Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

JK37 wrote:6-7, 280 is nice size. But Fridge was a good 75 lbs. heavier.
Five inches taller, if Senn hits 355# he would likely be leaner and quicker though. Remember, you're comparing Fridge's NFL playing weight to a 17 year olds playing weight. Senn could easily put on 30-40 pounds on a college campus.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for keeping us with these developments around camp, guys. I am in the midst of a month on the road with limited site access. The past few years we have picked up some commitments during Coach Gill's camps in Lynchburg and elsewhere. I would expect to hear some more news soon.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
looks like there is going to be a few recruits that are going to be camping this weekend at Liberty with Bennett being one of them. Judging by twitter Harris will be here as well. It will be great to see a commitment.
ballah09 wrote:looks like there is going to be a few recruits that are going to be camping this weekend at Liberty with Bennett being one of them. Judging by twitter Harris will be here as well. It will be great to see a commitment.
Bennett is really going to go in on Harris.

Looking at last years recruiting class rankings we would have to pull in about 11 three star recruits to break the top 100 classes and be closer to 20 to crack the top 75.
As a kid, I never despised JMU. However, as an alum of LU those three letters make me want to puke now. Love winning recruiting battles against the dirty Dukes. In regards to Christian Harris, I would be surprised if he went anywhere else than ole LU.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:Micah Glaize just committed.

Local kid with offers from ODU, and JMU
It's always extra special to see local talent join up! He's got good size for a safety and I love beating out ODU and JMU. Hope to see that happen again and again. Waiting for the first guy we get over Va Tech! 8)
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Nice add, good athlete and its nice to keep another local playmaker with options.

I dont believe harris was here. It does sound like he will be trimming his list down and making a visit soon though.
By cruzan_flame13
jinxy wrote:Nice add, good athlete and its nice to keep another local playmaker with options.

I dont believe harris was here. It does sound like he will be trimming his list down and making a visit soon though.
Harris did post a comment calling the boys committed brothers:

UNC is looking at him too; well some fans at least are looking at him.
I don't know if any of you follow our recruits on Twitter but things are starting to heat up. Bennett is going in on Rick D'abreu and Christian Harris. He's been showing Stephen Scott some love too. A couple of these guys don't have stars yet but I'm not sure why.
By cruzan_flame13
Class of 20Something wrote:I don't know if any of you follow our recruits on Twitter but things are starting to heat up. Bennett is going in on Rick D'abreu and Christian Harris. He's been showing Stephen Scott some love too. A couple of these guys don't have stars yet but I'm not sure why.
I'm seeing this to but I like it. That's how dynasties are created. It may not become a documentary later, but this can establish an improved tradition for the flames. Not going to lie; I'm a bit pumped for this class and we haven't even played as a FBS program yet!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:3 star ol brandon babcock visited from arizona. High character 4.0 gpa kid. Offered by army montana amd some ivys.
Babcock is a 6´6¨ 295 offensive tackle. He visited Army right after us, and has also been to Northern AZ and AZ (no offer yet from the Wildcats).
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
oldflame wrote:Assistant director of player personnel Trey Johnson has left to take a similar position at Southern Cal.
I mean, go!
Not the best timing for us, but he would have been a fool to pass up an opportunity like that. When stuff like this happens, the upside is it makes the position really attractive in looking for a quality replacement. The downside is that based on Gill´s track record, he is more likely do something like promote a grad assistant.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Last 2 have been pretty good. I have no problem with promoting wilkins. I just thought we needed a change at dc which the numbers dont lie. Theres another total deadweight on the defensive staff as well but it wont be addressed. At least wimbo can recruit and coach dbs. Hes just not a good coordinator or if he is he hasnt shown it yet.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Last 2 have been pretty good. I have no problem with promoting wilkins. I just thought we needed a change at dc which the numbers dont lie. Theres another total deadweight on the defensive staff as well but it wont be addressed. At least wimbo can recruit and coach dbs. Hes just not a good coordinator or if he is he hasnt shown it yet.
I don´t get your thinking. I have a big problem with promoting Wilkins. The rule change allowing an additional assistant presented a unique opportunity to upgrade at a much more important job (DC) and still keep Wimberly around to coach safeties and recruit. Instead, Gill decided to pass on it and promote a QA guy to become a SECOND DL coach, when we already had Singletary. No matter how good a job Wilkins does, I can´t see how it will possibly have the positive impact a quality DC hire would have.

I think I know the other coach you are referring to, but I wouldn´t make book on it.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
We agree. Im just saying wilkins has done a good job from what i hear and the problem wasnt promoting him. I would have promoted him removed another coach that cant recruit and the players dont respect and kept wimbo on staff. We agree i just didnt expand. Wilkins is another dearmon to me. I think he can do well. Totally agreed we needed a defensive shift. In gills defense i think he may have been asked to make the hire im questioning. Not 100 percent sure on that but ive heard it multiple places so theres at least an element of truth to it i think.
What is our base defensive scheme these days? It feels like we Nickel and Dime a lot. Is that the reality or it just because we keep moving DBs to LB.

What do you guys think we need to move to with the increase in competition?
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216333887[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]