Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Hearing that Liberty has a great chance at getting Johnny Huntley who is transferring from Colorado. He's a 6'3", 220 pound wide receiver originally from Plantation, Florida and is expected to visit Lynchburg the weekend of January 12th. He played in 12 games as a true freshman in 2016, mainly on special teams, had just one reception. Played in 12 games in 2017, also on special teams.

As a senior in high school, he recorded 55 receptions for 940 yards and 12 TDs. He was a 3 star recruit out of HS with offers from Colorado, Syracuse, App St, Bowling Green, Cincinnati, FIU, FAU, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville, Purdue, Rutgers, TCU, Temple, Tennessee, USF, Washington, West Virginia, and Western Kentucky.
Obviously, this is when I wish the transfer rule wasn't in place, haha. 247 had him rated as the 99th best WR in 2016 recruiting class. Either way, he will fill a need for us in next years class due to Reddick, King, Farrow and anyone who may transfer out.

Imagine him on 1 side with AG on the other!!!
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:Obviously, this is when I wish the transfer rule wasn't in place, haha. 247 had him rated as the 99th best WR in 2016 recruiting class. Either way, he will fill a need for us in next years class due to Reddick, King, Farrow and anyone who may transfer out.

Imagine him on 1 side with AG on the other!!!
And our upcoming offensive line and our upcoming RB.

We could have a full 3* offense within 2 years. :shock:
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:And what puts butts in the seats. . . OFFENSE!

That and good food trucks :)
I was looking back on the original drawings of the expansion and they had trees inside the stadium. If they can put the food trucks at the top of the berm and ditch the trees, I can watch while I wait!
Last edited by Class of 20Something on December 29th, 2017, 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Sounds like a good pick up, if we can get him. I like his size.
I thought you hated transfers. Shouldn't he stick with the school he chose when he was 17, even though he only gets to cover punts and kickoffs?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Sounds like a good pick up, if we can get him. I like his size.
I thought you hated transfers. Shouldn't he stick with the school he chose when he was 17, even though he only gets to cover punts and kickoffs?
Don’t expect consistency of thought
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
The sitting out a year is good for us. There isnt much room this year at all. Even after these 3 graduate you still have AGG stubbs coleman shaa plus the 3 frosh signees. Its good to split the classes up a bit.
+1 jinky.

And that's not counting injuries or potential transferring from coleman. I could easily see him transferring out with the talent we have coming in and that is with this guy transferring. But if the passing game continues the way it is trending. You are going to have 4 guys potentially catching 35+ passes. We had 2 with 60+ catches this last year.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:I was looking back on the original drawings of the expansion and they had trees inside the stadium. If they can put the food trucks at the top of the berm and ditch the trees, I can watch while I wait!
TREES over trucks! :fineprint
Cider Jim wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:I was looking back on the original drawings of the expansion and they had trees inside the stadium. If they can put the food trucks at the top of the berm and ditch the trees, I can watch while I wait!
TREES over trucks! :fineprint
Appetite over Arbor :fineprint
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Coleman had a pretty decent offer list. Really better than any of our 3 frosh or the juco kid. I wouldnt count him out at all. Mcconnell could be one that gets left out unfortunately.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:Appetite over Arbor :fineprint
Purple Haize won't appreciate the assonance in that statement, but I certainly do, young man. Study :clapping
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:Appetite over Arbor :fineprint
Purple Haize won't appreciate the assonance in that statement, but I certainly do, young man. Study :clapping
Who you callin an jerk of sense?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
He will have to sit out a year, right?
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]