Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Junior Day visits included:

Kicker Jason Stricker from Charlotte, NC who committed
3 star safety Chaynce Chalmers from Stonewall Jackson HS in Manassas, VA
3 star WR Rush Landsell from Columbia Academy in Columbia, TN
QB CJ Yarbrough from Tanner HS in Tanner, AL
Isaiah Gibbs from Farragut HS in Knoxville, TN
Tim Hamilton from Manchester HS in Richmond, VA
Abraham Camara from West Forsyth HS in Cumming, GA
Jermaine Harris from West Forsyth HS in Cumming, GA
Lincorey Lucas Jr from Indian River HS in Chesapeake, VA
By Class of 20Something
This feels pretty good having the K slot locked up for after Probert. At least we've never been a team that can't find a kicker.

Events like this junior day will be huge for us in the future. Get higher rated recruits on campus together.
By cruzan_flame13
I read the 24/ 7 article on C.J. Yarbrough and it was very interesting. The way way he described his visit was mind blowing! I feel like this article could open the gates to many prospects and coaches, which could make them give LU a chance.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, we unleashed the offers just like we did last spring. I am still getting all of the kids up in threads and will go back and fill in the details later.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Yeah, we unleashed the offers just like we did last spring. I am still getting all of the kids up in threads and will go back and fill in the details later.
Appreciate the efforts Sly.
cruzan_flame13 wrote:I see that Johnathan Bennett just promoted LU to 2019 prospect James Gordon IV:

JGIV is literally a MACK on the defense; here's his twitter profile to check him out:

https://twitter.com/djgrind21
His post about Liberty was back in April. That means Bennett is searching for recruits on twitter. Gosh it feels good having recruits as excited about Liberty football as we are.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
This is always a big month with all the camps. We're already slightly ahead of last year's pace in terms of number and quality of commits. Would love to see us come out of June with 8-10 commits and about 6 or 7 3 stars. It changes your outlook so much earlier when your not trying to fill so many pieces late. Obviously we won't be signing 30 kids this year but i would bet we're in the 25 range. Some of the junior class and redshirt sophomore group that get recruited over talent wise will inevitably move on after this year when see how tough it will be to get PT.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:This is always a big month with all the camps. We're already slightly ahead of last year's pace in terms of number and quality of commits. Would love to see us come out of June with 8-10 commits and about 6 or 7 3 stars. It changes your outlook so much earlier when your not trying to fill so many pieces late. Obviously we won't be signing 30 kids this year but i would bet we're in the 25 range. Some of the junior class and redshirt sophomore group that get recruited over talent wise will inevitably move on after this year when see how tough it will be to get PT.
Only 13 scholarship Seniors on the roster by my count, so I think 25 is a bit high, although I agree we are likely to see an increase in transfers. Being FBS, players who are unhappy about the number of snaps they are getting now have the easy out of transferring to an FCS school and playing immediatly. My guess would be about 20 total, with hopefully 10-12 3 stars.
oldflame wrote:
jinxy wrote:This is always a big month with all the camps. We're already slightly ahead of last year's pace in terms of number and quality of commits. Would love to see us come out of June with 8-10 commits and about 6 or 7 3 stars. It changes your outlook so much earlier when your not trying to fill so many pieces late. Obviously we won't be signing 30 kids this year but i would bet we're in the 25 range. Some of the junior class and redshirt sophomore group that get recruited over talent wise will inevitably move on after this year when see how tough it will be to get PT.
Only 13 scholarship Seniors on the roster by my count, so I think 25 is a bit high, although I agree we are likely to see an increase in transfers. Being FBS, players who are unhappy about the number of snaps they are getting now have the easy out of transferring to an FCS school and playing immediatly. My guess would be about 20 total, with hopefully 10-12 3 stars.

I actually think we're going to be looking over that for the volume of 3 stars. I imaging about 2/3 of the class as three stars.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
After looking at the roster again, jinxy´s number of 25 may in fact be about right. I didn´t realize that we have 10 R-JRs on the roster who will likely be graduating next May (or even this Dec.). Depending on how things go this year, it´s possible all but 2 of them (Solomon Ajayi and Dontae Duff) may be buried on the depth chart for 2019. This includes a few who were regular contributors last year. I would think those will be first in line to transfer out, because they will have their degree and can pursue going to any school that wants them, regardless of level, and play right away. Add to that some Sophs and JRs who might want to go the FCS route to get snaps, and I guess 12 transfers is not out of the question.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Classof20something, im talking by end of camp season. Not the full class for the 3 stars. Oldflame, ive heard gill say in person twice 22 or 23 so i just rounded up since we always have more attrition and its expected. I also think some lower regarded players wont have schollies renewed that were walk ons. I wouod just bet on some of the 30 from last year not working out as well. When its all said and done i would be 25 will be close.
jinxy wrote:Classof20something, im talking by end of camp season. Not the full class for the 3 stars. Oldflame, ive heard gill say in person twice 22 or 23 so i just rounded up since we always have more attrition and its expected. I also think some lower regarded players wont have schollies renewed that were walk ons. I wouod just bet on some of the 30 from last year not working out as well. When its all said and done i would be 25 will be close.
Ahh, I misunderstood. I'd guess ideally you average 20 per class and plan for 5 more transfers out.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:Anyone remember "The Fridge" from the Bears? We just offered one from Austria. Class of 2019. 6'7" 280lbs.

He tries to hurt someone when he catches them. :evil: :football
By cruzan_flame13
TH Spangler wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:Anyone remember "The Fridge" from the Bears? We just offered one from Austria. Class of 2019. 6'7" 280lbs.

He tries to hurt someone when he catches them. :evil: :football
Sad to say, but he would bring more butts into the bleachers/seats at the Bill. Would be nice to see him demolish opponents on the field.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]