Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By cruzan_flame13
libertyfan4life wrote:This day has been a bit of a bruiser.

Sad to say but we shouldn't be so surprised. it's the usual; we get pumped up weeks before and then the slow downfall occurs. Although we get some decent prospects, there are still holes that never get filled. Then we actually see it weeks deep in the season. It was 6-5 plus being possibly co-champions that no one should brag about; I'm not going to think about the results for this season.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
libertyfan4life wrote:This day has been a bit of a bruiser.
I guess some people bruise easier than others. So far, we have missed out on one key target and are waiting on another one (Carter) who would be a great get, but really does not fill any specific need. Met huge needs at DE and TE with JUCO players who will likely start.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:So lost a 2 star OL
Losrr davis
Lost a immediate impact juco DE
Carter has not signed

Yeah pretty bad close
Only one of those players (Weaver) ever said he wanted to play for Liberty, and we "lost" him a long time ago. If you are going to say we "lost" every player we offered who didn't sign, that's a long list. Of the 2 defensive ends who visited the last weekend of Jan, we signed the better of the 2, and he will likely start. Oh, and Carter is still out there begging Taggert to look at his video, and we are the only place he has visited. Hopefully at some point reality will set in.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Your statement above is false. One of those players pledged.

No power back no stud qb didny replace weaver and needed the d line depth.

I was right on carter. Interestingly enough i have heard 3 coaches including gill say there not done. How much is out there.

Sams had not signed at last check and the rumor was academics.
Last edited by jinxy on February 7th, 2018, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Your statement above is false. One of those players pledged.
Yes, Weaver. Juice never formally committed, DeArmon just had the impression both of the DEs were coming.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Thats not what i heard. They both committed on there visit and juice was signing with us until the last 2 days. Pretty confident in that.

Hey think whatever makes you happy.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Thats not what i heard. They both committed on there visit and juice was signing with us until the last 2 days. Pretty confident in that.

Hey think whatever makes you happy.
Let's say you are right, and Juice flipped. It happens. We also signed a player today who flipped from a previous commit.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
jinxy wrote:Sams had not signed at last check and the rumor was academics.
He won’t be coming here if that’s the case.
Some JUCO is going to have a really good O-lineman for the next couple of years.
FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

If Cleveland isn't in gym everyday working on addi[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1782[…]