Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Honestly have no idea what we were doing. We were running a variation of the 4-2-5 stack most of the time but either we dont have the personnel or the execution wasnt close to right.
jinxy wrote:Honestly have no idea what we were doing. We were running a variation of the 4-2-5 stack most of the time but either we dont have the personnel or the execution wasnt close to right.
Is the 4-2-5 much different from the nickel?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
jinxy wrote:Honestly have no idea what we were doing. We were running a variation of the 4-2-5 stack most of the time but either we dont have the personnel or the execution wasnt close to right.
Normally when it is called a nickle, you have 3 corners and 2 safeties. In our standard 4-2-5 set we have 3 safeties and 2 corners
oldflame wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:
Normally when it is called a nickle, you have 3 corners and 2 safeties. In our standard 4-2-5 set we have 3 safeties and 2 corners

Thanks man.
jinxy wrote:Heard on radio uva now has 17 commits. We have fallen behind even last years pace.
Well it is our first year and I’m not sure how well recruitment was. I know that prospects enjoyed a visit to their homes or coming to the campus, but was it a moment where they will never forget? Did the staff and coach made visits that made prospect want to play for them? These are questions that will be answered in due time.
By Ewglenn
jinxy wrote:Heard on radio uva now has 17 commits. We have fallen behind even last years pace.
It’s pretty common for P5 schools to pile up commits before G5 schools.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
The excuses are hilarious. Coastal has like 12 with 4 or 5 3 stars. Odu has more app
State has more. Doormat uva has 17! We have 4. Counting a kicker :roll:
By cruzan_flame13
jinxy wrote:The excuses are hilarious. Coastal has like 12 with 4 or 5 3 stars. Odu has more app
State has more. Doormat uva has 17! We have 4. Counting a kicker :roll:
It can’t be based on the head coach..nahhhh can’t be...
By R i
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:JMU is up to like 6-7 commits and that's with several 3 stars.
We try and stay out of the juvie when recruiting tho.
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Anyone know how many we had at this point last year? Don't push the panic button yet. Recruiting is not a sprint but a marathon and I feel good about Christian Harris coming on board too.
I think Harris will commit and I think we will see some great DBs in this class as well. I think it will really ramp up when we have games recruits can visit for. Anyone we have at the Bill for the ODU game should be ours.
So I am toying with the class calculator again. Based on last years numbers, we will need a score of about 126 to be in the top 100 recruiting classes. Most three stars add about 11 points, most two stars add about 5 points. A class with 8 3* and 8 2* would usually get us to that mark. If we land Juice and Christian Harris, we will be sitting at 44 points. Something you will notice if you look at the Offer board on 247 is that we have offered almost EXCLUSIVELY 3* athletes with a handful of 2* and 4* in as well.

Position groups that could get depth quickly.

DBs. We have offered at least 51 Safetys and Cornerbacks already. About 80% are 3* or higher.

WR. Already 18 WRs have been offered by LU,

Disappointing offers.

LB, Between inside and outside, 247 is showing only 14 offers with 7 of them already commit elsewhere.

What we can hope for.

August 17 has been unofficially assigned as a mass commitment day. A lot of P5 offers are going to disappear for players that we have offered. I would expect for many 3*, we will carry a position heavy of cut someone for a roster spot if need be.

I think we will front load in season visits to the ODU game weekend. With a couple ambassadors already on campus like Bennett, the coaches can appropriately focus on the game while the atmosphere of Flames Football does the work of convincing. If they are able to accomplish a monster weekend with ODU and recruits and walk away with 3 or more 3* commitments, the flood gates may open.

Is it football season yet? I just rewatched it Indiana State heart attack game.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
This is great info. The ODU atmosphere will not disappoint, and based on our first game performances over the years under Gill, it will be a close game.

Based on scholarship numbers, what number of recruits are we targeting for this class ?

The stat that we would need 8-3* commits and 8-2* commits to break the top 100 seems off to me. Feels like that would put us in the top 60 or so.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
After looking back at rivals rankings of last year. Tulsa had 8-3* guys and 14-2* guys and they were ranked 86 in the country. So you were right CO20. Wow that seems like a long way off for our recruiting. Hopefully getting the 3* QB early and having a great atmosphere and biggest crowd in school history against ODU will open the flood gates as you mentioned earlier.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:This is great info. The ODU atmosphere will not disappoint, and based on our first game performances over the years under Gill, it will be a close game.

Based on scholarship numbers, what number of recruits are we targeting for this class ?

The stat that we would need 8-3* commits and 8-2* commits to break the top 100 seems off to me. Feels like that would put us in the top 60 or so.
I count 13 scholarship Seniors on this years roster. Assuming a certainl amount of attrition, I expect a class in the area of 20.

The 2 star rating is pretty much a joke IMHO. All it means is that one or more recruiting services have decided to give the recruit a rating, which could be anywhere from 2 to 5 stars, and they got the lowest possible rating (no such thing as a 1 star). Theoretically, the chances of an unrated player being really good would actually be greater than a 2 star. In the past, we signed some players who were unrated, but that was as an FCS program. I noticed that ALL of Coastal´s signees this year (their first in FBS) had either 2 or 3 stars. I don´t know if that is something the rating services do for all FBS programs, or possibly Moglia or Willie Korn worked out a deal to get all of their committments rated. Either way, it means nothing on the football field.
R i wrote:After looking back at rivals rankings of last year. Tulsa had 8-3* guys and 14-2* guys and they were ranked 86 in the country. So you were right CO20. Wow that seems like a long way off for our recruiting. Hopefully getting the 3* QB early and having a great atmosphere and biggest crowd in school history against ODU will open the flood gates as you mentioned earlier.

Looking at Tulsa on 247 they were ranked at 97 and had 14 recruits ranked at 3* instead of 8 from Rivals.

I based on last year and growth of the name and changes to our pitches(bowl tie ins) I am predicting that we will fill this class with 10-12 3* recruits and the remaining would be ranked 2*.

Just guessing with algebra we would be looking at a class rating of 145-157. Allowing for two JUCOs and one unranked player that don't get counted in class ratings.

This rating would put us between #90 and #80

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Like I said in the Harris thread, having Bennett in a similar position to Queen in the 2018 class can only help us. Having both Bennett and Harris doing that would be huge.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Like I said in the Harris thread, having Bennett in a similar position to Queen in the 2018 class can only help us. Having both Bennett and Harris doing that would be huge.

Queen did not aggressively promote the program to other recruits the way Bennett has BJ. Not even close. Keep in mind, Bennett is a QB, and he clearly is looking to establish his leadership early. That´s fine, as long as he realizes we have this guy named Buckshot at QB, and he will almost certainly be sitting his first year on campus (possibly redshirting).
Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by So[…]