offers show up in our commits. Thats another way to track since you see marshall app state ccu ga state odu regularly.
jinxy wrote:Fun comparison to track. See how many times specific schools or conferences offers show up in our commits. Thats another way to track since you see marshall app state ccu ga state odu regularly.
WKU is starting to show up a lot too. Ivys and academies have been a staple.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Sly you might want to add profiles for stephan scott. Jaelynn stanford 3 star db and brandon babcok ol from arizona 3 stars. I think all 3 could be commits eventually.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
My business travel has made keeping up with offers a losing proposition. There are a bunch of kids out there who have LU offers in hand that I haven't dropped profiles on in this forum. I'll see what I can do later today about getting these guys some attention.
flamehunter wrote:Sly needs an apprentice. Some young computer savvy football guru.
He needs like three of us. I've done like 3 of these and they are labor intensive. I don't know how he kicks them out as fast as he does.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Likewise. I have a hard enough time getting my NFL blog posts out and keep up with two boys this summer
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]