Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Here is the question that I have been mulling over since Weaver de-committed: does anything make this class a disappointment? Obviously, if certain people sign it will make this class more exciting and better but can we honestly say if the worst thing happens tomorrow that this first ever FBS recruiting class would be considered a disappointment. Thoughts?
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Here is the question that I have been mulling over since Weaver de-committed: does anything make this class a disappointment? Obviously, if certain people sign it will make this class more exciting and better but can we honestly say if the worst thing happens tomorrow that this first ever FBS recruiting class would be considered a disappointment. Thoughts?
I would be disappointed if we wiff tomorrow on Carter AND Davis, but just ESD made this our best class ever. Tomorrow has the chance to make us competitive earlier in this transition. Davis has the potential to be THE top RB in Virginia FBS football with us. He would be lucky to see the field more than three times in his career at ODU. 10 backs is just way too many.

I want to see something crazy tomorrow though. I want to see us poach a 3* from a P5.

This class can't be a disappointment but it has the potential to be an underwhelming day.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Tomorrow could be setting up to be a disaster. We needed both jucos badly with the news that nerness and storey are gone. Weaver flipping. I think were still ok if we get davis carter and lemonier but its nervous times for all 3.
By Neo
The time period from the end of the December signing period through the February signing period is setting up to be a colossal fail for us. We've already lost one verbal in Dacoda Weaver. If Juice Iwuchukwu does sign with Arkansas State that's a big loss. Carter and Davis are mysteries, and if neither sign with Liberty, what did we get since December?

The tight end Barrett looks like a decent pickup but other than that?
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Yeah talk about a disaster waiting to happen.

Carter is the only one I feel confident about. I don’t know if they’re allowed to contact recruits now but they need to be on the phone ASAP with Ballard if Davis in fact goes with ODU.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
No one is committing before their letter signing now. The kids love to have drama at their signing. Any commits before tomorrow will have to be veiled references from our staff to commits from (Insert state here).

I am working during the period tomorrow and the last minute drama is making this a much more interesting 2/7 than I expected a month ago. Hopefully some of the drama ends well.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Hes talking about davis. Theres a rb that they have been trying to flip that was committed to tennessee. Rumor is they made elijah the backup plan. Personally i believe that his P5 tweet was referencing VT and their keeping him at arms distance as a backup plan. I think its us or odu but i heard he has really labored over the decision so who knows. If we dont get him the lack of long term certainty with the staff hurts as well. That has been used against us by both odu and jmu.
By Atlanta Flame
When a prospect waits to later in the day to sign he is hoping a player with multiple offers chooses the other school and he moves up on their board. This may or may not be the case. I am holding on to hope for Davis to be a Flame.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
We are also running our signing show at 1 which is the same time he is announcing. Doesnt seem like a good sign to me. If we wer expecting to sign him it would be after he signs i would think.

:roll:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
This is the first time since I have been following LU recruiting that we know we will be waiting til afternoon for one or more targeted recruits on signing day. Davis for sure, and I hope I am wrong, but wouldn't be surprised if Carter holds out til later in the day to see if he gets a fallback offer. We need to get used to it. The suspense is the price we pay when dealing with recruits who have other attractive options.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I dont believe davis is holding out for an offer. The grant kid that tech was after flipped to fsu. Then davis replied to a tech fan on twitter who suggessted he hold out for the vt offer and he shot that down right on the spot.

But they are kids and you never know. Josh mcdaniels jist flipped yesterday so its not surprising that kids do.

I dont even think carter will sign today at all
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:I dont believe davis is holding out for an offer. The grant kid that tech was after flipped to fsu. Then davis replied to a tech fan on twitter who suggessted he hold out for the vt offer and he shot that down right on the spot.

But they are kids and you never know. Josh mcdaniels jist flipped yesterday so its not surprising that kids do.

I tend to agree on Davis. It seems pretty clear he is not a fan of P5 schools trying to bigtime him by stringing him along.

Any particular reason you don't think Carter will sign today?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:I dont believe davis is holding out for an offer. The grant kid that tech was after flipped to fsu. Then davis replied to a tech fan on twitter who suggessted he hold out for the vt offer and he shot that down right on the spot.

Josh McDaniels flipped because his wallet flipped
Purple Haize wrote:

Josh McDaniels flipped because his wallet flipped
That and catfishing the Colts for deflategate is BB levels of Petty.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I think carter has the syndrome of refusing to accept that p5 schools just arent offering him. He has RT his tape and recruitment still open tweets every day. Hes in denial and until he comes to grio with his options i dont see him signing.
I think we need to remember he is a 17 year old kid. I still think he signs with us today. I would rather have a kid do what he has done than what bobby brown did to Alabama today. Where he has been committed up until he signed with Texas A&M. Yet again, still a 17 year old kid making a HUGE decision.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]